Stray cats - Page 8
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Stray cats

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2013, 03:29 AM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lubbock,TX
Posts: 454
Liked 117 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Default

Sadly I live in the city so the most powerful gun I could use would be a pellet gun. I'm gonna get a trap. Where would the best place to get one be? A farm supply store? I've never seen one at Gander mountain or Academy but then again I wasn't looking for one.

__________________

Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. –Mark Twain

bigbomar4 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:42 AM   #72
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,154
Liked 5737 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default

All the weekend pest control fans should bear in mind that a mistake in those endeavors could be very costly, not just financially or legally. Some people have different values than what is generally accepted as the norm. I would recommend care and stealth tempered with compassion in the interest of "what goes around, comes around". Now, as for me personally, if I were to know of somebody killing a cat for some sick entertainment or pretty much any reason other than protecting their own pets, family, or property from actual damage, well I wouldn't have feel much kinship with such a person; I'd have to say they would be SOL if they ever needed my help. They would certainly have trouble if they did such a thing at my place or in my presence.



Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbomar4
Sadly I live in the city so the most powerful gun I could use would be a pellet gun. I'm gonna get a trap. Where would the best place to get one be? A farm supply store? I've never seen one at Gander mountain or Academy but then again I wasn't looking for one.
I picked up my last one at Tractor Supply. I see in this Northern Tool catalog they have a set with two sizes of box trap for $32, doesn't price shipping.
__________________

Dead Bears, the only good kind.


Last edited by orangello; 09-25-2013 at 05:35 AM.
orangello is offline  
winds-of-change Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:52 AM   #73
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
boatme98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mid Tennessee
Posts: 3,922
Liked 2118 Times on 1351 Posts
Likes Given: 1217

Default

Look in a local Co-Op, or Tractor Supply. I'd go Co-Op to keep my cash lo all.
Go large and bait with canned tuna. The only thing tuna is good for.
WOC, you know it's true..

__________________

Gone turducken huntin'

boatme98 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:54 AM   #74
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
primer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,820
Liked 2661 Times on 1734 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
All the weekend pest control fans should bear in mind that a mistake in those endeavors could be very costly, not just financially or legally. Some people have different values than what is generally accepted as the norm. I would recommend care and stealth tempered with compassion in the interest of "what goes around, comes around". Now, as for me personally, if I were to know of somebody killing a cat for some sick entertainment or pretty much any reason other than protecting their own pets, family, or property from actual damage, well I wouldn't have feel much kinship with such a person; I'd have to say they would be SOL if they ever needed my help. They would certainly have trouble if they did such a thing at my place or in my presence.

I picked up my last one at Tractor Supply. I see in this Northern Tool catalog they have a set with two sizes of box trap for $32, doesn't price shipping.
This! Hence the garden hose. Cats reeeeaaalllyy don't like a cold forced shower.
__________________

Feral cat waterboarder

primer1 is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:37 AM   #75
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
hairbear1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Molong,NSW Australia
Posts: 650
Liked 441 Times on 243 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Default

Well for those who like their putty tats but can't bring themselves to do 1 in here's a real good use for them that works both ways,




1. Put both lids of the toilet up and add 1/8 cup of pet shampoo to the water in the bowl.

2. Pick up the cat and soothe him while you carry him towards the bathroom.

3. In one smooth movement, put the cat in the toilet and close the lid.
You may need to stand on the lid.

4. The cat will self agitate and make ample suds.
Never mind the noises that come from the toilet, the cat is actually enjoying this..

5. Flush the toilet three or four times.
This provides a 'power-wash' and rinse'.

6. Have someone open th e front door of your home.
Be sure that there are no people between the bathroom and the front door.

7. Stand behind the toilet as far as you can, and quickly lift the lid..

8. The cat will rocket out of the toilet, streak through the bathroom,
And run outside where he will dry himself off.

9. Both the commode and the cat will be sparkling clean..


Sincerely,
The Dog

__________________

The ability to think and speak doesn't necessarily guarantee intelligence

hairbear1 is offline  
4
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:46 PM   #76
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
WebleyFosbery38's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Irish Settlement CNY
Posts: 6,732
Liked 7447 Times on 3798 Posts
Likes Given: 8322

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairbear1 View Post
Well for those who like their putty tats but can't bring themselves to do 1 in here's a real good use for them that works both ways,




1. Put both lids of the toilet up and add 1/8 cup of pet shampoo to the water in the bowl.

2. Pick up the cat and soothe him while you carry him towards the bathroom.

3. In one smooth movement, put the cat in the toilet and close the lid.
You may need to stand on the lid.

4. The cat will self agitate and make ample suds.
Never mind the noises that come from the toilet, the cat is actually enjoying this..

5. Flush the toilet three or four times.
This provides a 'power-wash' and rinse'.

6. Have someone open th e front door of your home.
Be sure that there are no people between the bathroom and the front door.

7. Stand behind the toilet as far as you can, and quickly lift the lid..

8. The cat will rocket out of the toilet, streak through the bathroom,
And run outside where he will dry himself off.

9. Both the commode and the cat will be sparkling clean..


Sincerely,
The Dog
"Never mind the noises that come from the toilet, the cat is actually enjoying this.."

OMG, thats sick funny Bear!

Ive never been a fan of cats although I like barn cats, they are the second most dedicated workers on the farm, following closely behind the Bull!
__________________
WebleyFosbery38 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:59 PM   #77
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ellis36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Batesville,Mississippi
Posts: 1,028
Liked 870 Times on 417 Posts
Likes Given: 517

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbomar4 View Post
Sadly I live in the city so the most powerful gun I could use would be a pellet gun. I'm gonna get a trap. Where would the best place to get one be? A farm supply store? I've never seen one at Gander mountain or Academy but then again I wasn't looking for one.
Ace Hardware sometimes has the Hav-A-Hart traps. They
are the best ones. The ones Tractor Supply sell are flimsy
knock-offs.
__________________

It's amazing how we use guns as an excuse to discuss everything in the world—energy, psychology, behavior, love, money, economics and finance. The guns themselves are boring as hell."

ellis36 is offline  
winds-of-change Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:48 PM   #78
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
amandaloveszoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 139
Liked 56 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Default

Just put your cats food out, give it 15 mins to eat twice and day then take food back up. Its a known fact that trapping and taking cats off someplace else doesnt help. The cats that are there now actually will run other cats off. So by taking those away u will just open up door for a new set to come in. I rescued 8 feral kittens in my neighborhood, got them all fixed and tamed them and they wont let other cats come near!

__________________

Last edited by amandaloveszoe; 09-25-2013 at 02:52 PM.
amandaloveszoe is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:23 PM   #79
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
primer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,820
Liked 2661 Times on 1734 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis36 View Post

Ace Hardware sometimes has the Hav-A-Hart traps. They
are the best ones. The ones Tractor Supply sell are flimsy
knock-offs.
I bought my hav-a-hart at tsc years ago, not flimsy and works great. Maybe they are different now.
__________________

Feral cat waterboarder

primer1 is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:15 PM   #80
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Steel_Talon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Cochise County,AZ
Posts: 1,766
Liked 990 Times on 653 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

Default

Stray Cats

__________________
'Steel cuts flesh / steel cuts bone / steel does not cut steel.'

Become steel or get cut.
Steel_Talon is offline  
winds-of-change Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
How men play with their cats!! JustinM Semi-Auto Handguns 22 02-15-2013 04:48 AM
Cats danf_fl Conspiracy 27 06-08-2012 07:22 PM
.22 AR Copy Cats?? lastcast .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 11 12-08-2011 12:47 PM
Stray Bullets Jo da Plumbr Training & Safety 24 01-12-2011 10:31 PM
bob cats gun nuts Hunting Forum 19 03-04-2010 11:39 PM