Store etiquette ? - Page 11
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Store etiquette ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2013, 06:10 AM   #101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 39 Times on 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontierTCB View Post

Lunch at the deli anyone?
For some reason, the sport stripe works for him. If he didn't have that he would look much worse than he already does.
. Mossberg 500 12g
. Stoeger Coach 12g
RIFLES:
. Remington 700 300 WinMag
. Bushmaster M-4 223
. Ruger Mini-14 223
. Ruger 10/22 22LR (x2)
. Rossi 1892 Lever 357
HANDGUNS:
. Remington R1 & R1S 1911 45 ACP (x2)
. Springfield Armory XDm 45 ACP
. Beretta Px4 Storm 45 ACP
. Beretta 92FS 9mm (x2)
. Ruger Vaquero 357 (x2)
. Ruger LCR 357
. Ruger LCP 380
. Ruger 22/45 22LR
. Walther P22 22LR

Last edited by Marthor; 08-09-2013 at 06:13 AM.
orangello Likes This 
Old 08-09-2013, 06:43 AM   #102
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8810 Times on 5094 Posts
Likes Given: 11483

Closest Walmart to me doesn't sell ammo (San Jose, CA) so I don't go there. The next closest store is at least a half hour further away in Milpitas and I have gone there when I am driving by once in awhile. Last time I did there was nobody in the sporting goods area, so after looking around for awhile and finding no employees around, I just hopped the counter and grabbed the ammo I was after then carried it up to the front registers (probably a good thing I didn't get busted. They probably would have called the cops!)

Several years ago I was getting a couple of items at the big hardware store around Christmas time. They had maybe half of the available registers open at the time so lines were pretty long, but I got into one of them with my 2 or 3 items. About that time an older dude walks up and looks at all of the people and yells out "You need to open a cash only line!" at nobody in particular. He does it again (while still standing there, not in any line). It was obvious at the manager's booth that they were getting another register ready to go, but they seemed to slow down a bit as the guy started yelling.

So I started yelling at the guy telling him he would be better off if he just got into a line, shut up, etc., etc.. (I have a very loud, booming baritone voice that can be heard in three counties when I kick the chocks loose). So here this guy is yelling that they need to open a cash line, and here I am yelling at him calling him a jerk (but never cussing or anything- mixed company and all) and the line is progressing along, then the new cashier walks over to the line next to the one marked "cash only" and, taking her time, she loads her drawer in the register, turns the light on, (Mr. Loudmouth has moved into position to be the first customer in line now) and with some flourish says loudly "Would the next customers who are already in line like to be rung up now?"

All to beat Hell that was me! So I shoulder past the A-hole and the checker smiles and thanks me for "being so patient" and rings me up while other customers shoulder past him. The guy starts grumbling and I say to him "Dude! If you had just shut the hell up and gotten in line with the rest of us you probably would be out of here by now!"

The gal behind the counter says to me (not tooo quietly) "Gee. I hope that guy isn't married because I would feel sorry for his wife!" and I replied quite loudly "Nah! I hope he IS married, and she is a real BITCH!!"

So anyhow a month or so later I go in and the same gal is at my register (she's kinda cute too) and she recognized me and thanked me profusely because employees are prohibited from saying anything when customers are rude. After that she would always give me coupon discounts and such every time I came in.

If another customer is rude to a store employee I will generally set them straight. There is generally no reason to rip into a defenseless employee for something trivial (which it really always is. Isn't it?) and there is nothing holding me back.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 08-09-2013, 07:25 AM   #103
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1336 Times on 700 Posts
Likes Given: 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadyshot View Post
Things you see at walmart? Hmmmm, you know, when ever I hear the word Wal-Mart, I always think of that one line in the movie Star Wars: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy"

Oh, the humanity.....
Thanks for the images, Steadyshot...now I'm blind.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 08-09-2013, 07:35 AM   #104
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
Good lord!! One time we were at Walmart and this ridiculously loud fart shot out of nowhere so I yelled my husband's name because I thought it was him (and I wanted to make damn sure nobody thought it was me). When he yelled back that it wasn't him a man started pushing his cart really fast away from us while farting with the walking farts the whole time. I about wet my pants I was laughing so hard.
Good control...I would've been on the floor!

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 08-09-2013, 07:56 AM   #105
FTF_MODERATOR.png

VikingDad, I witnessed a clerk passively getting even and supported it wholeheartedly! This happened at a local food supermarket (not Wally World) and it was only medium busy. The man in front of me was a very well-dressed businessman, Italian leather shoes and Bluetooth headset that he made three calls into while waiting in line. When it was finally his turn to checkout, he was placing yet another call. The female clerk welcomed him politely and scanned a few things until she had a question for him which she directed at him politely. She was ignored because "Mr. business" was on his call and couldn't be bothered.

She stared at him a minute and then reached into her purse under the register, placed a call and started talking to someone about what to bring home for dinner. Mr. business eventually noticed nothing was moving and got off the phone. He addressed the clerk, who held her finger to her mouth in a "shush" movement! He stopped talking and stood there until she finished her call! The look on his face said he wanted to wring her neck! She put her phone away and said, "Well, now that we're both done with our calls, maybe you can answer my original question." He was so mad he was shaking! He answered her questions with one word answers and she very politely told him to have a nice day to which he snatched the bag off the counter and huffed out.

She apologized to me for the little scene and I told her it wasn't a problem, I loved every minute of it! She said she just couldn't take being treated worse than a self-checkout machine. I said when someone treats you as a subhuman servant, they deserve what they get. I never saw her again, but I hoped she got in a few more shots at people like that before she got fired. I can't stand it when everyone thinks all of the cr@p on their phone is more important than treating another person standing in front of them with dignity.

People Like This 
Old 08-09-2013, 11:42 AM   #106
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6860 Times on 3443 Posts
Likes Given: 7435

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
Good lord!! One time we were at Walmart and this ridiculously loud fart shot out of nowhere so I yelled my husband's name because I thought it was him (and I wanted to make damn sure nobody thought it was me). When he yelled back that it wasn't him a man started pushing his cart really fast away from us while farting with the walking farts the whole time. I about wet my pants I was laughing so hard.
My Wife has done the drop and scoot on me in stores before. Im sitting there quietly minding my own business and all the sudden im in the middle of a Toxic cloud of poo waft of my lovely wifes making! More than once, Ive warned her to move away from me when she does that, one of these days I will loudly call her out on the carpet, she's been warned!
Old 08-09-2013, 12:01 PM   #107
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
the thing is you are correct, but the fact that most customers don't know that. they go online and see a price and they expect when they go to the store, they will pay that price. most customers are not aware of corporate policies and when they find the item was one price online and then a higher price in their local store they are upset and have not a clue as to why.

why one price online, then a different one in the store is about as stupid as it gets. it's too confusing. and sure the minimum wage employee has not a clue and probably is of little help and can't do anything to change it, and many times their answers are what they are told to say. so upon hearing a scripted answer, it probably further angers the customer.

personally, if i look up an item online and it's available locally, i will pick up the phone and call the store and make sure they actually have the item and what is the store price. then i can make a decision whether to buy it or not and it does save me a lot of headaches.

i can see both sides of this problem and both of you have some very valid points.
What gets me is that they have the word "online" directly above the prices on their website and on many items they offer free to store shipping. Why don't they just honor the online price if it's a normally stocked item? Is it a stock boy and storage expense issue? Beats me, but it does no good to argue about it. All that does is jack up your blood pressure. If you don't like the policies, shop somewhere else or order online.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:21 PM   #108
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6860 Times on 3443 Posts
Likes Given: 7435

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
What gets me is that they have the word "online" directly above the prices on their website and on many items they offer free to store shipping. Why don't they just honor the online price if it's a normally stocked item? Is it a stock boy and storage expense issue? Beats me, but it does no good to argue about it. All that does is jack up your blood pressure. If you don't like the policies, shop somewhere else or order online.
Ive had the same arguments with the folks at Lowes and Home Depot. Most of the time I win by saying the other one will match the price if they wont (they will)! Sears does the same thing, the online stores are kinda separate entities so they dont usually play well together.

After Im done dickering and they cave, I show them My Army ID and make them take another 10% off, that sometimes makes them a bit pissed but, IDC. Like I wrote earlier, I rarely go to stores; Hardware and building supplies are the only exceptions, I get awesome deals most of the time even at the big box stores!

Heres a tidbit that some people may not know about Lowes and Home Depot- Anything marked clearance is just the starting price, in 90% of the cases, I can get them to go up to 50% off that clearance price cause they really need the space more than the items they are dumping. Sometimes you have to wait awhile for them to give in if they have lots of stock on the item but once they are down to a couple few, they just want the shelf space and will do anything to dump it. I pay 20 to 40% of retail on clearance most of the time.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:50 PM   #109

Liked 186 Times on 113 Posts
Likes Given: 148

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadyshot View Post
Things you see at walmart? Hmmmm, you know, when ever I hear the word Wal-Mart, I always think of that one line in the movie Star Wars: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy"

Oh, the humanity.....

I shop Wallyworld at 4 AM on Fridays so I can miss these pillars of society

Old 08-09-2013, 12:55 PM   #110

Liked 1098 Times on 658 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38

My Wife has done the drop and scoot on me in stores before. Im sitting there quietly minding my own business and all the sudden im in the middle of a Toxic cloud of poo waft of my lovely wifes making! More than once, Ive warned her to move away from me when she does that, one of these days I will loudly call her out on the carpet, she's been warned!
That is sooooo hilarious!!!!!