Steven Segal on A&E - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Steven Segal on A&E


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2009, 04:08 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Las Vegas,Nevada
Posts: 1,657
Liked 31 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

I'll pass, thanx. I think I'd rather buy TrueBlood than Seagal's stuff.
AcidFlashGordon is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:29 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: everywhere
Posts: 9,639
Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Default

I was gonna stay out of this one, but...

Aikido is a boring art. If you looked at the lexicon of martial arts, and said "pick one that will look great in a movie," thumb wrestling would probably win out over Aikido. The man raised an interest in an art that most of the non-practicing community had never heard of.

While he has injected his politics into movies, none have been anti-2A. Some have been actually informative. The plight of all the people in Kentucky that he didn't kill in "Fire Down Below" touched me deeply.

I've had the energy drink. I assure you, it is beyond foul. And there is an after taste that reminds you of that for hours after the fact.

The bottom line is thus- He's a 60 year old guy that weighs gotta be 350, has a 1911 collection that J.D. would envy. He makes a bad movie every 6 months, but he's still working. He gets nothing but the hottest babes in said movies.

He lives life without care of what others think. That, in and of itself, has to be admired.
Benning Boy is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:00 AM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Rogers, AR
Posts: 6,262
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
I was gonna stay out of this one, but...

Aikido is a boring art. If you looked at the lexicon of martial arts, and said "pick one that will look great in a movie," thumb wrestling would probably win out over Aikido. The man raised an interest in an art that most of the non-practicing community had never heard of.
You're not kidding! Aikido is mostly making everyone else believe you can do something without actually having the ability to do it. Aikido seems to work well on other aikido players, not so much on anyone else except in Steven Segal movies,lol. The whole mystical 'ki' thing puts me off anyway.

Quote:
While he has injected his politics into movies, none have been anti-2A. Some have been actually informative. The plight of all the people in Kentucky that he didn't kill in "Fire Down Below" touched me deeply.
True. The colsing arguments he gives at the ends of some of his movies has made me stop and think a time or two.

Quote:
The bottom line is thus- He's a 60 year old guy that weighs gotta be 350, has a 1911 collection that J.D. would envy. He makes a bad movie every 6 months, but he's still working. He gets nothing but the hottest babes in said movies.

He lives life without care of what others think. That, in and of itself, has to be admired.
I do admire that, but that's pretty much it.

Gojubrian is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:32 PM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Stafford, Virginia,The state of insanity.
Posts: 14,043
Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts

Default

I guess you can't blam a man for pimping himself.

He does give to charity so he can't be all that bad.

He has a kick ass guitar strap. It is a snake with the head......



Not my kind of music but I have heard worse.

Last edited by cpttango30; 10-23-2009 at 12:36 PM.
cpttango30 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:36 PM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
markerdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Desert Southwest,Nevada
Posts: 381
Default

He also has an awesome collection of stratocasters, he did a concert in thailand a year or so ago. .................markerdown
__________________
USAF, Retired .. "From My Cold Dead Hands!"

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." ........ Edward R. Murrow
markerdown is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:48 PM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: everywhere
Posts: 9,639
Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Default

Heard him sing. Not great, not terrible either.

But he does play the hell out of a guitar.

I admire those with a full life. It says, at the very least, that you made the most of something.

Nailing Kelly LeBrock when she was still hot, playing rockstar, and being interesting enough to be the subject of a thread here are honors shared by only two men. Seagal, and Tango.
Benning Boy is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:18 PM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
OlPainless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 138
Default

I'll give credit to anyone who can set off a car's airbag with a half-assed forward kick.
__________________
I confess that I have no desire to confess.
OlPainless is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:34 PM   #18
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
notdku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hill Country,Texas
Posts: 5,563
Liked 702 Times on 388 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Default

I've always hated Steven Segal. He is a terrible actor. Same with JCVD.
__________________
Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.
notdku is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:16 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,154
Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
Nailing Kelly LeBrock when she was still hot,
Big fan here; i got respect for him when i found out he was with her. Alas, they haven't aged very well.
__________________
Dead Bears, the only good kind.
orangello is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:21 PM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: everywhere
Posts: 9,639
Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Big fan here; i got respect for him when i found out he was with her. Alas, they haven't aged very well.
Her downfall was her involvement with Tango. He tired of her, there was the kick to the curb, and the spiral began.

His downfall was when he realized he dropped Kelly LeBrock, and was never gonna do that well again in life. And there was no getting her back from Tango.
Benning Boy is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes




Newest Threads