Store etiquette ? - Page 10
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Store etiquette ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2013, 12:48 AM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Oh I have a Walmart story. My wife and I went in our local walmart and got our fishing licenses last spring I think. I admit we didnt think to look at the info on the licenses after they were handed to us, we were busy I guess.

Couple weekends later fishing with her parents and took our 3 yr old son. She happened to look at her license while I was driving and thats when she noticed that the address was wrong on hers. Her name was right but her parents address was on there, she hasnt lived there since high school.

My license was completely wrong, wasnt my name or address, totally different guy.

We went in the same walmart, walked back to the sporting goods dept and procedded to explain the mixup to the guy behind the counter. After explaining the issue the guy said he would have to get his manager to override the system and fix it.

The manager showed up and listened to my wife's explaination for about 15 seconds before spouting off, "Theres no possible way we could have made that mistake!"

She kept saying the problem was in the DNR server and that the info has to match or the permit wouldnt have been cleared to print. My wife got pissed and made her read her drivers license and then the permit and then asked her, "Does it match?"

The manager refused to even check the system for the error.

We checked with DNR and they comfirmed our info and added that walmart makes this sort of mistake all the time.

I now refuse to buy my hunting/fishing licenses in walmart.
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380
People Like This 
Old 08-09-2013, 12:49 AM   #92

Liked 843 Times on 466 Posts
Likes Given: 1744

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSadPanda View Post
"I used to work at a Sam's Club". Past tense. I left because of the same BS that you stated. The fact that they even make money is amazing to me. My beef is that you lost your cool at somebody who has no influence over your situation. He /she couldnt have helped you even if they wanted to, and yet you screamed in their face. Thats just rude. Dont expect great "American retail" from somebody making minimum wage. Thats just unrealistic. If they had been insanely helpful would you have tipped them for their extra work? Doubt it. Nobody does.

For the record, i support your decision not to go into walmart. Its a smart move.
First off... WHEN did I say I "lost my cool" or "screamed" into anyone's face?? I got irritated... but NEVER yelled at them.
Second .... I do expect something called "pride in work" that very few people display regardless of were they work today... and regardless of how much they make either!! You might have had some bad experiences when you did work there... but do not project that on me. My story is not unique or out of the ordinary. Just read the other posts here!!
Lastly... Thank you for the support of me voting with my feet.... but I'm sure the executives at Walchinapuppet are crying in there beers over it... or how their worker's conditions and wages are for that fact (yeah... RIGHT!)

Last edited by NC1760; 08-09-2013 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Reread and edited for correct content

Old 08-09-2013, 01:15 AM   #93

Liked 460 Times on 315 Posts
Likes Given: 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760

First off... WHEN did I say I "lost my cool" or "screamed" into anyone's face?? I got irritated... but NEVER yelled at them.
Second .... I do expect something called "pride in work" that very few people display regardless of were they work today... and regardless of how much they make either!! You might have had some bad experiences when you did work there... but do not project that on me. My story is not unique or out of the ordinary. Just read the other posts here!! ...and leave my income (no matter how much YOU think that is) out of it!! I work just as hard as the next hump for EVERY $$$

Lastly... Thank you for the support of me voting with my feet.... but I'm sure the executives at Walchinapuppet are crying in there beers over it... or how their worker's conditions and wages are for that fact (yeah... RIGHT!)
Last couple things before we get this thread back on track.

You stated that you "yelled as i left the department.." You did yell. Not directly in someones face perhaps. (I read that wrong initially) And i did not say anything about how much you make or how hard you work. My point was; would you tip/reward someone for their extra hard work just as you would punish someone for their lack of hard work? Most people wont. They complain up a storm if something doesnt go their way, but if you go to hell and back to make a customer happy, they just say, "thanks! Bye!" Customers can supply lots of incentive for somebody to work hard, but again, most dont.

I think weve beat this conversation to death to be honest. You have a totally valid grievance and i apologize for being so angry in my response. I feel strongly on that subject. Back on topic!

The not price matching your own company is completely absurd. That IS poor customer service and simply shouldnt happen. Even if you do get a manager, only some are helpful.

I never minded people coming in and getting information then buying elsewhere. I was just happy to have people to talk to. I frequently sent people to other stores where there was a better sale or a better item for the same price. Why? Because those people will come back to my store because they know they can trust us to truly take care of them. Doesnt always work out though

My biggest pet peeve was when people come in just to argue. I had a handheld that told us our markup on all of our inventory, including tvs. Well most of our tvs fell between -10% and +10%. So this guy walks in and asks about the tv and says the price is a little high. I tell him that at that price, this store loses 3% on this tv. He begins to argue with me telling me i have no idea and that we are making a ton of money on this tv. We argued for 10 minutes before i said "sir, is there anything i can help you with?" With the implication that the conversation was over and if he didnt have any questions i was done there.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:59 AM   #94
fmj

Liked 754 Times on 438 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
Man, I stay out of the electric carts even when I really could use one sometimes. But I"m scared to death that some old person wont get one. Though it is many times some lazy ass that does it.No lie...I watched a guy on one of those things had trouble getting it how he wanted. He got up, walked round to the back and picked it up!! to move the ass end over a little. Now look, I think people need those things then more power to them.But me on a good day can leave my cane in the truck and would end up living the rest of my life in a clothes basket with no spine if I tried to pick up the rear of one of those things. The batteries weigh a good bit.

The people that do need em...? I'll help them get things off the shelves.It's just good karma and people are supposed to help each other. The wife things it's hillarious how I really try to watch my language around old people. Just a respect thing. But there will be some Darwin winner shopping with their 8 kids running amok and they are on a cell phone asking what their brother/husband wants for dinner.While giving the old person a mean look because they got the electric cart they wanted to start with.
...sometimes the filter just breaks...heh
Done these things numerous times!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnut07 View Post
I hate people in the 20 items of less line with 21 or more items. It says 20 or LESS not about 20 maybe less. Had one last night I had to go get Blue bell for the wife and the lady in front of me had 30 items in her cart in the 20 item or less and I had 1 pint of ice cream and my cash out ready to do. Do you think she could say Oh please go ahead. Nope then her 8 kids show up shoving past me whining screaming and complaining that she didn't get them toys. She paid with food stamps and Wic then walks out and gets in a BRAND NEW still had the dealer tag on it Caddy SUV not the little one either the super mega Tank sized one. Oh and it was rolling on BRAND NEW (Still had the stickers on them) 24" rims and tires.
THIS is a whole nother thread unto itself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I love that website and browse through it when I'm really bored.

That reminds me of a story. I was at a Pet Trade show once. If you were a breeder, they gave the buyer a discount. When I went to pay for my items, I was asked if I were a breeder. I said, "Yes. I have three children". After the clerk stared at me stupidly for a few seconds I said, "Oh, do you mean my pets? No, then, I am not a breeder." I'm not sure she ever got the joke.
This literally made me LOL...this is funny on multiple levels!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 08-09-2013, 02:14 AM   #95

Liked 249 Times on 166 Posts

image-1805698787.jpg

Lunch at the deli anyone?

Last edited by FrontierTCB; 08-09-2013 at 02:17 AM.
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 08-09-2013, 02:19 AM   #96
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1819 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontierTCB

Lunch at the deli anyone?
Good lord!! One time we were at Walmart and this ridiculously loud fart shot out of nowhere so I yelled my husband's name because I thought it was him (and I wanted to make damn sure nobody thought it was me). When he yelled back that it wasn't him a man started pushing his cart really fast away from us while farting with the walking farts the whole time. I about wet my pants I was laughing so hard.
People Like This 
Old 08-09-2013, 03:35 AM   #97

Liked 2611 Times on 1484 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Adds a whole new meaning to "farting around"...

Old 08-09-2013, 03:42 AM   #98
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1819 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Adds a whole new meaning to "farting around"...
Haha. I felt bad that I embarrassed the poor guy.

Old 08-09-2013, 03:44 AM   #99

Liked 2119 Times on 1351 Posts
Likes Given: 1217

He's gotta learn the "slip & slide".
Let one slip out, then slide over to the next aisle.

You can thank me later.

Old 08-09-2013, 04:33 AM   #100

Liked 2155 Times on 1181 Posts
Likes Given: 1393

I have bought several hunting and fishing licenses from the retards at Cabelas. The first one the idiot told me to sign the bottom of the license. The place where you sign AFTER you shoot your elk. It took them three times to get my son's youth license right.

But I got mine this year at Walmart. The guy behind the counter was top notch. He is a hunter himself. He asked me where we were going to hunt. He asked me if we had scouted it yet. He told us about his hunt last year. Very informed guy. It just depends on who you get to help you I guess.
Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.