Stress? share it and help ease your mind! :) - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Stress? share it and help ease your mind! :)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2012, 01:05 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3859 Times on 1864 Posts
Likes Given: 701

31 years old and going back to school to get my engineering degree. 2 semesters left and my GPA is around a 3.6, but lack of money, and the uncertainty of finding the resources to financially make it through school. Car troubles, etc... Just sucks going from a merchant marine, making good money, to back in school with zero.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:17 AM   #12

Liked 174 Times on 139 Posts
Likes Given: 82

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94browninghunt View Post
What are you stressing about? Share it and it'll help ease your mind

I couldnt get online for a while because i had a 30% of grade project Damn Pre-med and biology classes!
Well, if you are a young adult in college, then you are probably stressing about exams.

I remember those days.

If you are not overloaded in your courses, and you study every day, then you should be prepared for your exams.

There will still be some stress, called performance stress. But this kind of stress is good for you, and it primes you for optimum performance.

When you finish college, you will be stressing over finding a job. Then you will enter the big game that everyone else is in, with the Great Recession looming over everyone right now, everyone trying to find a job, and everyone trying to keep their jobs.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:23 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
So, after reading my prior post, I seemed to have left off the topic line.

Stress in my life is at an all time low, at least for now. I know who I am pretty much at 51 years old. I have a decent job with a low stress factor. I will never be rich working there but we are comfortable.

It's not about the stuff, I don't remember when I got my first big screen. For me it's more about what you do and who you do it with.
My situation is similar to yours, DownSouth, however I am beginning to stress over saving money for future retirement. Besides social security, my retirement is all funded by 401K. So that means saving as much as possible and spending as little as possible for the next 10 or 15 years.

If this thread is a survey for a psychology class by the OP, then that is my stress level. I am hoping I can save enough money.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:25 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
31 years old and going back to school to get my engineering degree. 2 semesters left and my GPA is around a 3.6, but lack of money, and the uncertainty of finding the resources to financially make it through school. Car troubles, etc... Just sucks going from a merchant marine, making good money, to back in school with zero.
Mosin, that is fairly common for someone in their late 20s or early 30s.

I was that same age when I finished grad school too. It was worth it though so hang in there.

I had to borrow money from my sister then, and she helped me out.

Maybe you have a brother or sister who can also?

Old 01-05-2012, 01:28 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedpapa View Post
I'm stressed about money(probably like everyone). I had to take my wife off the checking account because she had no self control to stick to the budget. Now I'm going through debt consolidation because I can't get on top of the credit cards. You can imagine what my wife thinks of me...

Brian
That's really common too. Women simply cannot control their spending.

My sister and I had to put our mom thru bankruptcy and take away all her credit cards.

That cost us both a couple of thousand in legal fees.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:33 AM   #16

I have always been a saver, with a savings account, and also a minimalist, so I buy the least expensive of the best things that I need. Such as Jeep Cherokee Sport instead of Mercedes Benz. Or DELL computer instead of HP or IBM.

Therefore I don't sweat money. I am concerned that my savings is at the same exact level as a year ago though. It has not been a prosperous past year. We are in the midst of a Great Recession world wide.

I worry about retirement coming up though. That could be anywhere from 5 to 15 years away, depending on how long I am able to continue working in this terrible economy, which does not look like it will improve anytime in the coming 10 years, same as Japan's great bubble bursting sometime ago.

I am happy though, because I get to hike in the hills and mountains and go hunting with archery and rifle. I enjoy the little things in life. I was never a part of the game of getting all you can and going into debt as deeply as you can. I live without any debt.

Last edited by Shoobee; 01-05-2012 at 01:36 AM.

Old 01-05-2012, 02:22 AM   #17

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoobee

My situation is similar to yours, DownSouth, however I am beginning to stress over saving money for future retirement. Besides social security, my retirement is all funded by 401K. So that means saving as much as possible and spending as little as possible for the next 10 or 15 years.

If this thread is a survey for a psychology class by the OP, then that is my stress level. I am hoping I can save enough money.
Live it up!! You will never be able to out save hyper inflation. As for social security, they are about to blow another 240 billion dollar hole in it when congress gets back. Makes no sense to me. I have come to the realization that my health care in the furure will be more akin to 1960 than 2030 care. We just won't matter. DHS already classifies everyone over 70 as units." To be made comfortable in their condition"

NEVER FORGET

Old 01-05-2012, 02:51 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Live it up!! You will never be able to out save hyper inflation. As for social security, they are about to blow another 240 billion dollar hole in it when congress gets back. Makes no sense to me. I have come to the realization that my health care in the furure will be more akin to 1960 than 2030 care. We just won't matter. DHS already classifies everyone over 70 as units." To be made comfortable in their condition"
Few people realize that one of the 2 major parties is indeed trying to dismantle Medicare. I won't mention any names. I don't want to get into trouble here.

The point being that there is a large following for the repleal of LBJ's social policies for the elderly.

And whether that is right or wrong, I cannot tell.

I get private medical insurance coverage for $350 per month. But that is becaues I am healthy and don't need it.

Medicare covers really old and sick people and it is expensive. I know because my old mom uses it a lot herself.

Old 01-05-2012, 03:03 AM   #19

Liked 32 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 115

Sorry, I did mine here. http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/ok-just-need-vent-little-54800/

Old 01-05-2012, 03:07 AM   #20

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoobee

Few people realize that one of the 2 major parties is indeed trying to dismantle Medicare. I won't mention any names. I don't want to get into trouble here.

The point being that there is a large following for the repleal of LBJ's social policies for the elderly.

And whether that is right or wrong, I cannot tell.

I get private medical insurance coverage for $350 per month. But that is becaues I am healthy and don't need it.

Medicare covers really old and sick people and it is expensive. I know because my old mom uses it a lot herself.
I truely don't trust any of them. Obama care cuts medicare by 500 billion. And there will be panels, call them what you will.

As for the other party, blah,blah,blah. It does'nt matter, the money is going to run out. The choices will be made by the Chinese. When you borrow 40 cents out of every dollar, you are not your own master. The economics will, in the end dictate where this country goes. Won't matter which party.

NEVER FORGET