Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Store etiquette ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2013, 11:05 AM   #41
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5686 Times on 2815 Posts
Likes Given: 6045

I do my damdest to stay out of stores as much as I can. All the screaming and whining drives me nuts (And thats coming from the parents!). Truly, both customer service people and customers are generally as rude as you can get, they got their manners from a cracker Jack box. My wife deserves an award for facing the retail world feeding and clothing us, if it were left up to me, wede go hungry or eat and wear whatever I could shoot out on the back 40!

Ive seen way to many parents damn near abusing their kids (and Visa Versa) in stores and it takes every ounce of self control from me to keep my thoughts to myself. Its about time we take the teaching of manners, morals and ethics away from purple dino's, rainbow tubbies and Smurfs and put it back in the hands of the parents (I guess were gonna have to teach them first).

Old 08-08-2013, 11:24 AM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1764 Times on 987 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Oxymoron Alert!

Quote:
customer service people
When I grew up people knew who the important person was in a business transaction. He/she was the person handing over the money for goods or service. That seems to have done a complete 180 in today's world. I will not shop at Wal Mart. I will not shop at Winn Dixie. I will not have Comcast. Am I hurting them? Not at all, but I'm feeling much better now that I don't have to put up with their elitist attitude.

I just reread that last sentence. It seems funny talking about Wal Mart having an elitist attitude. It's Wal Mart for crying out loud. Crap products, apathetic employees, and the attitude that they are doing me a favor by ignoring me. Maybe they are.

Last edited by Doc3402; 08-08-2013 at 11:27 AM.

Old 08-08-2013, 11:43 AM   #43
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4U View Post
A good friend of mine tore his Achilles tendon a year or so ago. He went to walmart to get some groceries. He grabs a cart sticks his crutches in it and proceeds to hop along on one leg behind it as he shops. A couple of isles in an employee rides up on one of their electric scooters and says sir please use this scooter so you don't fall and hurt yourself worse. He transfers his groceries into the basket on the scooter and continues to shop. A little while later a huge fat lady with a couple of fat kids starts complaining to him that those carts "are for people that really need them". His crutches were sticking out of the cart he had cast on his leg, and this fatass is bitching because he is using a cart and there are none left for her.( I know not all disabilities are visible, but his sure was and she had no readily identifiable need for the cart, other than blubber.)
Yeah, fat azzes as a "disability" pisses me off to no end, especially after my bout with it.

I blew out my ankle ( required months of PT to walk again...still give me fits years later) anywho...Went to the store to get a few items as i HAD to get the hell out of the house. Well i wander into the local grocery store and of course, as luck would have it, no cripple carts. (Yeah, i know it not very PC...but incase you havent been paying attention, i'm not nor will i be) So i grab a basket and hobble thru the aisle on my crutches grabbing the items i need, quickly filling the basket to the point it was heavy making my hobbling on the crutches even more difficult.

As luck would have it, as i turn the corner from one aisle, a fat azz hog on a cripple cart comes zooming out of the next aisle, stops in the way and then gives ME a dirty look because i was in HER way....she then sat there and expected me to go around her.

Needless to say i had a few choices words for the entitled hog about spoon to mouth disease NOT being a viable handicap.

After more than one encounter with the entitlement crowd block aisles, end caps etc and my voiceiferous objections to the offenders...wife doesnt come to the store very often...then sometimes she does (i think even tho embarrassed by it...she sees the need for it.)

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!
People Like This 
Old 08-08-2013, 12:10 PM   #44

Liked 139 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 41

My pet peeve is the express line. Whats worse is one of the employees told me that they are not allowed to say anything to the customer. They could come up with three baskets and they would still have to ring it up. I don't care if someone has 12 items instead of 10 but it is damn selfish to go through that line with a cart full of crap when you see other people behind you with 1 or 2 items. She said they were told they can not say anything as it may cause offense if the person could not read the sign.

Occasionally I have been surprised when someone has allowed me to go in front of them because I only had a couple of items. This never happens at Walmart though, only Publix and I have done the same thing myself for other people.

Old 08-08-2013, 12:43 PM   #45
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1278 Times on 668 Posts
Likes Given: 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by davva360 View Post
My pet peeve is the express line. Whats worse is one of the employees told me that they are not allowed to say anything to the customer. They could come up with three baskets and they would still have to ring it up. I don't care if someone has 12 items instead of 10 but it is damn selfish to go through that line with a cart full of crap when you see other people behind you with 1 or 2 items. She said they were told they can not say anything as it may cause offense if the person could not read the sign.

Occasionally I have been surprised when someone has allowed me to go in front of them because I only had a couple of items. This never happens at Walmart though, only Publix and I have done the same thing myself for other people.
I, too, do not care about 10 vs. 12 items, but not "allowed" to say something? Okay, then I guess they won't care if I do a little customer education.

Oh, here's a shopping tip: when you see someone "satellite shopping," you know, parking the cart where it blocks three aisles and wandering aisles away to get something? Wait until the satellite shopper is orbiting far away and then push their cart into the back room of the store. Return to watch satellite shopper hunt for cart. Laugh and point, if you wish.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

People Like This 
Old 08-08-2013, 12:47 PM   #46
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
Yeah, fat azzes as a "disability" pisses me off to no end, especially after my bout with it.

I blew out my ankle ( required months of PT to walk again...still give me fits years later) anywho...Went to the store to get a few items as i HAD to get the hell out of the house. Well i wander into the local grocery store and of course, as luck would have it, no cripple carts. (Yeah, i know it not very PC...but incase you havent been paying attention, i'm not nor will i be) So i grab a basket and hobble thru the aisle on my crutches grabbing the items i need, quickly filling the basket to the point it was heavy making my hobbling on the crutches even more difficult.

As luck would have it, as i turn the corner from one aisle, a fat azz hog on a cripple cart comes zooming out of the next aisle, stops in the way and then gives ME a dirty look because i was in HER way....she then sat there and expected me to go around her.

Needless to say i had a few choices words for the entitled hog about spoon to mouth disease NOT being a viable handicap.

After more than one encounter with the entitlement crowd block aisles, end caps etc and my voiceiferous objections to the offenders...wife doesnt come to the store very often...then sometimes she does (i think even tho embarrassed by it...she sees the need for it.)
FMJ, your wife may want to start a "bail fund" much like mine has. She no longer goes along to try to stop my social interactions but as a way to make sure I have a way out. Having a disability and dealing with the general public has made me...outspoken.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 08-08-2013, 12:55 PM   #47

Liked 195 Times on 125 Posts
Likes Given: 39

Just a couple of weeks ago, was in Wallyworld doing an ammo check (like a dog that keeps going back to an empty food dish) and I'm in a checkout behind a Jerry Springer couple who were trying to buy booze. The clerk politely tried to explain that the checkout lane they were in was not for alcohol purchases. There was a sign right next to the conveyor belt and easy to read. They argued, started getting mouthy and finally, rather than just go over to another checkout, walked out and left their Crown Royal and 40s on the counter. I guess they showed WM....

Old 08-08-2013, 01:02 PM   #48
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8446 Times on 3664 Posts
Likes Given: 1301

To all of my fellow crips and broken down/ broken up friends here that have your orthopedist on speed dial- I feel your pain, brothers.

Recovering from surgery (NO, they were NOT installling a soul. Fixing cut tendon in ankle) Using buggy. No weight bearing cast, so crutches are in basket.

Idiot lights into me ranting about how THOSE buggies are meant for people that NEED them.

They should have calmed down and paid attention to where they were walking. Poor thing tripped and went down like a truckload of bricks.

ME? Now how the hell could I trip somebody? I'm stuck on the buggy here, y'know.

Can you pass me my crutch back?

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

People Like This 
Old 08-08-2013, 01:09 PM   #49
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
To all of my fellow crips and broken down/ broken up friends here that have your orthopedist on speed dial- I feel your pain, brothers.

Recovering from surgery (NO, they were NOT installling a soul. Fixing cut tendon in ankle) Using buggy. No weight bearing cast, so crutches are in basket.

Idiot lights into me ranting about how THOSE buggies are meant for people that NEED them.

They should have calmed down and paid attention to where they were walking. Poor thing tripped and went down like a truckload of bricks.

ME? Now how the hell could I trip somebody? I'm stuck on the buggy here, y'know.

Can you pass me my crutch back?
Heeheeheehee...two points! How could he think that you weren't entitled to a cart??? Had to be mentally defective.

Also, if you drag the store cart right behind people who are blocking the aisle and ignoring you, it cuts the back of the ankle quite nicely.

Old 08-08-2013, 01:29 PM   #50
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1764 Times on 987 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by davva360 View Post
Unless I have something melting I will always let someone obviously on lunch break ahead of me at Publix. I go once a week, and I usually have a full cart. Why should I make some working guy wait behind me when all he has is a sandwich and a drink?

On one occasion I almost got in a fight by doing this. There was a guy and girl behind the working man and myself. When I let the working man go ahead of me the couple started giving me a ration of #### because I was holding them up.

Let me see. It's me, the working man, and Mr and Mrs Congeniality in the line, in that order. I let the working man go ahead of me so he didn't have to gulp his lunch down. Have you ever tried to explain to two igmos that it really didn't make a difference because the same two people with the same amount of groceries were still ahead of them? They never did get it.