Stuff you remember from your "youth" you can only find on eBay or Amazon nowadays - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Stuff you remember from your "youth" you can only find on eBay or Amazon nowadays

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2014, 11:12 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 649 Times on 426 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by donthav1 View Post
I remember, on multiple occasions, Monopoly causing epic fights no matter the age of the players.

UNO was also good for pissing off your loved ones when you threw down a "draw four"
I remember some knock down tantrums thrown over some Monopoly!! LOL

Old 04-10-2014, 11:39 PM   #52

Liked 649 Times on 426 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
IIRC, it was in the very early 1970's when i got mine. my brother got the Indian character and i got the Calvary character for Christmas one year.
I had my Johnny West in the late 60s to early 70s. I still have a few left from back then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLuker View Post
I still want to go play at his house! He's got all the cool toys I wanted and I'm a toys are us kid.

I don't want to grow up
I'm a toys are us kid
There's a million games and things at toys are us that I can play with
Haha TLuker, I bet donthav1 has some pretty cool Big boy toys these days!
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 04-11-2014, 01:54 AM   #53

Liked 62 Times on 42 Posts

Remember when cap guns were made outta metal? Now they're friggin' orange and cream colored plastic with bull barrels. When I was 8 or 9 I had a cap revolver based on a civil war era colt. It was a full frame revolver with a hexagonal barrel and a Confederate army charging rod. I loved that revolver. I'm going to check Amazon and see if I can find a picture.

Last edited by cva209x50; 04-11-2014 at 02:02 AM.
orangello Likes This 
Old 04-11-2014, 02:24 AM   #54
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 990 Times on 653 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

Who remembers building a crystal radio? I remember getting my kit mail order from radio shack ...

And S&H green Stamps! I'd spend hours helping my grams putting them in books then going to town to the Green Stamp store..

Become steel or get cut.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 04-11-2014, 05:00 AM   #55
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1423 Times on 842 Posts
Likes Given: 1

How about all metal Tonka trucks.

Dad built a cement block out building when we were kids. He would try to get 3or 4 courses of block laid on one corner every weeknight then do the walls between on Saturday. Dad was an accountant/auditor, he did not lay block fast. Especially since before he could mix mortar he had to dig all of our Tonka trucks and tractors out of the sand pile.

Someone mentioned the Six Million Dollar man, how about lunch boxes with thermos with your favorite tv characters on the lid.
People Like This 
Old 04-11-2014, 05:06 AM   #56
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22310 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4U View Post
How about all metal Tonka trucks.

Dad built a cement block out building when we were kids. He would try to get 3or 4 courses of block laid on one corner every weeknight then do the walls between on Saturday. Dad was an accountant/auditor, he did not lay block fast. Especially since before he could mix mortar he had to dig all of our Tonka trucks and tractors out of the sand pile.

Someone mentioned the Six Million Dollar man, how about lunch boxes with thermos with your favorite tv characters on the lid.
yes! the old metal Tonka Trucks and equipment! my brother and i had a whole bunch of them. those trucks and equipment were built like tanks.

i remember the start of school season, getting all your school supplies and having to pick out a cool lunchbox for the school year. and the lunchboxes were metal and the thermos was lined with glass.

Old 04-11-2014, 05:09 AM   #57

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

One thing I remember is my dad's folding fishing knife with the additional scaler blade; not many makers still putting those out anymore... had a heckuva time finding one recently to add to my collection. Case and a few others still make them.

Old 04-11-2014, 05:10 AM   #58
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1423 Times on 842 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
yes! the old metal Tonka Trucks and equipment! my brother and i had a whole bunch of them. those trucks and equipment were built like tanks.

i remember the start of school season, getting all your school supplies and having to pick out a cool lunchbox for the school year. and the lunchboxes were metal and the thermos was lined with glass.
And you always dropped and broke it the third week of school!!

Old 04-11-2014, 05:13 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Talon View Post
Who remembers building a crystal radio? I remember getting my kit mail order from radio shack ...

And S&H green Stamps! I'd spend hours helping my grams putting them in books then going to town to the Green Stamp store..
i remember my father getting me a walkie talkie kit one time. had to solder different things together to put it together. that was where my father taught me how to solder electrical wiring and components.

i remember the hobby of doint models learned from my father. my father use to years ago biuld the fabric covered balsa wood models. the type where you had to fit and glue the wood parts together and they had glue on fabric covering. my brother and i would just sit for hours and watch Dad build those plains. he got us started on building plastic models. all three of us would be sometiimes working side by side in his work shop building our respective kits.
Steel_Talon Likes This 
Old 04-11-2014, 05:14 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4U View Post
And you always dropped and broke it the third week of school!!
Yes! or at least sometime in the first half of the school season!