Stock certificates feared damaged by Sandy (DTCC vault flooded!)
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Stock certificates feared damaged by Sandy (DTCC vault flooded!)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2012, 07:40 PM   #1
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1902 Times on 1100 Posts
Likes Given: 3897

Default Stock certificates feared damaged by Sandy (DTCC vault flooded!)

Check this out:

http://buzz.money.cnn.com/2012/11/02/stock-certificates-sandy/

Trillions of dollars worth of stock certificates and other paper securities that were stored in a vault in lower Manhattan may have suffered water damage from Superstorm Sandy.

The Depository Trust & Clearing Corp., an industry-run clearing house for Wall Street, said the contents of its vault "are likely damaged," after its building at 55 Water Street "sustained significant water damage" from the storm that battered New York City's financial district earlier this week.

The vault contains certificates registered to Cede & Co., a subsidiary of DTCC, as well as "custody certificates" in sealed envelopes that belong to clients.

The DTCC provides "custody and asset servicing" for more than 3.6 million securities worth an estimated $36.5 trillion, according to its website.

"At this point, it is premature to make an accurate assessment as to the full impact of the water damage nor would it be helpful to project on what specific actions need to be taken with respect to our vault," said DTCC Chief Executive Michael Bodson in a statement. "We are aggressively working on this situation to minimize disruption to our clients and will provide additional updates as more information becomes available."

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-02-2012, 07:44 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Stock certificates can be reprinted. What's important is the records of ownership on computer.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 11-02-2012, 07:48 PM   #3
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1902 Times on 1100 Posts
Likes Given: 3897

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Stock certificates can be reprinted. What's important is the records of ownership on computer.
This is pulled from another forum:

It is the custody certificates..."in sealed envelopes".

Think about that for a second. Now, all of the bad securities created by the banks can be...perfected. "we had those assignements and documents, but they were destroyed by an act of God..." Derivative contracts. MBS. all of the criminal and treasonous paperwork was just washed clean.

Its like WTC 7, when the SEC "lost" all of the files and records related to fraud cases against thousands of companies like Tyco and Enron.

Its a get out of jail free card for the bankers.

It is a fix for missing paperwork.

Old 11-02-2012, 10:15 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8836 Times on 3824 Posts
Likes Given: 1366

OH NO! THAT IS WHERE ALL MY GUNS WERE STORED!

After that HORRIBLE boating accident.......

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 11-02-2012, 10:57 PM   #5

Liked 3858 Times on 1863 Posts
Likes Given: 701

Life lesson #265.

Never store paper products in a place named 'water street'.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

KG7IL Likes This 
Old 11-02-2012, 11:05 PM   #6

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

When you do business from a place where you are looking up at the ocean you know you're going to get flooded at some point. One would think they would take necessary precautions with such sensitive documents. It's like oh boy a hurricane leave the door open.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/