Stupid crap we've all done - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Stupid crap we've all done

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2012, 06:36 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

That is rough. All I could offer as advice would be to be a better dad than your father was.
I personally feel that I have already become that man. I have a home, a good job, good woman and beautiful child that i care for more then anything else in the world. Hence my comment of "twice the man". I done want to claim to be "successful" because I am far from... but in my own world, I am.

Si vis pacem, Para Bellum.
"If you want peace, Prepare for war"

Old 05-30-2012, 06:50 AM   #52

Liked 22 Times on 16 Posts

On my way back from the Gulf from Desert Storm/Shield while on an Aircraft Carrier working as a plane captain (at that time) on A-6Es my chief told me and some of my buddies to get rid of some tie down chains (chain aircrafts to the deck) since we had way too many. We had eight or so amo cans with 10-12 chains in each can. After a couple of cans tossing the chains over one at a time was taking too long. With my high IQ lol I came up with the idea of chucking the whole amo can chains in all over board. Well since a can holds 10-12 chains the least it weighs is 100lbs. Me and a buddy grab a handle and threw it over. Since this was around 0100-0200, no flight ops the flat top is nice and quiet some people milling about working on birds I didn't figure a 100lb object making that much noise. Well when the can hit the water it sure made one hell of a SPLASH!!! We all froze looked about on the flat top for we thought someone heard a very loud splash. Everyone milled about as if nothing happened. We all decided to get rid of the chains one by one and not throw cans over board. Just when we where going to continue the ship went into "Man over board". When my buddies and I checked in my chief pulled us off to the side and asked me if our actions had anything to do with the man over board. I told my chief ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies he left it at that.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:56 AM   #53

Liked 210 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1
Back in 1989 at the wise old age of 17 I determined that the alternator in my 79 Chevy Cheyanne 4x4 was bad so I picked up a rebuilt one and commenced to swap them out in my dads driveway. Pop strolls by and strongly urges me to disconnect the battery which I promptly blow off knowing that I'll be just fine as long as I don't allow my socket to touch anything metallic...easier said than done when your standing on the bumper of truck, leaning into the engine bay, and ratcheting on the back of an alternator.

I must have hit the air filter housing cause all I remember is a shower of blue sparks, flying backward, landing on the garage floor, and the old man standing over me shaking his head and muttering "you dumbass"!
I did that sorta... re attaching the alternator withe the positive feed dangling, cranked and it went down the racket handle, taking chunks out. Then when adjusting timing, one of the distributer-side boots came free under my palm, only got hit 5 or six times before I could "break free"
Was actually a... relaxing... feeling.

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 05-30-2012, 11:01 AM   #54

Likes Given: 2

in my short 23 yrs ive done my share of stupid activities..to name a few i guess
- i got caught doin 85-90mph on a 55mph passing a car(on solid lines),my 18 yr old mind thought.."ahhh i can lose this NYS trooper suburban " so i slowed to 65 or so ebrake slid onto a dirt road..proceded to punch it..i get to the other end n make my left turn onto the parallel road and attempted ducked into a church parking lot..well that didnt work as i soon had a big ass blue suv with lights flashing behind me telling me to "pull the fvck over,right now"..soo i stopped..cop only gave me the speeding that day and oddly complimented my driving a lil haha.
-Did 105-108mph the ENTIRE 12 mile stretch of double lane to work every day at 3-3:30pm..never got caught thank god
-back mouthed and fought a police officer at 17 when he slapped cuffs on me and nearly hauled me to city jail after i told him to "Fvck off",not the smartest move i admit,but it was after he told me i had to go home cuz my bmx bike didnt have lights,reflectors etc on it and we argured that bmx bikes were excempt as they were,he said no...didnt end up in jail but a very frustrated cop let me go after i told him id be contacting my lawyer the asap for excessive use of force...was after that that they started giving me sh!t in my car n pulling me over but they never did it in a way i could get them for harassment.
..huh alot of my stupid stuff involves cops...no offense to LEO's here i respect you entirely but some dept.s and officers make you all look bad.
-non cop related-
-this was partially me,more my dad..when younger we would go to the local state park on our boat well my uncle had a potato gun n we were shootinh it out into the bay....welll one shot nearly landed on the deck of a sheriff patrol boat that had just come out of a cove..we hid that gun quick n acted innocent haha..

S&W sigma 9mm
Savage arms .22 long rifle,w/ scope(had since 14)
you can take my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers..┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Attempting to give a f*ck: ███████████████████] 99% Complete... ERROR!: Unable to give a f*ck.
"Im gonna be that guy that has the room full of guns/knifes and enough ammo to out last the oncoming zombie apocalypse :D"-ME

Old 05-30-2012, 12:01 PM   #55

Liked 245 Times on 180 Posts

My son is quite the dare devil, he even liked to film his adventures. One day he comes into the living room says watch this dad. Pops in a tape and shows my some of it. Some was quite dangerous and some just plain stupid. After I watch I start my lecturing, he says Dad I bet you did stuff when you were younger. I said yes I did but never was I dumb enough to tape it and show it to my Dad.

I still haven't told him of the time while I was driving a little over 100 mph, I had my buddy change positions with me and climbed out of my car window into my other friends car changing positions with him to take the wheel. Talk about stupid!

Old 05-30-2012, 02:23 PM   #56

Liked 648 Times on 425 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

I'm lucky I lived past 5

Dad wouldn't take me to town with him,somehow I got the bright idea to rummage through his hardware and came up with a hand full of roofing nails,yep he had 4 flats lol

Dad got me shooting my BB gun at 4 or 5 and didn't lock any of the guns up back then??? Yep me and the little neighbor boy shot out a few storm windows

The plum tree in the front yard made the best slingshot ammo Yep Mom and Dad got a call about shooting the neighbors window with plums lol

For some reason they wouldn't give me a erector set??? So I would go down in the basement find all this electrical stuff door bell,chimes,light bulbs,and whatever else that looked electrical and wire it up on a piece of plywood and plug it in hahaha,not sure how many times I was shaking from the current or blew a fuse,man i'm surprised I made it past 5

Last edited by MOshooter; 05-30-2012 at 03:12 PM.

Old 05-30-2012, 02:35 PM   #57
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2337 Times on 1258 Posts
Likes Given: 843

Back in college... I was impressing three of my friends in a Cessna 177 with a night flight over Iowa City. I was coming back into the airport and was too high. Exercised a go around at about 25' AGL half way down the run-way with trees off the end. Threw the power to it, and reached over and pulled all the flaps. The sinking feeling in my stomach was not my dinner.

It was one of those moments where the thought races through your head "I HOPE I wasn't just so stupid that I don't get a second chance at this one."

Most of you probably don't get it. Another pilot familiar with that aircraft and the conditions would have slapped me hard and kicked me till I cried uncle.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 05-30-2012, 03:08 PM   #58

Liked 210 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA
Back in college... I was impressing three of my friends in a Cessna 177 with a night flight over Iowa City. I was coming back into the airport and was too high. Exercised a go around at about 25' AGL half way down the run-way with trees off the end. Threw the power to it, and reached over and pulled all the flaps. The sinking feeling in my stomach was not my dinner.

It was one of those moments where the thought races through your head "I HOPE I wasn't just so stupid that I don't get a second chance at this one."

Most of you probably don't get it. Another pilot familiar with that aircraft and the conditions would have slapped me hard and kicked me till I cried uncle.
Not familiar with the aircraft but im going to guess when you pulled flaps you raised and not drooped them.

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 05-30-2012, 03:49 PM   #59
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2337 Times on 1258 Posts
Likes Given: 843

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagj17 View Post
Not familiar with the aircraft but im going to guess when you pulled flaps you raised and not drooped them.
Yep. Aren't too many feelings worse than a sinking airplane not knowing when it will stop and not knowing how much room you have underneath you.

Ok... there is a worse a worse feeling. A sinking airplane not knowing when it will stop; not knowing how much room there is before things go bang; and having three people on board that you wondering if you just got them killed.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Last edited by ScottA; 05-30-2012 at 03:51 PM.

Old 05-30-2012, 04:14 PM   #60

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA

Did the stall warning buzzer go off?

NEVER FORGET