Stolen Gun? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Stolen Gun?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2014, 04:00 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 548 Times on 333 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Pretty good, compared to what? Since most firearms are serialized, there is hope of recovery IF you have the serial number. Stolen guns stay in the NCIC computer FOREVER.
Luckily they had the original case the gun came in at home so they had the serial number on it. The thing about this that makes it more complicated is my sister bought the gun from a co-worker through a private sell, no transfer, (perfectly legal in her state) so who knows what kind of grief that could cause on both sides if the gun ever does come up.

Practice doesn't make perfect, it make permanent.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

Old 01-16-2014, 04:47 PM   #32

Liked 1134 Times on 821 Posts
Likes Given: 584

I run all my guns I buy through aprivate seller and I have had that the numbers come back on but for a different gun so that goes to show that many guns of diff makes and models share serial #s so dont go off that alone . I have NEVER had one stolen if I do , I have all numbers WITH descriptions and the gun usually has a mark that I put on and most of mine also have a note tucked inside about when , where , how , who and how much I paid for it , If I know , I also put where the seller got it from , as much info as I can with a love Dad at the end so maybe the kids will see it one day when Im gone .
Dont just keep one copy of your numbers and descripts , I have several , on computer and on paper .

I may have one or two I keep no record of as it would not be reported if it was stolen

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Old 01-17-2014, 08:22 AM   #33

Liked 181 Times on 134 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine
I may have one or two I keep no record of as it would not be reported if it was stolen
What would you not report? I can't imagine any scenario where I wouldn't report a stolen gun

Old 01-17-2014, 12:09 PM   #34
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1090 Times on 704 Posts
Likes Given: 242

On the way home from the delivery room at the hospital with your new born baby, do you walk in the house, and wonder where you are going to put little Johnny? Most likely not, as you have been planning, and have a baby's room all ready.

This is blunt, but if you have a gun or guns, and have no safe or safes, you have no business with guns.

A locked tin cabinet is not a safe.

Every gun not on your person, needs a secure safe for storage. No exceptions.
Safe needs to be UL rated for fire and burglary. It needs to be heavy, and bolted down.

Ammo also needs locked up, and it should have a separate safe, that is ideal.

Have five guns and no safe? Sell four of them, and take the money and purchase a safe.