Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Stupid people at stores talikng guns.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2009, 09:48 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Default Stupid people at stores talikng guns.

Ok I am walmart checking ammo supplies. Two guys are standing there and one is explaining this "new super deadly round where the bullet tip is flat". The one guys says these are flat. Open the box man lets see. No thats not them they are flat with the case thing. I say that is called a wadcutter and is used in revolver comps they are designed to cut nice clean holes in the targets so the scoring is easier. No man no these are so deadly that normal people are not supposed to have. I got some from a buddy of mine who is SWAT. I said no they are not SD rounds they are target rounds. The guy starts to get mad so I shut up and leave.

Good god man I just gave you some very good information and you turn around and make an ass hat out yourself.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-24-2009, 09:52 PM   #2

Liked 2056 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

People believe a lot of rumors

Old 07-24-2009, 10:01 PM   #3

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

During the recent Somali pirate takedown, a wad cutter round was used to shatter the windshield of the skiff a split second prior to the 3 non-wad cutter rounds met their intentioned.

Next time, just smile at them and look them dead in the eye and wait. The first to speak loses.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 07-24-2009, 10:12 PM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Should have informed him about barrel shrouds and heatseeking rounds.

"my buddy who is swat....sheesh...." tards are abundant!!

Old 07-24-2009, 11:55 PM   #5

That reminds me of this guy I saw in the gun shop where I got my shotgun. He was pretty sure he could put .223 ammo in his .22LR because the numbers were almost the same.

Old 07-25-2009, 12:11 AM   #6

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Ok I am walmart checking ammo supplies. Two guys are standing there and one is explaining this "new super deadly round where the bullet tip is flat". The one guys says these are flat. Open the box man lets see. No thats not them they are flat with the case thing. I say that is called a wadcutter and is used in revolver comps they are designed to cut nice clean holes in the targets so the scoring is easier. No man no these are so deadly that normal people are not supposed to have. I got some from a buddy of mine who is SWAT. I said no they are not SD rounds they are target rounds. The guy starts to get mad so I shut up and leave.

Good god man I just gave you some very good information and you turn around and make an ass hat out yourself.
Oh Nooooooo......I have some flat ones with the case thingy......you mean they are "super deadly".........holy crap.....

"magbum"

Old 07-25-2009, 12:17 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 11 Times on 5 Posts

Is that one of those new "Frisbee Bullets" I"ve heard about ...LOL

Old 07-25-2009, 12:44 AM   #8

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

I don't believe I'm about to say this, but first time gunbuyers should have to watch a video before a purchase is allowed.

Old 07-25-2009, 12:53 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

We live in an information overloaded world. Unfortunately so much of it is garbage. It's easy to become confused, but it's also easily rectifiable by doing some research and exhibiting a modicum of common sense.

That said, where can I purchase some super velocity, flat, cone thing, swat frisbee ammo?

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 07-25-2009, 12:54 AM   #10

Default Stupid is as stupid does

These are the people that manufacturing company's have nightmares about. Why do you thing the manufactures have to put things like, do not look directly into the laser, razor is sharp, for external use only and such. Some people should not be allowed to breed.