Stray cats - Page 7
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Stray cats

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2013, 09:02 PM   #61
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2451 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello

Mouse trap wallpaper for the can. It could entertain and educate.
LOL sounds fun. So far I've tried pepper spray and a shock wire/fence charger which were both entertaining. But shooting them is a lot easier. I give pets a fighting chance unless they bother the kids or the dogs. The first 2 times I use a pellet gun and don't pump it up all the way. If they haven't figured it out by the 2nd time, they die on the 3rd.

Old 09-24-2013, 09:05 PM   #62
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8452 Times on 5051 Posts
Likes Given: 11017

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
My can fills up fast. The lid ends up propped open. Cats and possums can get to it because I have a stone wall around my carport next to where the can sits. The big feral dogs around here learn to knock those cans over pretty fast. The cans sit on the bank of a ditch for pickup on this street so its not hard. Even in the carport propped up against the wall big dogs have managed to knock it over. Most of my problems happened before we got the big cans here though. I used to use an old fashioned metal can with lid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Mouse trap wallpaper for the can. It could entertain and educate.
Get another can to avoid overflow. Many cans have locking lids like this. Seriously, it isn't difficult to keep animals out of a garbage can. http://www.rubbermaid.com/Category/Pages/ProductDetail.aspx?SubcatId=OutdoorTrashCans&Prod_ ID=RP091453

Old 09-24-2013, 09:06 PM   #63
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

Get another can to avoid overflow. Many cans have locking lids like this. Seriously, it isn't difficult to keep animals out of a garbage can. http://www.rubbermaid.com/Category/Pages/ProductDetail.aspx?SubcatId=OutdoorTrashCans&Prod_ ID=RP091453
No way. I pay money for a whole extra pickup for every extra can. Not happening. And I can only use the cans the garbage company provides and it doesn't have a locking lid. A pellet gun works great and a bullet to the head works even better.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:09 PM   #64
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
No way. I pay money for a whole extra pickup for every extra can. Not happening. And I can only use the cans the garbage company provides and it doesn't have a locking lid. A pellet gun works great and a bullet to the head works even better.
Pick up the next black rubber tie strap you pass on the road and put it on the can (you know you have seen one this week).

Mousetraps would be more fun though. You could probably get the kids to take the can out and set the traps.

edit* I just LOL'd at the thought of some old hound getting his sack caught by a mouse trap when trying to "mark" your trash can.

Last edited by orangello; 09-24-2013 at 09:14 PM.

Old 09-24-2013, 09:15 PM   #65
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello

Pick up the next black rubber tie strap you pass on the road and put it on the can.

Mousetraps would be more fun though. You could probably get the kids to take the can out and set the traps.
The most fun I have is with the pellet gun. (No body to bury.) Tie strapping my can would result in it not being picked up. The law is in my favor here and will be as long as we continue to have fatalities involving roaming animals. And I intend to take full advantage of it for as long as it stays like this.

Old 09-24-2013, 10:35 PM   #66

Liked 811 Times on 520 Posts
Likes Given: 249

DeltaF I'm with you 100%
The whole problem is the pet owners. Too bad they didn't try to get in your garbage!
Old 09-24-2013, 11:45 PM   #67

Liked 981 Times on 526 Posts
Likes Given: 788

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
Cats will be cats and nothing you do will change that. The advice to shoot them, if followed, could lead to felony charges, and that would be a hell of a thing to lose your freedom and civil rights for.
WHAT!!! Not here in a 95% rural state. We shoot all animals that show up where they are not wanted. That is the way it should be. Dogs, cats, hogs, birds you name it. The only animal safe here is a hound with an electronic caller of some kind. If it is chasing a deer it is shot too. People who don't agree with that are fruit cake city people in my book. KEEP YOUR ANIMALS AT HOME OR THEY WILL DIE.
People Like This 
Old 09-24-2013, 11:53 PM   #68
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 955 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 274

Same rule in TN. The strays run deer, and eat your chickens & geese.
People Like This 
Old 09-25-2013, 12:28 AM   #69
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25-5
Same rule in TN. The strays run deer, and eat your chickens & geese.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiwall
DeltaF I'm with you 100%
The whole problem is the pet owners. Too bad they didn't try to get in your garbage!
Quote:
Originally Posted by limbkiller

WHAT!!! Not here in a 95% rural state. We shoot all animals that show up where they are not wanted. That is the way it should be. Dogs, cats, hogs, birds you name it. The only animal safe here is a hound with an electronic caller of some kind. If it is chasing a deer it is shot too. People who don't agree with that are fruit cake city people in my book. KEEP YOUR ANIMALS AT HOME OR THEY WILL DIE.
I KNEW I wasn't alone.

Old 09-25-2013, 01:51 AM   #70

Liked 2119 Times on 1351 Posts
Likes Given: 1217

Well, it looks like "pets is pets and all else is game". I've been on both sides and I have to say (rag on me all you want, I can take it), if you own "pets" keep them close.
If your pet is my in my yard it is a pest.
I love animals but yours are not my responsibility. You made the choice to care for it. You need to take care of them.
Your tiny turd hound nipping at my ankle or your 110lb. husky leaving muffins in my yard do not endear me to you or your pet.