Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Store etiquette ? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/store-etiquette-95123/)

Zombiegirl 08-08-2013 01:17 AM

We were at Walmart today and were looking for the shortest line. As we turned in towards one of the lines a girl (age 12ish) got there at the same time in front of us and was looking at the length of the line. She then motioned to her Mom to come over. I politely said "I'm sorry but we're already here". When she went back to her Mom the mother was saying loudly that I was mean and then complained for a while. If we get there at the same time and I have my cart there already, was I wrong to expect to check out next???? Or should I have waited for her Mom to come over from a few registers down and let them go first?

sdiver35 08-08-2013 01:22 AM

Not at all. The cart is what is needed to get in line not a 12 year old spotter. Consider where you were and the question answers itself :)

MisterMcCool 08-08-2013 01:22 AM

What kind of entitled, impatient, lazy person sends her child to scout for the shortest line and expects the other customers to wait while she waddles over from across the store to secure her place in line?

Zombiegirl 08-08-2013 01:31 AM

I'm glad to hear that because she was really pi$$ed. I was waiting for her to come over and try to argue with me.

therewolf 08-08-2013 01:31 AM

If there's any doubt, I just let them in. It's not worth it

dealing with the social interaction for all those poor,

mistreated souls.

But store etiquette? What about the clowns in checkout at

the Christmas season, who go through about 8 maxed out

cards, before properly paying for their purchase? Why do all

of us have to be victimized by waiting behind 3 or 4 of

these schmucks in every line?

Stores should adopt a new procedure. If your card won't

run, go to the end of the line. Then you can show them

loser card #7, AND GO TO THE BACK OF THE LINE AGAIN...

sbeezy 08-08-2013 01:36 AM

For some reason the picture in my head was the mom from here "comes honey booboo" being the lady in this scenario. I don't know if anyone here has been unfortunate to see that show. Lol.

I'd say you were right. Now if it was a little old lady it may be a different story but a friggin adult should know better. Hey, it's Walmart so what can you expect?

Zombiegirl 08-08-2013 01:37 AM

Speaking of general store etiquette, my pet peeve are the people who don't know how to use the self checkout and stand there for 10 minutes....or people with 50 items going in the Express Line.

Zombiegirl 08-08-2013 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbeezy
For some reason the picture in my head was the mom from here "comes honey booboo" being the lady in this scenario. I don't know if anyone here has been unfortunate to see that show. Lol.

I'd say you were right. Now if it was a little old lady it may be a different story but a friggin adult should know better. Hey, it's Walmart so what can you expect?

Lmao! Couldn't be Little Honey Boo Boo. She wasn't white. If it was an elderly person I would definitely not have minded.

Marthor 08-08-2013 01:41 AM

If she got in line ahead of you and has established her place in line, then it's OK to wave her mom over. If she left the line to go get her mom, then she lost her place in line... I believe this would stand up anywhere as proper line etiquette.

One person can get in line and establish a place hold for their party.

MisterMcCool 08-08-2013 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marthor
If she got in line ahead of you and has established her place in line, then it's OK to wave her mom over.

One person can get in line and establish a place hold for their party.

That's like saving a seat for someone who could not get to an event on time or reserving a poolside chair with a towel. I hate that.