Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Stupid Children AGAIN (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/stupid-children-again-98693/)

partdeux 10-13-2013 01:35 AM

Stupid Children AGAIN

Oldest has always been a struggle.

She started doing good, and we got sucked into helping her get into a house. Did it right and legal. We are the legal bank to her, she pays us on the registered mortgage. About 9 months into it, looking for her to apply to a bank, when she takes about three steps backward.

Through a strange twist of fate, found a buyer for the house. They're getting it cheap, she's paying us off and walking away with some spare change to help rent an apartment. After that, we're done.

I was sitting in the house today looking at the amount of work we put into the house to make it a really nice place, that was extremely affordable, safe, and a nice home.

Walked in an hour before the appt this morning, house was absolutely trashed, hungover people everywhere. Wife started rolling her fav song in her head, Elton John B! is back, and went to town. It was hilarious watching people jumping. They walked out at 5 minutes before the hour, probable new owners walked in shortly after, and we had a verbal deal an hour later. Need to wrap up a couple of minor details, have our attorney draft the agreement on Monday, and get her moved out.

MisterMcCool 10-13-2013 01:38 AM

Congratulations on surviving that fiasco.

c3shooter 10-13-2013 03:50 AM

Have a feeling a video of that would have done well on pay-per-view!

TLuker 10-13-2013 04:54 AM

Aren't kids grate! :rolleyes:

I've got to admit that I was a slacker as a teen and into my early 20's so I'm not casting any stones. My family was patient and really helped me out during that time and I will always be grateful for that. :)

partdeux 10-13-2013 01:23 PM

Neither my wife nor I were angels. HOWEVER, we always met our personal responsibilities.

We loaned her 48k for a house that was purchased for 39k. She walked into a fully furnished house that was extremely affordable. We took out a home equity loan on our fully paid off house to finance this for her. Charged her 5% interest. She had a working roommate. Literally, she could have had a fully paid off house in 5 years... but no, being stupid was a far better plan.

She has an alcohol problem that she doesn't recognize. When she was doing good, she had stopped drinking, but then started back up again. She's not working, getting into an apartment will be a struggle, but hopefully by prepaying several months, it will happen. She's absolutely not coming home, besides the fact I don't have room right now, we need some time away from her. I have to let her completely fail, and that's going to be hard.

bluez 10-13-2013 01:42 PM

I was a big slacker all the way into my 20's also but I never had an alcohol (or any other addiction) problem

Rick1967 10-13-2013 02:02 PM

I feel your pain. I have not financed anything expensive for any of my kids. But my 24 year old daughter and my almost 4 year old grandson are practically my dependents. It has gotten a little better over the last couple of months. I have told my wife to not let them go hungry of get thrown out of their apartment. But I am at a point where I don't want to know how much I am helping her anymore. She puts him in daycare when she is not working. But then she turns around and says that this is difficult because she never gets to see him???? She has been caught cheating the food stamp system and unemployment. She is a train wreck. She has been very mean and hateful to us in the past. But right now she knows she needs help so she is being nice...sort of. My wife is in denial. She doesn't realize that I would treat my mother better than Kassandra treats us even if I didn't need anything.

TLuker 10-13-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by partdeux (Post 1400240)
I have to let her completely fail, and that's going to be hard.

Sadly that's usually what it takes for kids to grow up. :confused:

Argyle_Armoring 10-13-2013 02:17 PM

Mom? Dad? Sounds like what my parents went through with my sister. I can only how tough it is for parents raising a child like my sister. Of course now my sister is 31 and still having the same problems.

MisterMcCool 10-13-2013 02:39 PM

Parents always favor the most irresponsible child. :rolleyes: