Stupid crap we've all done - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Stupid crap we've all done

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2012, 05:22 AM   #21
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8839 Times on 5115 Posts
Likes Given: 11538

I do this all the freaking time. When my wife asks me a question, I answer it. When am I going to learn that this is stupid? I need to wait until I know what she wants me to say. Was it Einstein who said that insanity is doing the same thing over and over but expecting a different result? That's me. Insane.

Old 05-28-2012, 05:47 AM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Gave my girlfriend my dads truck keys, which i use, since she wants to learn manual gears...she backed up into a tree...this was the last week of college. I had to pay for it.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" - Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-28-2012, 05:57 AM   #23

Flamming mud balls when i was young

Old 05-28-2012, 06:19 AM   #24

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Lol omg this thread has made me laugh to the point of almost wetting my pants, you guys are awesome

The only real story I have is back when I was 12 and my family and I were in Germany (I'm an army brat). Me and my lifelong buddy were by a bus stop tryin to see if who could spit the farthest and then one of us came up with the bright idea to see if we could hit a moving target (in our case moving cars) so my buddy goes first and misses a nice BMW and then all of the sudden a gorgeous red Ferrari is coming up and my friend says "your turn" so I figured since he missed maybe I will, so as the car passes I spit a nasty loogy, and then 5 seconds later we hear the car spinning it's tires from flipping a b**** and so we ran our chubby little butts off and hid in town, needless to say I'm glad I was in shape back then

Old 05-28-2012, 06:58 AM   #25

Liked 69 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 37

My first car was a 1994 Ford Aspire. It had manual transmission.

Before I ever got my license I used to go out and sit in the car.
One day when no one was home I found the key and went out to start the car...I wasn't planning on driving it. Just wanted to start it.(keep in mind I knew nothing about manual transmission at the time)
I finally got it started and I'm revving the engine a little...decided that I had enough and let off the gas and the clutch(I was still holding in the clutch from when I finally figured out how to start it).

Well, it turns out the car was in gear and had enough gas from me revving it to jump forward before stalling out....it hit the corner of my garage knocking it off the foundation. Came about 8 inches away from my step dads new truck.

My parents came home and Mom was pissed. Step dad laughed...once he found out his truck was ok.

He ended up getting the corner back on the foundation...the only thing that actually broke was the guide rail for the garage door.

Everybody needs a little Devastation!

skipme56 Likes This 
Old 05-28-2012, 07:17 AM   #26

Jordan, you made me think of another one of mine. When I was maybe 12 or 13 I was on the school bus after school one day and the driver stepped off and went to the office for some reason. The bus was loaded with all of us kids and we were waiting quite awhile when I noticed that the keys were in the ignition. After a little discussion (mainly me asking the rest of the kids if they wanted to get going home) I jumped in the driver's seat, started it up and headed on down the road. Well, the principal and the bus driver saw the bus headed out of the parking lot and they caught up to us at the first stop where the driver took my place.

Funny thing was that my parents never found out, nor did anyone else as far as I know. It seems that while I would have been in a little bit of trouble over it (probably kidnapping as well as grand theft auto) the bus driver would have been in even more trouble and probably the principal too for leaving the bus full of kids with the keys in the ignition. Everything was put on the hush-hush and nothing ever happened of it except that I was probably watched a little more closely than before (not that it did any good or kept me from getting in trouble).

Old 05-28-2012, 07:20 AM   #27

Liked 69 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Jordan, you made me think of another one of mine. When I was maybe 12 or 13 I was on the school bus after school one day and the driver stepped off and went to the office for some reason. The bus was loaded with all of us kids and we were waiting quite awhile when I noticed that the keys were in the ignition. After a little discussion (mainly me asking the rest of the kids if they wanted to get going home) I jumped in the driver's seat, started it up and headed on down the road. Well, the principal and the bus driver saw the bus headed out of the parking lot and they caught up to us at the first stop where the driver took my place.

Funny thing was that my parents never found out, nor did anyone else as far as I know. It seems that while I would have been in a little bit of trouble over it (probably kidnapping as well as grand theft auto) the bus driver would have been in even more trouble and probably the principal too for leaving the bus full of kids with the keys in the ignition. Everything was put on the hush-hush and nothing ever happened of it except that I was probably watched a little more closely than before (not that it did any good or kept me from getting in trouble).
Haha, that is hilarious. I was never much of a trouble maker as a kid...but when I did start trouble it was usually pretty bad.

Everybody needs a little Devastation!

Old 05-28-2012, 07:24 AM   #28

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan89

Haha, that is hilarious. I was never much of a trouble maker as a kid...but when I did start trouble it was usually pretty bad.
Dont worry bro lets just say I'm lucky the stuff I did as a kid didn't show up on my background check or I wouldn't have been accept into the police academy :P

Old 05-28-2012, 07:42 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonymartinez138 View Post
Dont worry bro lets just say I'm lucky the stuff I did as a kid didn't show up on my background check or I wouldn't have been accept into the police academy :P
I'm not so fortunate. I applied for a job with the 2010 Census and when they did the background check I was rejected because I had 2 arrests when I was 18 (nearly 30 years ago). One was for vandalism when a couple of my friends jumped in my car and I drove off. Turns out they had just busted out the porch lights on a grumpy neighbor and grumpy took down my plate number. I had no idea what they had done and I was found innocent. The friends were found guilty and had to pay restitution, etc..
The other was from when I was approached by a cop at 2:00 AM or thereabouts as I was walking on the sidewalk, the cop started questioning me and as I had not done anything wrong and I was not drunk or high or anything I got pissed off at him and started yelling. He wrote me up for disturbing the peace which somehow turned into an arrest. I was again found innocent of all charges.

After getting rejected by the Census for my "arrest record" I got my FBI file and that is how I found out about it. Pisses me off that I got screwed out of a job for some teenage hi-jinks but I made it into a lesson for my sons. An arrest never goes away, even if you are innocent or even wrongly arrested.

Old 05-28-2012, 07:43 AM   #30

Liked 184 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 185

When I was in high school I my cousin let me drive his F150 on his property and we got the amazing idea to tie an old truck hood to the hitch and go flying through his back field. By the end of the day I had bruised ribs and a sprained leg, and brused my cousin got off better then I did. Stupid but fun as hell!

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED