Students in school are told not to fight back - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Students in school are told not to fight back

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2013, 05:45 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Little Humans like little dogs recognize weakness and fear. All the rules in the world will not change this. The Little Humans that assume the fetal position will have the sh&t kicked out of them.
In the end only the strong reproduce the others become slaves.

Old 04-02-2013, 05:57 AM   #22

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

In the eighth grade I got in a fight for protecting a special Ed student from bullies throwing grapes at him and the one of the bullys confronted me and pushed me and as a natural reflex I pushed back and we got in a fight I did not throw a single punch out so I would not get in trouble but yet I went to court and got a 400 dollar ticket for "disturbing the peace" and some other crap. All that for standing for one who could not stand for himself. My mother told me back in her days you'd just get suspended, today you get tickets for doing the right thing.

Old 04-02-2013, 06:19 AM   #23
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7172 Times on 4316 Posts
Likes Given: 8745

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45JMB View Post
In the eighth grade I got in a fight for protecting a special Ed student from bullies throwing grapes at him and the one of the bullys confronted me and pushed me and as a natural reflex I pushed back and we got in a fight I did not throw a single punch out so I would not get in trouble but yet I went to court and got a 400 dollar ticket for "disturbing the peace" and some other crap. All that for standing for one who could not stand for himself. My mother told me back in her days you'd just get suspended, today you get tickets for doing the right thing.
I'm proud of you. Thanks for doing the right thing.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:02 AM   #24

Liked 287 Times on 193 Posts

There wasn't any bullying in my school. Because I didn't allow it.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:08 AM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 398 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 596

Children should be taught that violence should never be used to solve a problem unless violence is the only solution a bully understands. Bullies are very responsive to negative reinforcement.

Hey..... what's the red button do?

People Like This 
Old 04-02-2013, 09:17 AM   #26

Liked 287 Times on 193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJMercer View Post
Bullies are very responsive to negative reinforcement.
I like headlock, chickenwing, or fist to the nose. Hehe

Old 04-02-2013, 10:19 AM   #27

Liked 562 Times on 371 Posts

When I was in high school both people were arrested on the spot and charges were pressed by the school. No questions asked. Fighting is a part of growing up. I have never been in a fight myself but can think of a few people in high school I wish I had.

Old 04-02-2013, 10:40 AM   #28

Liked 65 Times on 36 Posts

In 6th and 7th grade I had to deal with 2 bullies. Tried to talk my way out of fights and when that didn't work I defended myself but still took a couple of ass whippings. When I made up my mine to really fight back, I won a fight and the bulling stopped.

Some years latter I listened to a friend that was coaching his son through some bulling. Seems one guy at his son's middle school would hang arround the coke machine and when someone would put threir money in, this guy would hit the return button and collect grab their money! Why anyone would mess with his son - I DON'T know?! J was alreay 155 Lbs and strong as an ox! J ending up playing HS and college football as starting OT and was one of the strongest guys ever to go through those schools!

Any way, He told his son to pick-up one of the empty coke bottles by the machine before he put his money in it. AND if that guy tried to hit the return button on him - To wait till he bent over and knock him in the head with the bottle. J came home next week late school while his dad and I were outside working on my boat. J when straight to dad and saying that he (dad) should have told him what would happen! Seems J's teacher sent him to pick-up some supplies and J went to get a coke in middle of class such that there was no one but him in the halls except for the coke machine guy. Sure enough, J remebered to pick-up a bottle and Guy pushed that return button. J said he hit him as hard as he could, but said dad should have warned him how loud a sound it would make when the bottle broke! Some how the guy got up off the floor and ran away just before several teachers came running out their doors to see what made all the noise. They found J at the coke machine with glass and blood all over the place and sent him to office. The principle made J clean up that mess and the rest of the halls in the school before he could leave that day.

Flash forward good many years latter and I found myself having to coach my son through a bully situation in his first year in HS. My son didn't go to a middle school - He was home schooled through the 8th grade. So he was new to the YA-YA and realitive immature regarding any bullying. But again, why anyone would pick on him was just stupid! He and I were taking taewondo and haphido since he was 6 yrs old. He competed and won tournement after tournement. He had progressed through his Jr black belt to the youngest 2nd degree black at the school.

Well, one of the linemen on the footbal team just picked and picked on him. This went on for 3 to 4 months and just seemed to get worse - "Mom" was advising him to talk through it and she even went to the principle several times for help - Got none! Finally I stepped in and told him of my experiences and told him I thought he had tried as much as he could/should to stay out of a fight. And told him that if it continued to wait till this guy picked on again AWAY from school. Stay calm, don't loose your cool, don't start the fight, but if that guy laid hands on him again to break his nose as it would hurt so bad that he would not try to continue fighting and it would put a quick end to the situation. Sure enough guy picked a fight with him the very next week off school grounds and almost got his nose broke but quit with the pain. Son didn't have any more trouble with bullies.

Why any of these guys would choose to pick on boys like this is beyond me. But shows no one in immune to bullying. Also seems that standing up to the bullies puts a quick end to it.

Old 04-02-2013, 11:12 AM   #29

Liked 87 Times on 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by molonlabexx View Post

That is BS. This reminds me of how gun owners are criminalized when someone breaks into their house.. The laws are in favor of the criminals.
I am Sorry to say it this sounds more and more like the UK. The government /authorities are only concerned with public order or should I say the appearance of order over the rights of the individual.

It's that 'don't rock the boat' thing!
The mere impertinence of a victim who actually defends themselves is a no no because it rocks the foundation that only the authorities possess the power and ability to keep order and apprehend criminals.

Have a go hero's are vigilantes who will upset the balance of things .

Many years ago it was society who where the custodians of law and order, individual responsibility to do the right thing and challenge eachothers behaviours.

The community spirit has been systematically broken down creating a free for all for those who shun morals left unchecked by an impotent justice system which says don't get involve let the police handle it.

Well the police are never there when it matters they are good at investigations and taking statements after the fact.. when it's too late.

No different in school teachers can't be everywhere. It's up to you to defend yourself and if enough people make a stand it leaves no room for the bullys.

This public order vision is our enemy
Many years ago if someone jumped a queue, everyone else would be having a word with that individual. These days people just tut!!

It's as basic as that!
Old 04-02-2013, 11:30 AM   #30

Liked 8 Times on 4 Posts

As a high school senior I feel obligated to chime in, at my school anyone involved in an "altercation" is supposed to be arrested for assault, given a $300 fine, and suspended for 5 days no matter if they started the fight or not. That being said if your lucky enough to have it all on security camera and you didn't start it you can get out of the fine and arrest but still get suspended.