Steven Segal on A&E - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Steven Segal on A&E

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2009, 04:08 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 31 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I'll pass, thanx. I think I'd rather buy TrueBlood than Seagal's stuff.

Old 10-23-2009, 04:29 AM   #12

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

I was gonna stay out of this one, but...

Aikido is a boring art. If you looked at the lexicon of martial arts, and said "pick one that will look great in a movie," thumb wrestling would probably win out over Aikido. The man raised an interest in an art that most of the non-practicing community had never heard of.

While he has injected his politics into movies, none have been anti-2A. Some have been actually informative. The plight of all the people in Kentucky that he didn't kill in "Fire Down Below" touched me deeply.

I've had the energy drink. I assure you, it is beyond foul. And there is an after taste that reminds you of that for hours after the fact.

The bottom line is thus- He's a 60 year old guy that weighs gotta be 350, has a 1911 collection that J.D. would envy. He makes a bad movie every 6 months, but he's still working. He gets nothing but the hottest babes in said movies.

He lives life without care of what others think. That, in and of itself, has to be admired.

Old 10-23-2009, 09:00 AM   #13

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
I was gonna stay out of this one, but...

Aikido is a boring art. If you looked at the lexicon of martial arts, and said "pick one that will look great in a movie," thumb wrestling would probably win out over Aikido. The man raised an interest in an art that most of the non-practicing community had never heard of.
You're not kidding! Aikido is mostly making everyone else believe you can do something without actually having the ability to do it. Aikido seems to work well on other aikido players, not so much on anyone else except in Steven Segal movies,lol. The whole mystical 'ki' thing puts me off anyway.

Quote:
While he has injected his politics into movies, none have been anti-2A. Some have been actually informative. The plight of all the people in Kentucky that he didn't kill in "Fire Down Below" touched me deeply.
True. The colsing arguments he gives at the ends of some of his movies has made me stop and think a time or two.

Quote:
The bottom line is thus- He's a 60 year old guy that weighs gotta be 350, has a 1911 collection that J.D. would envy. He makes a bad movie every 6 months, but he's still working. He gets nothing but the hottest babes in said movies.

He lives life without care of what others think. That, in and of itself, has to be admired.
I do admire that, but that's pretty much it.

Old 10-23-2009, 12:32 PM   #14

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts

I guess you can't blam a man for pimping himself.

He does give to charity so he can't be all that bad.

He has a kick ass guitar strap. It is a snake with the head......

Not my kind of music but I have heard worse.

Last edited by cpttango30; 10-23-2009 at 12:36 PM.

Old 10-23-2009, 02:36 PM   #15

He also has an awesome collection of stratocasters, he did a concert in thailand a year or so ago. .................markerdown

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." ........ Edward R. Murrow

Old 10-23-2009, 02:48 PM   #16

Heard him sing. Not great, not terrible either.

But he does play the hell out of a guitar.

I admire those with a full life. It says, at the very least, that you made the most of something.

Nailing Kelly LeBrock when she was still hot, playing rockstar, and being interesting enough to be the subject of a thread here are honors shared by only two men. Seagal, and Tango.

Old 10-23-2009, 03:18 PM   #17

I'll give credit to anyone who can set off a car's airbag with a half-assed forward kick.

Old 10-23-2009, 03:34 PM   #18
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 702 Times on 388 Posts
Likes Given: 729

I've always hated Steven Segal. He is a terrible actor. Same with JCVD.

Old 10-23-2009, 04:16 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
Nailing Kelly LeBrock when she was still hot,
Big fan here; i got respect for him when i found out he was with her. Alas, they haven't aged very well.

Old 10-23-2009, 04:21 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Big fan here; i got respect for him when i found out he was with her. Alas, they haven't aged very well.
Her downfall was her involvement with Tango. He tired of her, there was the kick to the curb, and the spiral began.

His downfall was when he realized he dropped Kelly LeBrock, and was never gonna do that well again in life. And there was no getting her back from Tango.

Newest Threads