Suicide by AR at GB Airport- Houston - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Suicide by AR at GB Airport- Houston

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2013, 02:50 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7018 Times on 3886 Posts
Likes Given: 6756

Pretty much a classic suicide by cop type scenario with a twist.

A lot of these folks who do it publicly, seem to want to "lay a guilt trip" on the whole world because their life came apart.

Pretty sad, really, but at least he checked out with enough humanity still intact that he didn't take innocents with him.

I think that will be a big positive when he faces judgement.

Old 05-04-2013, 03:09 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6752 Times on 3670 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

Sad that he or anyone does that. But if they are intent, they do something useful. Go to Afghanistan, strap a bomb on, and go find some Taliban.

Old 05-04-2013, 08:03 AM   #13

Liked 1137 Times on 729 Posts
Likes Given: 246

His plan, or the plan, gov says he made, was to kill everyone in the terminal. The dems will make a big deal out of this. More gun grabs to come.

Old 05-04-2013, 11:26 AM   #14
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7640 Times on 3905 Posts
Likes Given: 8630

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
Glenn Beck was saying his sources in the HPD that the man was out of town, stayed at local hotel and intentions was to kill others, instead he shoots the AR in the air, changed mind and air marshal shoots the suspect. They say the suspect turned a pistol on himself. Let's see what comes out of this!

Interesting this happens in the Houston Airport and in the same city where the NRA is having their annual convention.

More details and who was the male suspect?

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2013/05/02/man-shoots-himself-inside-bush-international-airport/

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/02/us/texas-houston-airport-shooting/?hpt=hp_t2

CNN affiliate KHOU reported the man walked into the terminal with a military-style, semiautomatic rifle and fired two shots into the ceiling.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/05/02/houston-airport-shots-idUSL2N0DJ20I20130502
I saw an interview with the NRA president last night, first words out of the mouth of the reporter were about this public suicide. Nothing about the convention, just about this whack job and "shouldnt we try harder to prevent anyone with a compromised brain from firearms access?". The only regret I could muster in my mind is that it happened in public where kids could see it, otherwise it seems like Natural Selection just got a little help from the police, no loss there!

What made me a bit angry was when the NRA Pres failed to mention a single word about the 2A in the responses he gave to the idiot reporter. He also left out the mention of the need to put armed security in public schools. He did say the NICs system was ineffective and inaccurate and his belief was that fixing it was the best place to begin.

Honestly, I think the NRA needs new leadership to lead the new memberships and reignite the fury of the old ones! He sounded like a Republicrat Bipart to me; we need Patton leading the charge not Powell discussing compromise FOOG! The reason we wont accept anti gun laws is they are unconstitutional period!!!!!!!

Why wouldnt he say that???? His type of highly sculpted presentation is the kind of spineless leadership that got us BHO, Nancy, Hillary and Harry. Anytime a Liberal mandates change, they quote the Constitution and Bill of Rights as the basis and stick by their guns to the end. Why dont we do the same thing; the BOR's are on our side?

Those that want these new laws for all of us admit they had no use for the 2A to begin with so obviously they will lose absolutely nothing if we dont win our rights back. They dont have a horse in this race but they do want ours corralled and neutered For Our Own Good!
Old 05-04-2013, 03:34 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7018 Times on 3886 Posts
Likes Given: 6756

W.F. you may not like the NRA's methods, but you can't argue with their results.

I've been hearing that "they" are coming to take my guns since I was a pre-teen in the fifties.

I'm now 69 YO, and "they" haven't taken a single one.

THANK YOU NRA