Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Stop the Madness, Put an End to Daylight Savings Time! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/stop-madness-put-end-daylight-savings-time-80588/)

WebleyFosbery38 01-07-2013 09:35 AM

Stop the Madness, Put an End to Daylight Savings Time!

OK, this should probably be in the Conspiracy Section but I will leave it up to the Mod Squad! I think they are trying to mess with our heads when they just defy Physics and shift time!

Daylight Savings Time Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We spent Millions for research to find out interesting facts about humans like we have a thing called a "Circadian Clock" then go ahead and ignore the facts and play Time Shifters FOOG (For Our Own Good)! Somehow, they think the USA functions and uses NRG like it did in Industrial 1960's, 9:00AM to 5:00PM, wrong!

They change the time twice a year and screw my internal clock up big-time. I havent needed an alarm clock for 20 years to get up at 4:45 anyways but when they move the clock back an hour, I now get up at 3:45AM and Im falling asleep before 8:30PM!

This is also a Constitutional Issue. Who/ What gives them the right to mess with "my time" any more than they do just before the Tax Deadline in April????? Where is it written In our BOR's that any Government has the right to give and take my time without my permission?

Rant over............

John_Deer 01-07-2013 10:12 AM

mention this to your doctor. He can give you a sleep aid. In just a couple days your internal clock will be ticking properly. Take the medication on days you don't need to drive. You should be OK to drive but I have had problems on the day after.

texaswoodworker 01-07-2013 10:13 AM

Didn't one of the founders (Ben Franklin???) suggest daylight savings so that farmers would have more time to work with the sun out?

WebleyFosbery38 01-07-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texaswoodworker (Post 1083723)
Didn't one of the founders (Ben Franklin???) suggest daylight savings so that farmers would have more time to work with the sun out?

Could be TW, Ben was correct then but wrong now, probably Ben would Poo his Knickers if he saw how far weve moved technologically but even he would say enough mass time shifting! Tractors have great Lights on them and better Air and heat than some houses, the big ones run off a GPS and the driver only has to stay awake to fill and empty them! Big farms are running 24/7 now, Manufacturing and most Goods and Service Providers have more like an 18 hour a day shift variable than a 12 hour day typical in the 1800's, More like 24 hour in the "Big City".

I really hate the Idea of sleeping pills, probably better go for a couple of shots of JD before I hit the pillow, maybe that will change my clock. I wonder if I can write that off?....

NitroxAZ 01-07-2013 12:23 PM

One of the many things I love about Arizona. We don't observe that outdated concept. I am in construction and we simply adjust our start time to coincide with daybreak. I know many are ready to start using the term genius but I have never been comfortable with the term ;-)

ellis36 01-07-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texaswoodworker (Post 1083723)

Ha! He might have! Of course DST doesn't add more daylight, it just shifts the clock. Chickens wake up at dawn and go to roost at sundown…no matter the clock. You would of thought the farmers could have done the same. :)

hiwall 01-07-2013 03:06 PM

Just move down here and stop worrying about it!

PC167 01-07-2013 03:12 PM

Yup, get rid of it!

primer1 01-07-2013 03:52 PM

Where's the poll? I vote to s%$# can it!

Better yet, do it politically. I'll vote the same in two years.

pmanton 01-07-2013 07:24 PM

NitrozAZ has the answer. Move to AZ

Paul
Salome, AZ