Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Stupid Children AGAIN

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2013, 02:22 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1073 Times on 694 Posts
Likes Given: 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
Parents always favor the most irresponsible child.
We always had an understanding in my family that the person that gets the most help is the one that needs it the most. One or two family members confuse that with favoritism but it's not. I rarely need anything and I don't want anything from anyone in my family because there are other family members that could really use whatever help they can get. I truly get that family members offering things to others in the family and not me is in no way favoritism, and I'm really glad they're able to help other family members.

I think all that applies to the most irresponsible child? That's the child that always needs the most and it often appears to be favoritism - even if it is their own fault that they keep ending up in a position to where they need help.
Old 10-13-2013, 02:44 PM   #12
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5652 Times on 2796 Posts
Likes Given: 6007

My Daughters are like Ying and Yang, cant tell they are related. They both were reared well, had pretty solid guidance from Mom and I and knew right from wrong from the very beginning. The older one (37) got it, The 32 YO probably never will. Up until a couple years ago, we were the bank of England to her, bought her out of way too many phuck ups. Shes got 3 kids by the same lazy POS father and they live a POS life together 24/7. We still do lots for the gandkids but not a dime goes to daughter, its on her now, the bank is closed!

Its sad to know the ones you love fail to return that with respect and honor in their lives but they are taught in school to have fun and accept whatever they can get for nothing, its easier than working for a living! Dont sweat it just get out from under it ASAP, good luck and Gods Speed!

Old 10-13-2013, 06:58 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 763 Times on 468 Posts
Likes Given: 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
Parents always favor the most irresponsible child.
Funny story. I was talking to somebody on the phone one day about something that tied me to my parents. This person was personal friends of my parents. He finally asked who I was, and then said, "I never knew they had a son, all we ever heard about was their daughter". Wasn't sure if I should be happy or sad

Back to my idiot child. Apparently she went out and got absolutely totally hammered last night. Wife is going pay, but not sign the lease for her to get into an apartment, ASAP. It would all we need for her to have a huge blow out party and trash the house before it gets sold.

I also have a better understanding at the huge amount of money mom was fronting her. It was a significant amount Kind of came to a head when we spent a bunch of money over a couple of months on some unusual expenses. Wife said we needed to slow down, because we just emptied the petty cash account. I quickly added up in my head the numbers, and thought to myself, we didn't spend anymore than our paychecks, how did we...

House sale will net her approximately 6 months of apt rent, plus at least a couple of months of expenses. I'm guessing this will implode by next January, but she'll have a heated apartment to live in.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:59 PM   #14
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 916 Times on 546 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
My Daughters are like Ying and Yang, cant tell they are related. They both were reared well, had pretty solid guidance from Mom and I and knew right from wrong from the very beginning. The older one (37) got it, The 32 YO probably never will. Up until a couple years ago, we were the bank of England to her, bought her out of way too many phuck ups. Shes got 3 kids by the same lazy POS father and they live a POS life together 24/7. We still do lots for the gandkids but not a dime goes to daughter, its on her now, the bank is closed!

Its sad to know the ones you love fail to return that with respect and honor in their lives but they are taught in school to have fun and accept whatever they can get for nothing, its easier than working for a living! Dont sweat it just get out from under it ASAP, good luck and Gods Speed!
Similar to my brothers and I. I am the oldest 8 years private school then public high school because there was no chance I was going to college. I got good grades, but I hated school so badly that I still get claustrophobic going to parent teacher conferences for my daughter. I drive a truck for a living show up every day, work as much overtime as I can.

Middle brother 12 years private school then college then medical school. Worked his tail off to get there. Worked his way through college with part time jobs and grants. Now works 8-10 hours a day as doctor then a couple more doing the business part of the job, you small business guys know the drill on this.

Youngest brother 12 years private school, no college never held a job more than 6 months usually not 6 weeks. If he gets 3 paychecks in his pocket he thinks he doesn't need to work for a while. 2 winters ago he went onto mom and dads place while they were in Az. and stole most of dads farm equipment and scrapped it out. He is currently in prison for going after his girlfriends mom with a baseball bat.

All of us raised basically the same, the youngest is a lot younger than middle brother and I and was spoiled a little bit simply because mom and dad could afford more by the time he came along than they could when I was young.