Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Stuff you like collecting (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/stuff-you-like-collecting-107313/)

cva209x50 05-25-2014 06:38 PM

Stuff you like collecting

What stuff do you guys collect or used to collect when you were younger?

I collect:

1.Small coca-cola stuff (bottles, signs, glasses, die cast cars, etc)

2. Airsoft guns (backyard grade, not pro grade)

3. Toy guns (you're never too old to like nerf guns)

4. Real guns (duh)

5. Spent brass I find at the range (I might melt some of them down and make brazing rods).

6. The old handheld electronic hunting and fishing games (I was born in 1998 so I was growing up during the second half of that "era").

They are fun hobbies ;)

Shoobee 05-25-2014 06:39 PM

I collect coins from foreign countries.

TLuker 05-25-2014 06:57 PM

I refuse to admit that I collect anything because there is such a fine line between collecting and hoarding. I do however keep a few old Coke and Pepsi bottle around that I have found. I have a few other various soda bottles as well like a C.C. Soda bottle from the 20's. The C.C. stands for Coka-Cola and that's one of the various names used on their flavored sodas like grape. And I generally only keep soda bottles that have my town's name embossed in them. I'll also keep a bottle if it has some sort of significance to it for example I found a small pint milk bottle where a CCC camp was in the 30's. The bottle was dated 1941 and that's the year the CCC ended, and WWII began. That was one of the last bottles to enter that camp and for me that makes it special because of the significance of that year and where it was found.

I also keep a few guns and guitars around, but again not a collection! :D

Axxe55 05-25-2014 07:02 PM

i use to collect trophy wives!:D

i now collect troll scalps!:p

eatmydust 05-25-2014 07:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I have collected at various times - old cameras, apothecary bottles (only those I find in the woods & old dumps), and decoys.

Axxe55 05-25-2014 07:15 PM

i am thinking about starting a collection of belly button lint!:o

Winchester94 05-25-2014 07:22 PM

Guns (particularly .22 target pistols and revolvers, lever action rifles, and milsurps), knives, coins from various countries, police/military paraphernalia (badges, patches, uniforms, hats, etc.), mining stickers (the ones that go on hard hats and dinner buckets), casings from most every different caliber I've ever shot, and random things owned by deceased family members.

NotMormon 05-25-2014 07:23 PM

I've been collecting ex wives and lawyers for quite a while.:o I don't suggest it unless you have a highly developed sense of humor.

eatmydust 05-25-2014 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axxe55 (Post 1581423)
i am thinking about starting a collection of belly button lint!:o

I actually saved up several samples a couple of years ago, boxed them up in a nice jewelry box & gave it to my wife for Christmas.

She asked me what it was & I told her that I had saved up to give it to her, then she figured it out, laughed & threw the box at me. She did get some nice real jewelry for Christmas that year, but I got one helluva laugh out of saving it up, wrapping it and giving to her!:D

Axxe55 05-25-2014 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eatmydust (Post 1581431)
I actually saved up several samples a couple of years ago, boxed them up in a nice jewelry box & gave it to my wife for Christmas.

She asked me what it was & I told her that I had saved up to give it to her, then she figured it out, laughed & threw the box at me. She did get some nice real jewelry for Christmas that year, but I got one helluva laugh out of saving it up, wrapping it and giving to her!:D

hmmmmm......gives me an idea as to what to get my wife for Christmas this year now. thanks EMD!:D