Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Stuff I Got at a Yard Sale? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/stuff-i-got-yard-sale-61028/)

Trez 03-25-2012 03:22 AM

Stuff I Got at a Yard Sale?

6 Attachment(s)
I got some stuff at a yard sale and have some questions, and thought someone could be of assistance... Mind helpin' me?

I got 3 boxes of ammo (well, 2.5 anyways)..
1 box of western .30-40 Krag, Just curious anybody know when this box is from? it looks pretty old to me... I have no plans of shooting it, I just got it to look "pretty" next to my 1895...

1.5 box of 1962 M72 .30-06 Match ammo, is this stuff collectible? Or should I just shoot it?

Leather Hunter shoulder holster, 55M, left handed- Tried to look it up on Hunters website and Ebay, but nothing came up... Looks like it would fit a semi-auto like a 1911, I put my S&W M59 in it, but the holster holds a longer gun...

WWI cleaning rod? Its marked R.H Long 11-18.. It looks like it could be military, but its for a .22?? :confused:

c3shooter 03-25-2012 03:28 AM

30-40 box looks like the 40s-50s vintage. Small collector's value for match ammo (keep day job- I said small) The US and British used .22 training rifles during WW 2- I own a couple.

texaswoodworker 03-25-2012 03:31 AM

I don't know anything about any of that, but let me be the first to say... YOU SUCK FOR BEING ABLE TO FIND COOL STUFF AT A YARD SALE. :p :D (there is never any cool stuff like that at the yard sales around here :()

Congrats on the finds, how much did they set you back?

Trez 03-25-2012 04:40 AM

But I dont have a day job C3..... :( Thanks for the info!

All of it was $40.. Theres only one store in town that carries .30-40 and they want $30+tax for a new box, so I dont think I did to bad... :)

I dont always find stuff this neat...

dragunovsks 03-25-2012 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texaswoodworker
I don't know anything about any of that, but let me be the first to say... YOU SUCK FOR BEING ABLE TO FIND COOL STUFF AT A YARD SALE. :p :D (there is never any cool stuff like that at the yard sales around here :()

Congrats on the finds, how much did they set you back?

I second that....the only thing ive ever found at a yard sale which i turned the truck around to go look at was a couple rifles and a couple shotguns.

They had a beat up and heavily used mossberg 500 that they were asking 400 bucks for. Of all four of the long guns, they were way overpriced junk.

Misfire 03-25-2012 01:13 PM

As I recall, I've managed to find anything gun related at exactly 1 yard sale. Same thing, a couple of clunky shotguns, in horrible condition, badly rusted, with the asking price of a new one.

Most yard sales around here are either kids stuff, or clothes.

hiwall 03-25-2012 01:50 PM

I just bought another old (pre-1900) revolver for $15. She needs grips and a couple of springs. So it should keep me busy for a couple days.