Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Stuff you remember from your "youth" you can only find on eBay or Amazon nowadays

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2014, 05:23 AM   #61
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 911 Times on 544 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
Yes! or at least sometime in the first half of the school season!
I can still hear the glass sloshing around in the milk!
Old 04-11-2014, 05:03 PM   #62
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 871 Times on 583 Posts
Likes Given: 1142

[QUOTE=Axxe55;1555636]i remember my father getting me a walkie talkie kit one time. had to solder different things together to put it together. that was where my father taught me how to solder electrical wiring and components.

i remember the hobby of doint models learned from my father. my father use to years ago biuld the fabric covered balsa wood models. the type where you had to fit and glue the wood parts together and they had glue on fabric covering. my brother and i would just sit for hours and watch Dad build those plains. he got us started on building plastic models. all three of us would be sometiimes working side by side in his work shop building our respective kits.[/QUOTE]

Those are the priceless memories for sure..... And I do remember those fit/glue/fabric models

Become steel or get cut.

Old 04-11-2014, 06:14 PM   #63
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I will post a pic later. Mom found a pack of smokes from my youth at her house, Chesterfield kings. It was with a poster asking my paper route customers to vote me in as "paperboy of the month"; I would've been 8 or 9 years old at the time. There was a caramel and fifteen cents inside the pack that was Scotch taped shut.

Funny enough, there is a picture of a stick man shooting what appears to be a bear with a pistol or a ray gun or something.

I LOL'd.

IIRC, I won a headphone set with a built in radio when my customers voted for me (remember the beach scene on Starsky & Hutch movie?).
Those paper routes were the bomb. I was making $100-$150 per month back then and bought my second bicycle myself ($160 red 10 speed). My parents made me file an income tax return and pay self-employment tax; it shows up on my annual social security benefits mailing.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

TLuker Likes This