Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Suicide By Chainsaw! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/suicide-chainsaw-60601/)

Vikingdad 03-20-2012 03:42 AM

Suicide By Chainsaw!

Holy cats! I think you have to admire her dedication though. :eek:

Police: LA woman apparently commits suicide with chainsaw
By msnbc.com staff

A Los Angeles woman apparently killed herself with a chainsaw in her apartment, the Los Angeles Times reported.

Fire officials said evidence indicates the 47-year-old woman may have been dead for a day, the paper reported.

The woman's sister found the body and a suicide note in their apartment Thursday after midnight, KNX 1070 Newsradio reported.

LAPD Officer Norma Eisenman told the Times that the door to the woman's apartment was jammed, but "the sister was able to see her on the bed with a chainsaw next to her."
Advertise | AdChoices

"She has a neck wound, but it hasn't officially been ruled a suicide yet, though that's what it appears to be," LA County coroner spokesman Larry Dietz told the Times.

texaswoodworker 03-20-2012 04:31 AM

OMG, Why? Why would you choose to go out like that? That had to be extremely painful, and extremely messy. That's horrible.

Mason609 03-20-2012 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texaswoodworker (Post 745855)
OMG, Why? Why would you choose to go out like that? That had to be extremely painful, and extremely messy. That's horrible.

And difficult...

Any ideas why?

JonM 03-20-2012 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mason609 (Post 745860)
And difficult...

Any ideas why?

Aybe she wanted to be the first ever. Just my guess

silverado113 03-20-2012 11:19 AM

Never understood those who take their life in a very painful way. It's bad enough that they decide to commit suicide but DAMN!

Georgiahunter 03-20-2012 11:33 AM

This is sad. It would be bad enough to discover a loved one committed suicide, but to do it in such a terrible way is even more horrific. IMO the biggest victims in any suicide is the persons friends and family.

Yunus 03-20-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texaswoodworker (Post 745855)

She was in California and couldn't get a gun. :confused:

It's not like she decapitated herself, it probably was similar to getting ones throat slit.

Ranger-6 03-20-2012 12:29 PM

Now the liberals are going to require a license for concealed chain saws.

JonM 03-20-2012 12:33 PM

Most likely she was trying to do the death by carbon monoxide thing passed out and fell on it.

I dont think it would be painful at first. I ran the tip of my thumb into a bandsaw blade once while it was on. I could feel the blade hitting me but there was zero pain for about 2 minutes. Fortunately it only got the meaty part and healed clean.

I think the shock of something like that traumatizes the nerves and it takes a bit until they recover and start working again.

Who hasnt cut themselves cooking and not felt it till well after the blood started??

Yunus 03-20-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 746073)
Most likely she was trying to do the death by carbon monoxide thing passed out and fell on it.

I dont think it would be painful at first. I ran the tip of my thumb into a bandsaw blade once while it was on. I could feel the blade hitting me but there was zero pain for about 2 minutes. Fortunately it only got the meaty part and healed clean.

I think the shock of something like that traumatizes the nerves and it takes a bit until they recover and start working again.

Who hasnt cut themselves cooking and not felt it till well after the blood started??

Usually I'm asking myself, why is the lettuce red? When I realize what happened.