Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Students in school are told not to fight back

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2013, 08:38 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts

Truthfully, when I first heard about this, it made me sick. It's nonsensical, absurd, and cruel. No matter what age, everyone has the right to defend themselves against someone who is actively causing them bodily harm. End of story.

Old 04-03-2013, 09:10 AM   #52

Liked 287 Times on 193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake86 View Post
They're trying to pussify America. what's next? Ban contact sports and weight training?
No, sports are a big ingredient in the "kool-aid" being stirred up by the rulers. It is a very effective way to keep subjects distracted and unaware of what is really going on. Place the country in a trance staring at the boob tube .....as long as they have their Sportscenter and can talk about the latest "big game"..... That's less awareness of the actual state of affairs and the crooked agenda of our so called leaders.

Old 04-03-2013, 11:26 AM   #53

Liked 663 Times on 366 Posts
Likes Given: 1368

Originally Posted by NC1760
.... As they say in hockey "It's a penalty only if you get caught."

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks View Post
True, but we are talking about high schoolers here, nobody in high school can keep thier mouth shut.
..Say what?? He ran into a door!!... Several times... and then slipped on a bar of soap!!...
Wasn't there. Didn't do it.. That's my story.. stickin' to it!!
Old 04-03-2013, 02:34 PM   #54
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5138 Times on 2930 Posts
Likes Given: 4344

When my son started scvhool;, I taught him:

"If I find out you started a fight, you're in trouble.

If I find out you ran away from a fight, I'll blister your ass."

"Politics is the art of the possible" Otto von Bismarck.

People Like This 
Old 04-03-2013, 08:03 PM   #55
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 874 Times on 584 Posts
Likes Given: 1145

^ My father was of the same clothe.

He also was a proponent of taking it off of the school ground to a secluded place for battle. That was a good strategy for me growing up in the 50's and 60's.. However it's not one I've taught to my children.

I've always taught them that the second someone threatens with the "after school" comment they are to immediately take on the feud there and now..

The "after school" thing causes gross amounts of stress, is way to unpredictable, draws a large crowd of provocateurs, can lead to multiple assailants etc.etc. As crappy as it is, the school ground is the better place for this type of socializing .

Become steel or get cut.
locutus Likes This 
Old 04-07-2013, 03:37 PM   #56
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1155 Times on 566 Posts
Likes Given: 72

If you look at the libs now, they want to remove the ability for us to defend ourselves. "Call the police, these people are more afraid of you then you are then," and all that outher bull. Since the schools are bastions of liberalism, what do you expect.

I found in jr. high, when I was 5'9" and 100 lbs, the willingness to defend oneself often trumped the skill in doing so. The bullies then were like the school shooters now. Most didn't want a fight, most wanted to intimidate and do damage.

So I instructed my kids to defend themselves. They would never be in trouble with me for defending themselves. They would be in trouble if they were the bully.

I also found you have to confront the school. My son was a pretty good soccer player, who played on a travel team. His middle school gym teacher let the other kids run at him and just hack him during the soccer part of the class. He wound up with a broken arm. The next year I went to the principal and told him my son would not play, and would not be marked down for it. He, the Principal could bring the gym teacher (same guy as the year before) to a near by field that Sat morning and watch my son play. He could grade him off of that, but my son would not be participating in soccer in gym class that year. I won that one.

Had either of my kids been suspended for defending themselves, I would have been at the school, at the school board meetings, and been in company of an attorney. Kids defend themselves because the schools do not do a good enough job with the troublemakers. Those that say they cannot do that, also say the Police cannot be everywhere. Yet they still do not want us defending ourselves.

There needs to be a huge paradigm change in this country for us to get back on values of self worth, and self defense from that self worth. With the current administration, the inner city Democrats and the undocumented Democrats, I don't see that happening in my lifetime.

A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!

People Like This