Stupid crap we've all done - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Stupid crap we've all done

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2012, 07:17 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Well one night when i was in high school a few friends and I were camping out at our schools baseball field. At around 2 we got bored so we decided to try out the invisible rope trick(two guys stand on either side of a road and when a car comes they pretend to be pulling on a rope. The desired effect if the driver of the car slams on the breaks. It's pretty hilarious). We figured that crown Vicks didn't have fog lights so if a car came buy without any we would stop. Well we got a few cars to slam on the breaks but nothing too spectacular. We decided to do it one more time, when the car came around the corner it sure enough had fog lights so we yanked as hard as we could on our invisible rope. Well the car slammed on its breaks and we started laughing at a job well done until the blue lights came on and the Sheriff pulled a 180. We ran but it was futile. Later we discovered it was a brand new charger the state had just bought and those did have fog lights haha. Good times

Old 05-28-2012, 12:49 PM   #32

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Kandahar Air field: summer 2004
My whole squad was hanging out with some civilian contractors who were allowed to have alcohol in-country. We all got a little tanked, and didn't feel like walking the nearly mile and a half back to our tents, so... My squad leader says hey, guys, let's just take this little bus...
We got lost because we were all hammered. Riding around, we did find this very large straight road, so we decided to follow it. There were blue lighted hummers in the rearview that suddenly peeled off. That was when a C17 just damn near landed right on top of us....

Old 05-29-2012, 01:56 AM   #33

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I got asked one time to scrape the eyes off some colored fishing jigs. So I got an old steak knife and scraped the eyeballs off about 20 of them before I said, Why am I scraping the eyes off these things? Wouldn't a fish not really pay much attention to whether or not it has eyes? I guess they meant the eye where the fishing line strings through. Duh......

Old 05-29-2012, 04:35 AM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1819 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Too many to mention....

Old 05-29-2012, 05:45 AM   #35

Liked 2816 Times on 1830 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl
Too many to mention....
Then mention the stupidest. :-D or the funniest

Old 05-29-2012, 06:05 AM   #36

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 9

One off the top of my head, when I used to work at Long John Silvers with my buddy (he was an Asst Manager) back in the 90's, when we opened we used to make the hush puppies and get them ready. Then leave 10-15 in the fryer all day to become rock hard. Then at the end of the day after the doors were locked, we used to run around the restaurant chucking these rock solid hush puppies at each other until we couldn't take it anymore or we wanted to leave. Well one day I came flying out from the kitchen into the lobby and chucked one at my friend, he ducked and I smashed a window pane on the front of the building. Luckily our manager wasn't from America (it sounds bad, but he wasn't the brightest crayon in the box...neither were we though), so we told him we didn't know what happened and told him we already checked the surveillance tapes for any clues. We still get a good yuk out of it when we talk about it.

Old 05-29-2012, 06:29 AM   #37

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

I got in my patrol unit a couple of weeks ago and hit the highway, drove about 2 hours, saw a guy speeding, pulled him over, walked up towards his car, and realized my pistol was missing the magazine.
I let him go and put in another magazine from my gun belt. I had one round in my chamber. Haha

I had accidentally dropped the magazine while holstering my pistol at home, 2 hrs away.

That won't ever happen again!

Old 05-29-2012, 08:36 PM   #38
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 19 Times on 11 Posts

As a dumb, young Ensign with three weeks experience on board my first carrier, one night between flight ops and assigned Avionics D.O., a Senior Chief told me to take 3 AT's to the flight deck to swap a UHF radio on a Crusader. I asked the Chief to have the bird moved to the hangar deck. He just smirked and said just do it "Sir"! Ain't no big deal.

We carried a couple of ladders and the radio (nick named a biscuit as it was shaped just like a very larger biscuit and weighed 75 or so pounds) to the F8J. Like most planes on the flight deck, it's tail and port wing tip were over water about a hundred feet below. The radio is located top and aft of the cockpit. I climbed up and straddled the canopy while the Tweets pulled out the bad radio and manhandled it to the deck. Then they climbed the ladders struggling with the "beast". Did I mention that the wind was blowing about 40 knots? We'll to make a long story a bit shorter, as they balanced the biscuit on top of the fuselage, the wind caught it and rolled it down the wing, over the side and into the Pacific. Probably a $10,000 piece of gear.

Well, I had to go before the man and take my lumps. He just called me a dumb s**t Ensign and dismissed me. It didn't go into my jacket but the incident followed me for several years.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:52 PM   #39

Liked 5012 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Back in 1989 at the wise old age of 17 I determined that the alternator in my 79 Chevy Cheyanne 4x4 was bad so I picked up a rebuilt one and commenced to swap them out in my dads driveway. Pop strolls by and strongly urges me to disconnect the battery which I promptly blow off knowing that I'll be just fine as long as I don't allow my socket to touch anything metallic...easier said than done when your standing on the bumper of truck, leaning into the engine bay, and ratcheting on the back of an alternator.

I must have hit the air filter housing cause all I remember is a shower of blue sparks, flying backward, landing on the garage floor, and the old man standing over me shaking his head and muttering "you dumbass"!

Last edited by Tackleberry1; 05-29-2012 at 08:54 PM.

Old 05-30-2012, 01:22 AM   #40
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1325 Times on 786 Posts
Likes Given: 247

Funny, I just had this discussion with my early adult daughter yesterday when we were reviewing all the stupid things she did. Surprisingly, I've never done anything stupid... or so I said

although in terms of guns, the LEO in AA that stored his gun in the oven while on vacation and came home and started the oven to heat up a pizza has to be somewhat near the top.