Stress? share it and help ease your mind! :)
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Stress? share it and help ease your mind! :)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2012, 03:58 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Default Stress? share it and help ease your mind! :)

What are you stressing about? Share it and it'll help ease your mind

I couldnt get online for a while because i had a 30% of grade project Damn Pre-med and biology classes!

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" - Thomas Jefferson

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-04-2012, 06:13 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 150 Times on 94 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I'm stressed about money(probably like everyone). I had to take my wife off the checking account because she had no self control to stick to the budget. Now I'm going through debt consolidation because I can't get on top of the credit cards. You can imagine what my wife thinks of me...

Brian

Brian

Old 01-04-2012, 06:36 PM   #3

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Yep, money here.
Wife needs a better car, I need a more reliable truck, a want a new gun, thinking about taking an internship in Alaska this summer, but I'll lose income if I do, and I don't have a regular job to begin with!

I keep expecting any day for her car to break down and just never run again, we just got our bankruptcy discharge in the mail yesterday (which means that's done with, thank God) so my credit is shot for right now, and I will have a hard time getting financing on a car. And no, paying in full is a no go, unless I can find something that's worth it, which I can't right now, everyone thinks they're a car dealer and asking premiums for a fuel efficient car. I saw a geo metro just a few days ago for 5k. So I'll be trying to buy new or used at a dealership and get financing. Yes, I'll pay more in the long run, but at least I won't have to worry about my wife stranded on the side of the road, and not knowing for sure if my truck will make it to her location.

Old 01-04-2012, 06:38 PM   #4

Liked 1957 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Hang in there Brian, Trip...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 01-04-2012, 06:51 PM   #5
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Yep, money here.
Wife needs a better car, I need a more reliable truck, a want a new gun, thinking about taking an internship in Alaska this summer, but I'll lose income if I do, and I don't have a regular job to begin with!

I keep expecting any day for her car to break down and just never run again, we just got our bankruptcy discharge in the mail yesterday (which means that's done with, thank God) so my credit is shot for right now, and I will have a hard time getting financing on a car. And no, paying in full is a no go, unless I can find something that's worth it, which I can't right now, everyone thinks they're a car dealer and asking premiums for a fuel efficient car. I saw a geo metro just a few days ago for 5k. So I'll be trying to buy new or used at a dealership and get financing. Yes, I'll pay more in the long run, but at least I won't have to worry about my wife stranded on the side of the road, and not knowing for sure if my truck will make it to her location.
Been there, done that .......oh hell, what am i saying, I'm still there!

Dont sweat the petty stuff and dont pet the sweaty stuff, bro!

Dont worry about the small stuff....and in the end, its ALL small stuff!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 01-04-2012, 07:07 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Well, i have a bunch of payroll tax clients who will be needing to send their employees some W2's pretty soon and to file their payroll tax returns for the fourth quarter of 2011, BUT i am stuck trying to figure out some new POS software to do all that. Of course, the new software is much loved by the bitch of the firm who hands all her payroll tax work off, usually to me. I just gotta get it working with my clients and ASAemeffinP!

I sweat the stuff that could screw my clients.

Quote:
we just got our bankruptcy discharge in the mail yesterday (which means that's done with, thank God) so my credit is shot for right now, and I will have a hard time getting financing on a car.
Actually, doesn't that mean that you can't declare bankruptcy again for seven years or something; i bet you can find an independent lot to sell to you. Please review the charges and rates carefully to avoid a serious reaming (Lamar avenue stealerships); large caliber buttholes belong in DC and the middle east. I would think one of the smaller lots in Southaven would go for it, but i could be way off.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 01-04-2012, 07:59 PM   #7

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

They've changed the bankruptcy laws, do I don't know what all is happening there. I know the bankruptcy stays on your credit report for several (I think seven) years, but my credit score is already higher than it was before (I went from very low 500s to mid 600s) but the bankruptcy itself is a dealbreaker for many unless you have a substantial down payment.

I'm not worried about going through that again, I've learned from my mistakes, unlike my inlaws and our government.

Old 01-04-2012, 08:23 PM   #8
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
They've changed the bankruptcy laws, do I don't know what all is happening there. I know the bankruptcy stays on your credit report for several (I think seven) years, but my credit score is already higher than it was before (I went from very low 500s to mid 600s) but the bankruptcy itself is a dealbreaker for many unless you have a substantial down payment.

I'm not worried about going through that again, I've learned from my mistakes, unlike my inlaws and our government.
What i have learned about bankruptcy is you will be able to get a car loan a lot easier than myself. I have a couple friends that went the bankruptcy route and they (havent learned) are living high on the hog. Getting loans is pretty easy for them from what i gather.

I on the other hand, when everything went to hell in 05 (housing market crashing and my business tanking...and the wifes company she had worked for straight out of college (over 15 years) closed its doors over night) and my truck got repo'd i paid the SOB off. (read: paid off a truck i no longer have) then a couple years later when things got a little more stable (she graduated and got her RN license) and i felt we could manage a car payment again, went shopping a loan for another truck. I then learned that i should have filed bankruptcy because the repo was still on my record and even tho i paid it off that didnt matter one damn bit!

Kinda like working 60-70 -80 hours a week and making double and triple payments to pull my house out of foreclosure...then 6 months later along came the bailouts!

Looking back i should have let the house go and filed on all of it...today, i get a MUCH nicer house for half the price!

DAMN NOW I AM STRESSED just thinking back on that time period!!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 01-04-2012, 08:35 PM   #9

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

My third time rebuilding my life. Divorced twice and a bankruptcy in 2002. I'm so lucky to be married to a lady who can put up with my personality and ways. We will be married five years in april.

I made just about every mistake a guy could in my life. Seems like maturity and wisdom come late to some of us, I know what wisdom I've aquired has been mostly thru consequences of mistakes and bad judgement. When things did'nt go my way I would try to change everything but my own thinking, most of the time my thinking was what needed changed.

Self introspection is the way to a happier life for me. I have not been to any counseling nor have I studied psychology. I have searched for the cause of my personal failures and hurt in my life. Most all signs point back at me in one way or another. It is our lives, try to learn from mistakes and live today so tomorrow will be better. Above all, remember that we have a forgiving savior who loves us, and forgive yourself for your shortcomings.

Experience is the toughest teacher,
It gives you the consequences
Before the lesson.

NEVER FORGET

Old 01-04-2012, 11:54 PM   #10

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

So, after reading my prior post, I seemed to have left off the topic line.

Stress in my life is at an all time low, at least for now. I know who I am pretty much at 51 years old. I have a decent job with a low stress factor. I will never be rich working there but we are comfortable.

It's not about the stuff, I don't remember when I got my first big screen. For me it's more about what you do and who you do it with.

NEVER FORGET