Students in school are told not to fight back
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Students in school are told not to fight back

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2013, 03:21 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 362 Times on 230 Posts
Likes Given: 157

Default Students in school are told not to fight back

Hey folks. I know this has been going on for a long time but I wanted to get your opinion on something. Nowadays, public schools are teaching kids NOT to fight back when struck by another student (bully or aggressor). So when some kid walks into the bathroom, gets the **** beaten out of him, he is supposed to go in a fetile position. Please, this is like Biden's Shotgun principle. Almost like a "fist free" zone... This new generation is growing up a bunch of weaklings. Getting trophies for "participating".

Thanks to axxe55, I also want to add that if you fight back, you are suspended or expelled.

There is my rant for the night.

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...

Last edited by molonlabexx; 04-02-2013 at 03:38 AM.
People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-02-2013, 03:26 AM   #2
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21302 Times on 12086 Posts
Likes Given: 53068

Quote:
Originally Posted by molonlabexx View Post
Hey folks. I know this has been going on for a long time but I wanted to get your opinion on something. Nowadays, public schools are teaching kids NOT to fight back when struck by another student (bully or aggressor). So when some kid walks into the bathroom, gets the **** beaten out of him, he is supposed to go in a fetile position. Please, this is like Biden's Shotgun principle. Almost like a "fist free" zone... This new generation is growing up a bunch of weaklings. Getting trophies for "participating".

There is my rant for the night.
i agree with you 100%! welcome to the new world of political correctness. and a part of the problem is, if the student decides to make a stand and defend him or herself, they are penalized for it. somuch for taking a stand against a bully!

Old 04-02-2013, 03:29 AM   #3

Liked 283 Times on 228 Posts
Likes Given: 1245

Well
Were not all sheep,

Old 04-02-2013, 03:37 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
i agree with you 100%! welcome to the new world of political correctness. and a part of the problem is, if the student decides to make a stand and defend him or herself, they are penalized for it. somuch for taking a stand against a bully!
I forgot about that, gonna add that to the post actually. It is sickening

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 04-02-2013, 03:37 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_x View Post
Well
Were not all sheep,
no we're not, but they are trying to teach the newer generations into being sheep.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:39 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
no we're not, but they are trying to teach the newer generations into being sheep.
More like relying on the government for welfare and things. That way, when people rely on the government, they can control us. Oh you want a tax decrease, WELL THERE WENT YOUR OBAMA PHONE &$#$^?!

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 04-02-2013, 03:39 AM   #7

Liked 24 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 5

A friend of mine got in a fight purely out of self defense and hit the kid once and then we pulled them off of each other and my friend got 5 days of OSS and absolutely nothing happened to the kid who hit him first.

Old 04-02-2013, 03:41 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbadger View Post
A friend of mine got in a fight purely out of self defense and hit the kid once and then we pulled them off of each other and my friend got 5 days of OSS and absolutely nothing happened to the kid who hit him first.
That is BS. This reminds me of how gun owners are criminalized when someone breaks into their house.. The laws are in favor of the criminals.

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 04-02-2013, 03:47 AM   #9

i fear they are trying to raise a generation that will have more reliance upon the government than themselves. IOW's, let someone else take care of your problems rather than act like an adult and take care of yourself.

i experianced this not too many years ago when my stepdaughter was in school. we had some discussions about it several times. i counseled on the fact that if someone else put their handson you either in anger or uninvited, that as fgar as i was concerned, she had my permission to defend herself and that i would be the one defending her against the teachers and the school. and i did a couple of times. funny how mentioning an attorney will change some people's attitudes!

Old 04-02-2013, 03:49 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 323 Times on 190 Posts
Likes Given: 63

If I didn't fight back when I was a kid I had problems when I got home. I was always taught not to initiate the fight but finish it if it comes to you. I wasn't a big kid height wise growing up but I got into weightlifting early. Some kids thought that they could pick on me due to me being a bit shorter. Severalf found out different. Didn't hurt either that my best friend in HS went about 6'4" 270lbs and has country boy hands that hit like sledgehammers.