Steven Segal on A&E - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Steven Segal on A&E

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2009, 02:26 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 35 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzscubie View Post
Steven Segal is a putz, I can only imagine how much money they promised the Sheriff to swear in Segal as a Deputy. I would tell that armchair cop wannabe to stay the hell away from any call I’m dispatched to. He is going to get someone hurt with his theatrics.
Now I have to admit that is pretty funny

Old 12-12-2009, 02:45 AM   #32

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

I just watched a few episodes. Here is what I seen

1. A guy doing what he wants. +1
2. He wears a 1911 +1
3. He has two bad ass tear your ass up rip your nuts off GSD's +2
4. He visits a childrens hospital and gives out good toys not no named dollar store crap. +10000000000000000

When was the last time any of us visited kids in a hospital like that and made them hapy.

So he may be a putz but he is living life and I for one stand up for him on that.

He has worked with PETA before so I don't like that. But what ever no one is perfect. Not even the Tango.

Old 12-12-2009, 04:13 AM   #33
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 469 Times on 258 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Just watched one where he was shooting at the range, if that is him shooting, he is not bad. Don't know if it is camera tricks.

Old 12-12-2009, 07:15 AM   #34
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I think he's doing his best to be the next John Walsh with out such a great back story. Would like to COPS but that is too real. Claims to work with the Jefferson County PD for 20 years. That was an honorary appointment back when his movies sold. He is just trying to make a buck. Before this show came out did anyone including the NRA know he was a master shooter? No is the answer, just hype for the show. We all have to make a buck but this is just sad. I record the shows to DVR, seen about half and expect they are worth value for hummor. Just check his stance when he draws on a bad guy, it looks like my grandma holding her purse.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 12-12-2009, 08:49 AM   #35

Liked 2058 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

I watched his movies and he seems to be a better at acting then some are, what runned it for me was him saying he was a Navy Seal when he was not nor had ever been one.

Old 12-12-2009, 09:36 PM   #36

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Segal may have done some boneheaded things in his life (spousal abuse, Kelly LeBrock) but it seems that he has gotten his stuff together.
Although his movies are B rated, he does know his S****. Even the great Chuck Norris isn't that hot of an actor. But remember, all these guys and a few gals are martial artists first and actors, musicians, etc. second.
Steven Segal is a legit 7th dan in Aikido. That kind of dedication tells me a lot about the man. He may be overweight and a bit arrogant. If you don't like him, don't watch him. I do know that more than a few modern day gunmen say his all around shooting skills are very good. If you notice the way he holds, aims and fires his 1911 is all done out of the same stance that is used in his sword kata's.

"Tolerance is the Virtue of a man without Convictions" G. K. Chesterton

ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Considering the fact that the victim is the first one at the scene of a violent crime, I believe all law abiding citizens should be armed.

"Fast is fine, Accurate is final." - Wyatt Earp

Old 12-14-2009, 06:37 AM   #37

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Even the great Chuck Norris isn't that hot of an actor.
I fear for your very life. Although it will do you no good, please run far and fast.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:39 AM   #38

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

p.s. I don't believe Segal is a "legit" anything really, much less a 7th dan.

Old 12-14-2009, 11:37 AM   #39

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

From what I have read he was the first forginer to be allowed to open a dojo in Japan. That has to say Something. He was also a bodyguard for some tibetian monks daughter while she was in the USA studying in college.

Many on here bash him but he raises money to help kids with illnesses someof which are horrific to deal with. I don't see many of you doing this.

Look I think he is a hack actor as well yes he is portly So are 80% of us. SO Effing WHAT.

Old 12-14-2009, 12:23 PM   #40

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
From what I have read he was the first forginer to be allowed to open a dojo in Japan. That has to say Something. He was also a bodyguard for some tibetian monks daughter while she was in the USA studying in college.

Many on here bash him but he raises money to help kids with illnesses someof which are horrific to deal with. I don't see many of you doing this.

Look I think he is a hack actor as well yes he is portly So are 80% of us. SO Effing WHAT.
I was only disputing his rank, not all the good he does.

His father in law ran the dojo, from his account "Steven could be found just playing his guitar in the corner on a chair most of the time, not doing aikido."

Yes, he did do aikido and he is good at it I have no doubt, but who promoted him to 7th dan?

His own website only speaks of him being promoted to Sho-Dan (1st dan or degree blackbelt). It says he was "Rapidly promoted to 5th dan due to his position." Ok, that's just typical martial arts political bs for "I bought or famed my way into my rank."

I know all about political martial arts promotion BS. There are countless of kiddie blackbelts out there despite the age of 16 recently and 18 more commonly being the minimum age requirement by Asian standards. (Japan). I was 24 when I made Sho Dan and have only been promoted two ranks to San Dan since. (some due to my cancer hiatis for 10months).

Blackbelt factories or McDojo's are rampant anymore. I've met and trained with 20somethings that are "6th degree blackbelts" and they couldn't even do their own kata correctly.

Also,
Quote:
he claims to have been a policeman for 20 years. However, according to a December 2, 2009 Los Angeles Times commentary, POST has no record of this, and his deputy chief rank is ceremonial only.[
More hokey, where's the "Zen" in lying yet even more?

Let's just say I'm extremely leary about believing anything this guy spews out. He's been known to lie about just about everything.