Stolen Gun? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Stolen Gun?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2014, 04:39 PM   #21
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8934 Times on 5345 Posts
Likes Given: 11935

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Never got to fulfill that promise, he was a passenger in a car evading the police (about 6 months later). Car lost control, hit a tree, dead felon. And new felon as the driver caught 2 felony counts
Circle of Life in the world of thugs.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 01-12-2014, 06:44 PM   #22
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1451 Times on 860 Posts
Likes Given: 1

[QUOTE=robocop10mm;1480862]Pretty good, compared to what? Since most firearms are serialized, there is hope of recovery IF you have the serial number. Stolen guns stay in the NCIC computer FOREVER.

Compared to, say, cameras? How many folks have the serial number for their camera? Property like that gets purged from NCIC after 2 years.

I have had 2 stolen. They haven't turned up although one never will because I failed to add the serial number to my list. I have a notice on my desk right now to call the sheriffs dept. to keep it on the NCIC list. If I don't call by tomorrow they will remove it from the list.

I think my deadbeat brother is the culprit in both cases. He is in jail now for other crimes including stealing.

Old 01-12-2014, 07:57 PM   #23

Liked 128 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 32

I don't have any pro gun stickers on my vehicle,or any pro gun warning signs in my yard or anything else that could identify me as a gun owner.My vehicle carry is a Cobra FS380.A very cheap gun and I'm pretty sure it would work if I needed it and plus I'm not at a huge loss if my car got broken into and they got stolen.I would never leave a expensive Glock or S&W in it.
I have on a thumb drive and a book hidden away with pictures of all my firearms as well as descriptions (like holster wear,scratches,etc) and serial #s as well in case of theft I could give it to the police.I also keep all my receipts as proof they were legally purchased by me and I legally own.We do have a home security with all the bells and whistles,motion sensors,windows ,doors are all armed as well as motion detector lights.I would also recommend in getting a doorstop since deadbolts can easily be broken.We got one for inside and tested it and no matter how hard we tried,we couldn't get the door opened.A couple of Rottweilers and a pitbull patrolling the yard helps too.

Last edited by WillWork4Ammo; 01-12-2014 at 08:26 PM.

Old 01-12-2014, 11:47 PM   #24

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts

I've had guns stolen twice in my life. I was lucky enough to get um back. I had pics and SS# for the police report. Both times I found um at the local pawn shops.
10/22, MKII

Old 01-12-2014, 11:51 PM   #25

Liked 128 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishiggin29 View Post
I've had guns stolen twice in my life. I was lucky enough to get um back. I had pics and SS# for the police report. Both times I found um at the local pawn shops.
Hopefully they traced and arrested the dirtbags who stole them?Was it the actual thieves that sold them to the pawn shop?I can't believe someone would be stupid enough to do that since the police always check pawn shops for stolen items.I see them at my local pawn shops all the time checking stuff.
Every gun I buy used I run the numbers because the last thing I need is to be caught possessing a stolen firearm.

Last edited by WillWork4Ammo; 01-13-2014 at 12:02 AM.

Old 01-13-2014, 12:03 AM   #26

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts

Yeah they got um they had all there info on the paper work they had to fill out to sell um
10/22, MKII

Old 01-13-2014, 12:27 AM   #27

Liked 232 Times on 174 Posts

How do you run serials for being stolen?

Old 01-14-2014, 04:51 AM   #28

Liked 117 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 76

I've had 5 guns stolen. 2 of them were just recently recovered and are still sitting at the PD. Not really sure what is going on but the ATF agent that is handling the case isn't letting me have them back yet because the case is "still under investigation". I do still feel a little better knowing that they have been recovered but I really would like to get to at least hold them.

Old 01-14-2014, 07:22 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2452 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38
It should be a stunning punishment, were already equated with vermin scumbags because we both have guns, they deserve to find out just how different we are! I dont say every liberal is a pedophile just because they have a penis! Its what you do with the tool thats punishable or impeachable, not the fact one has a tool.
Judging from the reactions I've gotten when giving out bond or sentencing information over the phone to family members, here it is quite stunning.

Old 01-16-2014, 03:43 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 567 Times on 339 Posts
Likes Given: 235

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
So what did the boyfriend lose?
It was just a little Kel-Tec PF9. Not that expensive but for them it was expensive enough. Plus that would piss any of us off if a gun we had just gotten as a gift got stolen...or anything for that matter.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"