Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Stray cats

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2013, 08:01 PM   #51
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
I don't discriminate. I shoot all of them. Anything that walks in the direction of my trash cans gets shot. Dogs, cats, raccoons, coyotes, small children, aliens from outer space, crazy cat owners, it doesn't matter. The trash WILL stay in the can. Not in the yard.
Sanitation workers?

Some can be testy.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

DeltaF Likes This 
Old 09-24-2013, 08:05 PM   #52
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2191 Times on 1213 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello

Sanitation workers?

Some can be testy.
Yes. That guy would definitely qualify for the 50 cent bullet treatment.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."

Old 09-24-2013, 08:19 PM   #53

Liked 1060 Times on 685 Posts
Likes Given: 266

Cats will be cats and nothing you do will change that. The advice to shoot them, if followed, could lead to felony charges, and that would be a hell of a thing to lose your freedom and civil rights for.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 09-24-2013, 08:44 PM   #54
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire
Cats will be cats and nothing you do will change that. The advice to shoot them, if followed, could lead to felony charges, and that would be a hell of a thing to lose your freedom and civil rights for.
That depends on your local laws and whether you get caught or not. Where I live any animal allows to roam that strays on private property is fair game. Particularly if they are causing a nuisance or acting aggressively. I've only been "caught" doing it once. And the deputy threatened to write the animal's owner a $500 citation for allowing animals to roam if he didnt go inside and shut up. Call the cops on a stray dog here and dispatch tells you "shoot it, bury it, and don't tell anybody." I've buried many cats and quite a few dogs in the woods around my house.

Cats are smart animals. If something bad happens to them consistently when they do a certain action or go to a certain place they can learn to avoid those actions/places.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

Last edited by DeltaF; 09-24-2013 at 08:49 PM.

Old 09-24-2013, 08:49 PM   #55
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
That depends on your local laws and whether you get caught or not. Where I live any animal not kept on a leash and straying on private property is fair game. Particularly if they are causing a nuisance or acting aggressively. I've only been "caught" doing it once. And the deputy threatened to write the animal's owner a $500 citation for allowing animals to roam if he didnt go inside and shut up. Call the cops on a stray dog here and dispatch tells you "shoot it, bury it, and don't tell anybody."

Cats are smart animals. If something bad happens to them consistently when they do a certain action or go to a certain place they can learn to avoid those actions/places.
Until you pop some city councilperson's cat, dog, etc. Then you risk a felony or at least a serious hassle.

If you must use projectiles, water balloons or airsoft would be the most fun and effective while incurring a very low risk of penalty.

Old 09-24-2013, 08:50 PM   #56
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6636 Times on 4015 Posts
Likes Given: 7890

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchunt101 View Post
Lot easier to put the body in the road and back over it.
How would you explain the bullet wound?

Quote:
I don't discriminate. I shoot all of them. Anything that walks in the direction of my trash cans gets shot. Dogs, cats, raccoons, coyotes, small children, aliens from outer space, crazy cat owners, it doesn't matter. The trash WILL stay in the can. Not in the yard.
How in the heck can a cat open a garbage can with the lid on? Our garbage bins look like this. Mine has never been raided by any critter...not even a raccoon.
cart_web_garbage.jpg  

Old 09-24-2013, 08:52 PM   #57
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello

Until you pop some city councilperson's cat, dog, etc. Then you risk a felony or at least a serious hassle.

If you must use projectiles, water balloons or airsoft would be the most fun and effective while incurring a very low risk of penalty.
The law is the law here. I'm not in the city limits. A municipal politician would have to pass a new ordinance in order to prosecute me, and it would not pass. Roaming animals cause fatal traffic accidents in my area at least once a year. Human lives are still more important than animal lives here in the Deep South.

Old 09-24-2013, 08:55 PM   #58
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

How in the heck can a cat open a garbage can with the lid on? Our garbage bins look like this. Mine has never been raided by any critter...not even a raccoon.
My can fills up fast. The lid ends up propped open. Cats and possums can get to it because I have a stone wall around my carport next to where the can sits. The big feral dogs around here learn to knock those cans over pretty fast. The cans sit on the bank of a ditch for pickup on this street so its not hard. Even in the carport propped up against the wall big dogs have managed to knock it over. Most of my problems happened before we got the big cans here though. I used to use an old fashioned metal can with lid.

Last edited by DeltaF; 09-24-2013 at 08:59 PM.

Old 09-24-2013, 08:58 PM   #59
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Roaming animals cause fatal traffic accidents in my area at least once a year.
That sounds like poor driver education or reasonable survival of the fittest; the first thing dude told us when we actually got in the DE car was "don't dodge the deer" (it was a ford).

Human lives are still more important than animal lives here in the Deep South.
As a fellow resident of the South, I should point out that my mother's grandfather was lost in a knife fight over a dog (Smith County), and I can think of at least three local fights that ended with somebody going to the hospital or jail, all over dogs.

Cat people don't get caught.

Old 09-24-2013, 08:59 PM   #60
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
My can fills up fast. The lid ends up propped open. Cats and possums can get to it because I have a stone wall around my carport next to where the can sits. The big feral dogs around here learn to knock those cans over pretty fast. The cans sit on the bank of a ditch for pickup on this street so its not hard. Even in the carport propped up against the wall big dogs have managed to knock it over.
Mouse trap wallpaper for the can. It could entertain and educate.