Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Stupid people at stores talikng guns. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/stupid-people-stores-talikng-guns-16108/)

cpttango30 07-24-2009 09:48 PM

Stupid people at stores talikng guns.

Ok I am walmart checking ammo supplies. Two guys are standing there and one is explaining this "new super deadly round where the bullet tip is flat". The one guys says these are flat. Open the box man lets see. No thats not them they are flat with the case thing. I say that is called a wadcutter and is used in revolver comps they are designed to cut nice clean holes in the targets so the scoring is easier. No man no these are so deadly that normal people are not supposed to have. I got some from a buddy of mine who is SWAT. I said no they are not SD rounds they are target rounds. The guy starts to get mad so I shut up and leave.

Good god man I just gave you some very good information and you turn around and make an ass hat out yourself.

opaww 07-24-2009 09:52 PM

People believe a lot of rumors

skullcrusher 07-24-2009 10:01 PM

During the recent Somali pirate takedown, a wad cutter round was used to shatter the windshield of the skiff a split second prior to the 3 non-wad cutter rounds met their intentioned.

Next time, just smile at them and look them dead in the eye and wait. The first to speak loses. :D

Gojubrian 07-24-2009 10:12 PM

Should have informed him about barrel shrouds and heatseeking rounds.

"my buddy who is swat....sheesh...." tards are abundant!! :D

Hey-you-guys 07-24-2009 11:55 PM

That reminds me of this guy I saw in the gun shop where I got my shotgun. He was pretty sure he could put .223 ammo in his .22LR because the numbers were almost the same.

OC357 07-25-2009 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpttango30 (Post 133949)
Ok I am walmart checking ammo supplies. Two guys are standing there and one is explaining this "new super deadly round where the bullet tip is flat". The one guys says these are flat. Open the box man lets see. No thats not them they are flat with the case thing. I say that is called a wadcutter and is used in revolver comps they are designed to cut nice clean holes in the targets so the scoring is easier. No man no these are so deadly that normal people are not supposed to have. I got some from a buddy of mine who is SWAT. I said no they are not SD rounds they are target rounds. The guy starts to get mad so I shut up and leave.

Good god man I just gave you some very good information and you turn around and make an ass hat out yourself.

Oh Nooooooo......I have some flat ones with the case thingy......you mean they are "super deadly".........holy crap.....:D

County Boy 07-25-2009 12:17 AM

Is that one of those new "Frisbee Bullets" I"ve heard about ...LOL

Benning Boy 07-25-2009 12:44 AM

I don't believe I'm about to say this, but first time gunbuyers should have to watch a video before a purchase is allowed.

CA357 07-25-2009 12:53 AM

We live in an information overloaded world. Unfortunately so much of it is garbage. It's easy to become confused, but it's also easily rectifiable by doing some research and exhibiting a modicum of common sense.

That said, where can I purchase some super velocity, flat, cone thing, swat frisbee ammo?

Bigguns911 07-25-2009 12:54 AM

Stupid is as stupid does

These are the people that manufacturing company's have nightmares about. Why do you thing the manufactures have to put things like, do not look directly into the laser, razor is sharp, for external use only and such. Some people should not be allowed to breed.:D