Students in school are told not to fight back - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Students in school are told not to fight back

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2013, 01:19 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 648 Times on 425 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

Default Defend And Stand Up For Yourself

I'm sorry but I just don't agree with not defending ones self against attack or bullies,it's just how I was raised.
My Dad always taught me to be respectful,but not to allow myself to be bullied,he taught me that lesson when I was about 4-5 years old,a lesson I will never forget!!
There were three older boys in the neighborhood that filled up there squirt guns with soap and held me down squirting soap in my eyes,when I made it home and told him what happened,he went to the kitchen filled the Joy dish detergent container squirt bottle with some water to go along with the Joy soap and informed me that I would find each of the three boys and return the favor with Joy soap in the eyes lol
So he followed me in the family car while I found each boy taking them down to the ground and sharing the JOY with them!! lol
Never forgot that lesson and I can't stand Bullies,I have intervened with several bullies since then,cause that's what I was taught!!
Not to be a sheep.

Old 04-02-2013, 01:51 PM   #32

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

I graduated in 09. They never said don't fight back. But everyone involved was suspended. It was not out of the ordinary to go to the bathroom and sinks and urinals ripped off the wall. It is like Sparta in Theodore Alabama.

Old 04-02-2013, 02:05 PM   #33

Liked 176 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 165

My parents weren't too keen on me fighting but they raised me to look out for those who get picked on and bullied, that was one lesson that got through my thick skull. Luckily I never had to physically fight anyone, but I did on numerous occasions get in their faces till they backed off. Funny enough I was 5'10" and a whole 130 pounds if I didn't poop that day, the whole bullies are little babies inside theory seems to hold some water.

We must always fear evil men, but there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most... And that is the indifference of good men!

Old 04-02-2013, 02:22 PM   #34

Liked 696 Times on 381 Posts
Likes Given: 1453

Default Fight!! Fight!! Fight!!

My father never encouraged fighting... but knew sometimes trouble will find you and you must deal with it or it will come back to haunt you even if only inside your own mind. He would always ask "Did you start it.. Don't lie either.." I would always say "No sir. I ended it."... His reply was always "Enjoy your time off. Do your chores and don't fall behind in your schoolwork or there WILL be trouble."

I've only been in 3 non-refereed, unsanctioned fights in my life... One in Elementary school... one in Jr High... one in my sophomore year in High School. Notice the pattern?? Once you get in one good fight in a new environment... whether you win lose or draw... your rep is set and bullies move on to an easier target.

Oh yeah... and you can also call them on when they find that other target too. They'll usually back down knowing you'll drop fists.

Old 04-02-2013, 03:10 PM   #35

Liked 85 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Its all the truth. 2 weeks ago my 13yr old brother stood up for him self and another kid in class. My brother ened up with the worst of the attack but he got a couple of good hit in. After the fight the bully got in school and my brother got suspended for 2 weeks. I always told my brother not to start it but if the other guy hits you first u need to finish it. This wensday is the meeting with the school board and im goung to be going with my mom and 10 other mother and fathers to fight of our familys and there rights and safety.

you pew pew pew lately bro!?

Old 04-02-2013, 04:12 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by duddie10 View Post
Its all the truth. 2 weeks ago my 13yr old brother stood up for him self and another kid in class. My brother ened up with the worst of the attack but he got a couple of good hit in. After the fight the bully got in school and my brother got suspended for 2 weeks. I always told my brother not to start it but if the other guy hits you first u need to finish it. This wensday is the meeting with the school board and im goung to be going with my mom and 10 other mother and fathers to fight of our familys and there rights and safety.
Good for you. Kin should stick together, especially when you know you're in the right.... But keep it in perspective. Kids are gonna fight. It's just the natural order of things. As long as weapons or ganging up were not involved, it should all work out in the long run despite the judgment(s) of the school personnel (wimps)....
BTW... out of those 3 fights I got involved with, I'm still close friends with two of those guys.

Old 04-02-2013, 04:25 PM   #37

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

When i was in high school i went half day to trade school for building trades. The school is located in nearby floyd county indiana, we were told they have a zero tolerance policy towards fighting. In other words they will take you to jail for fighting, even if you were defending yourself. Its a crock of sh** in my opinion.

My kids are still too young to understand it yet but when they are old enough they'll be taught to defend themselves as i was. My parents like most didnt condone me starting fights (i never did) but i sure threw a couple punches in self defense.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Last edited by dragunovsks; 04-02-2013 at 04:34 PM.

Old 04-02-2013, 06:36 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks View Post
we were told they have a zero tolerance policy towards fighting. In other words they will take you to jail for fighting, even if you were defending yourself.
.... As they say in hockey "It's a penalty only if you get caught."

Old 04-02-2013, 06:56 PM   #39

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760

.... As they say in hockey "It's a penalty only if you get caught."
True, but we are talking about high schoolers here, nobody in high school can keep thier mouth shut.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 04-02-2013, 06:58 PM   #40

Liked 287 Times on 202 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks

True, but we are talking about high schoolers here, nobody in high school can keep thier mouth shut.
Hey hey now don't assume (9th grade)

Mamas don't let your cowboys grow up to be babies.
better dead than red