Stray cats - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Stray cats

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2013, 04:57 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 117 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
Seriously? You don't just shoot the damn things?
I'm gonna assume you mean with something like an airsoft or a water gun. If so I would if I was fast enough. They take off like a rocket when I open the back door.

Old 09-23-2013, 04:59 AM   #12
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3382 Times on 2288 Posts
Likes Given: 710

The cat next door is brazen. He's not even scared of Gator...and Gator wants to eat him...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 09-23-2013, 05:32 AM   #13
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2343 Times on 1426 Posts
Likes Given: 12836

A paint ball gun and an open window. Seriously, if they take off running when you open the door, don't open the door.

try blood meal. available at most hardware stores in lawn and garden. I used to use it when I live in NC to keep possums out of my sheds. Sprinkle it around the yard. and it will keep most pests out.

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

If you can't be good, be great at it.

Old 09-23-2013, 06:12 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 990 Times on 653 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

feed your cat inside patio etc....

Become steel or get cut.
winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 09-23-2013, 11:57 AM   #15
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8663 Times on 5168 Posts
Likes Given: 11415

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Talon View Post
feed your cat inside patio etc....
Seriously, this is the only way to keep the strays from eating your cat's food. And they'll eventually wander off to someplace else that does have food for them.

Old 09-23-2013, 12:11 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
Granulated Cougar urine. no joke,..it keeps them away....also works on everything from Feral cats up to mtn. lions
I'll play. Where does one buy granulated cougar urine? Also, does it have to be reapplied after it rains?

Okay. One more. How does one harvest cougar pee? I've tried to catch a urine sample from my dog, and that's darn near impossible. They gave me a little french fry tray looking thing and told me to follow the dog when I let him out. That was it. That was the end of the instructions. They failed to mention that a dog can shut it off long before that catch tray is ever in position, let alone the reaction of the neighbors watching me trying to collect a sample. That vet is either a sadist or has one warped sense of humor.
orangello Likes This 
Old 09-23-2013, 12:18 PM   #17

Liked 534 Times on 286 Posts
Likes Given: 34

At the risk of upsetting a lot of people here shoot them.
Don't even consider trapping them and then taking them away and releasing them in the wild because they will just kill any local fauna like lizards and birds.
If you must trap them take them to the local pound or where ever and let them deal with these feral cats. In probably a lot of cases they'll more than likely put them down.

Here in Australia we have a bad feral cat problem and most hunters here will shoot a cat on sight in the bush because people can't be bothered to take them to the local RSPCA and have them either put down or sold to somebody who will look after them so they release them into the bush to fend for them selves and it's here where they do the most damage to local native wildlife.

I'd be feeding your cat inside for a fair while otherwise.
People Like This 
Old 09-23-2013, 12:50 PM   #18
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8663 Times on 5168 Posts
Likes Given: 11415

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
I'll play. Where does one buy granulated cougar urine? Also, does it have to be reapplied after it rains?

Okay. One more. How does one harvest cougar pee? I've tried to catch a urine sample from my dog, and that's darn near impossible. They gave me a little french fry tray looking thing and told me to follow the dog when I let him out. That was it. That was the end of the instructions. They failed to mention that a dog can shut it off long before that catch tray is ever in position, let alone the reaction of the neighbors watching me trying to collect a sample. That vet is either a sadist or has one warped sense of humor.
ROFL.............I've had to collect a urine specimen from a female Border Collie I had many years ago. It was an adventure, indeed. She would squat, I'd push the tray under her, she'd look at me like I was crazy and walk away. I'd usually get a small amount, though. Then if I tried again, I'd let her out and follow her. She'd be looking at me over her shoulder every few steps. She was on to me. LOL

Old 09-23-2013, 01:17 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
ROFL.............I've had to collect a urine specimen from a female Border Collie I had many years ago. It was an adventure, indeed. She would squat, I'd push the tray under her, she'd look at me like I was crazy and walk away. I'd usually get a small amount, though. Then if I tried again, I'd let her out and follow her. She'd be looking at me over her shoulder every few steps. She was on to me. LOL
You were luckier than I was. I never got a drop. He would shut down the flow and beat feet before I ever got close. It became a game to him, too. He was having as much fun as the neighbors were.
winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 09-23-2013, 01:34 PM   #20

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Best thing you'll be able to do, is not to keep them out while letting him in, but to FEED him where ONLY he can get to the food.

Enclosed back patio was mentioned. This is a good idea.

If you can manage to feed your cat, without feeding the ferals, that would possibly do the trick.

Personally, I'm a fan of doing away with feral cats that become a nuisance.