Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Suicide???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2010, 12:59 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Sorry Lon that's a real bitch. I had a guy eat a bullet at the gun range last year while I was working and I know it took me awhile to get right with it. I can't start to imagine what you and your family are going through. I'm adding your family to my prayers tonight.

The only thing you can do for that boy is love him even a little harder and try not to dwell on what happened in front of him. Someday when he is old enough to handle such selfish acts he will understand, but until then, remember he is only a child.

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Old 02-16-2010, 09:58 PM   #22

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgodd View Post
Thanks to all the responses. Me and my son are close and talk about things that are bothering him all the time. We talked about the issue last night. HE was definetly confused. Suicide I fully do not understand myself. I reasured him that he could come to me about any problems. He does not really discuss his mother or anything to do with her with me. We talked for quit awhike and I thinkhe understands alittle better. I really hate that my 6 year old knows that suicide is even an option. His mother is a bone head to believe a therapist. I wanted the name of the therapist but she would not give it to me. Since me and my son have talked he has acted alittle different. Like he is at ease. Calmer! I really thank you all for your responses.
Thank You
Thomas
thomas,

Glad to hear that you had a chat with your son and it appears that it has helped him. I was in law enforcement for over 30 years and things like a sudden, unexpected death will stay with a person for a long time before the pain begins to ease. Keep the closeness and the communication with your son going and in time he'll be back to his self again. Keep us posted.

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 02-18-2010, 11:44 PM   #23

Liked 370 Times on 263 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
thomas,

Glad to hear that you had a chat with your son and it appears that it has helped him. I was in law enforcement for over 30 years and things like a sudden, unexpected death will stay with a person for a long time before the pain begins to ease. Keep the closeness and the communication with your son going and in time he'll be back to his self again. Keep us posted.
Thanks for the Support and Prayers from all of you and God Bless all of you!

Old 02-19-2010, 12:07 AM   #24

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 5

This topic came up just a couple hours ago, as a friend's aunt with cancer decided that blowing her brains all over the garage was preferable to sitting down with her loved ones and telling them that she loved them before OD'ing in a nice, peaceful setting. Her son which found her had to go "downtown" and be grilled immediately as a potential suspect after his Mom popped the top.
Suicide is a personal choice. Phucking up the lives of your loved ones by doing it in a grotesque fashion is just plain rude.
There are no competent child therapists. Kids have no bond with strangers. Real help will come from close family, and it has to be a concerted effort.

"Guns don't kill people. Male Kennedy's kill people."