Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Suicide by AR at GB Airport- Houston

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2013, 07:10 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 849 Times on 519 Posts
Likes Given: 334

Default Suicide by AR at GB Airport- Houston

Just saw a news flash about a suicide by AR in security line at Bush Int. Airport. Can't find anything to link too, though. Never heard of such and why a rifle?

If It Were Easy, They Would Not Call It Work, And Everyone Would Do It

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-02-2013, 08:28 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

An AR is an odd choice for suicide. Maybe that's all they had. Why on Earth do some people feel the need to kill themsleves in public?

Old 05-02-2013, 09:21 PM   #3
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1778 Times on 1014 Posts
Likes Given: 3562

Glenn Beck was saying his sources in the HPD that the man was out of town, stayed at local hotel and intentions was to kill others, instead he shoots the AR in the air, changed mind and air marshal shoots the suspect. They say the suspect turned a pistol on himself. Let's see what comes out of this!

Interesting this happens in the Houston Airport and in the same city where the NRA is having their annual convention.

More details and who was the male suspect?

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2013/05/02/man-shoots-himself-inside-bush-international-airport/

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/02/us/texas-houston-airport-shooting/?hpt=hp_t2

CNN affiliate KHOU reported the man walked into the terminal with a military-style, semiautomatic rifle and fired two shots into the ceiling.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/05/02/houston-airport-shots-idUSL2N0DJ20I20130502

Last edited by Bigcountry02; 05-02-2013 at 09:25 PM.

Old 05-02-2013, 09:28 PM   #4
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

How do you walk into a massive airport with an AR-15 that is not encased without getting noticed? Was the AR-15 encased and opened in the check-in area.

Comment says all:

Quote:
BTW how do you walk into George Bush International airport with a AR under your arm and actually make it through the door without so much as a curbside baggage handler getting on his radio and mentioning it?
Would not be surprised that this is a left wing wacko nut!
Old 05-02-2013, 09:30 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5207 Times on 2969 Posts
Likes Given: 4442

WOW!!! Just think how much less dangerous he would have been if he had been armed with a double barrel shotgun. (A Joe Biden special)

Golda Meier.
WebleyFosbery38 Likes This 
Old 05-02-2013, 09:33 PM   #6

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

"Suicide by cop"?

Old 05-02-2013, 09:33 PM   #7

Liked 54 Times on 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruggieTex
Just saw a news flash about a suicide by AR in security line at Bush Int. Airport. Can't find anything to link too, though. Never heard of such and why a rifle?
Suicide by handgun but shot ar15 twice before being shot then shot himself with the handgun.

Old 05-02-2013, 09:38 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 534 Times on 326 Posts
Likes Given: 213

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
An AR is an odd choice for suicide. Maybe that's all they had. Why on Earth do some people feel the need to kill themsleves in public?
With most of these cases, I wouldn't be surprised if it was somebody who felt like they had nothing else to lose, their life was "over", or they felt like they "lost everything".

It is sad but in my opinion, this is what happens when a country/generation loses their faith in God and the morals/values/ethics for which He insists we live by.

Just my thinking, but if people had something bigger than themselves to live for, we would see a lot less of these sort of events.

Practice doesn't make perfect, it make permanent.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

People Like This 
Old 05-02-2013, 09:45 PM   #9
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2237 Times on 1121 Posts
Likes Given: 1146

HokaLouis,

I think you are absolutely right. Another "mentally ill" or deranged individual wanting to make a statement of some sort. But thank God he took no one with him. Since no one else was harmed I can say I will be interested in how this comes out! As one of the guys said he must have had it in a case. And even then it seems someone would have been intelligent enough to have it checked out prior!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

People Like This 
Old 05-03-2013, 07:01 PM   #10
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Update on the shooter!

What Did the Houston Airport Gunman’s Suicide Note Say?

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/05/02/gunman-in-houston-airport-shooting-identified-and-he-left-a-suicide-note/

Quote:
Police have identified the gunman in the Houston airport shooting from Thursday afternoon that left the shooter dead and a terminal on lockdown.

On Thursday The Blaze had learned from sources that the person had intended to “take out the entire terminal.” That was confirmed by KHOU-TV late Thursday night, which reported that the man — 29-year-old Carnell Moore of Beaumont — had left a suicide note saying he “had a bigger plan, but decided to show mercy on others.”

That note also said he had a “monster within” and he wanted police to take care of it.

From the report:

Moore posted two cryptic messages on his Facebook wall Wednesday: “This Life Will Crash Tomorrow!” and “I recently had the chance of staring death in the face, and she was beautiful.”

Moore had been staying in a Houston hotel the last few days. He would have turned 30 this month.

Citing the Houston Police Department, KHOU said the law enforcement officer that fired on Moore was a Homeland Security special agent that “fired at the gunman at the same time that Moore shot himself in the head.”