Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Steven Segal on A&E (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/steven-segal-e-19311/)

Gojubrian 10-21-2009 09:38 AM

Steven Segal on A&E

Like him or hate him this guy just won't go away. All the hype surrounding him has apparently landed him a show on A&E.

Steven Seagal Lawman - A&E TV

Quote:

Steven Seagal Lawman - His movies have grossed more than $2 billion worldwide. He is an expert martial artist with a 7th-degree black belt in Aikido. He's considered to be in the same class of action heroes as Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger. However, Steven Seagal isn't just an action hero in the movies. For almost 20 years, Seagal has been working as a fully commissioned deputy with the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office in Louisiana. In addition to going out on patrol, Seagal is an expert marksman who has worked with their SWAT team and has instructed Jefferson Parish officers in firearms and hand-to-hand combat. Steven Seagal Lawman will allow fans to ride shotgun with Seagal as he and his hand-selected elite team of deputies respond to crimes in progress. Then, when Seagal goes off duty, the cameras will continue following him as he pursues his many ventures, including musical performances and philanthropic efforts in Jefferson Parish and New Orleans.
Everytime I think of him I just remember the time Gene LeBell choked him out on the set of 'Under Seige'

I wonder if he'll appear 15months pregnant on this new series?

cpttango30 10-21-2009 01:52 PM

I hear it is more like 24 months there GOju....

I used to like Seagal when I was a kid I then grew up and seen that he was nothing more than a fat guy that can swing his arms around really fast OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH scarry.

There is no way in the world he is at the level of Stallone and Schwarznegger as far as action hero icon. I think Even Will Ferrel in his Land of the Lost was a better action hero.

1919A4 10-21-2009 02:38 PM

I'd put real money on Chuck Norris to whip Segal any day. And these days, he reminds me of the bloated, corpulent, pre-overdose Elvis.

CA357 10-21-2009 02:59 PM

Well, he's certainly not John Barrymore, however, I enjoyed his movies.

cpttango30 10-21-2009 03:24 PM

I bet Charlton Heston could kick his azz. I think Clint would too.

1919A4 10-21-2009 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CA357 (Post 176132)
Well, he's certainly not John Barrymore, however, I enjoyed his movies.

Admittedly I liked his first ones, but when he started directing and writing, his constant moralizing and preaching that he wove into the story lines got aggravating quick. It wasn't as bad as Danny Glover in the Lethal Weapon movies, but it's annoying nonetheless when the actors start using the films to push their political views.

If I'm going to pay all that money to see action movies, I expect the actors to say little and just hit/shoot a lot of people while looking cool...and if the star is female, I expect to see her do it topless.

Gojubrian 10-22-2009 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1919A4 (Post 176144)
Admittedly I liked his first ones, but when he started directing and writing, his constant moralizing and preaching that he wove into the story lines got aggravating quick. It wasn't as bad as Danny Glover in the Lethal Weapon movies, but it's annoying nonetheless when the actors start using the films to push their political views.

If I'm going to pay all that money to see action movies, I expect the actors to say little and just hit/shoot a lot of people while looking cool...and if the star is female, I expect to see her do it topless.

Danny Glover did what?? :confused:

I liked Segal initially, but then he started talking,and talking, and talking...building himself up and not letting the truth stand in the way of his carreer not to mention other things in his personal life that I won't bring up.

What happened to his energy drink? :p

AcidFlashGordon 10-22-2009 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojubrian (Post 176378)
What happened to his energy drink? :p

He had an energy drink? If so, with the weight he's carrying, I'd say he drank it all. Those things are mostly sugar, anyway.

cpttango30 10-22-2009 11:19 AM

It is still there

Energy Drinks Steven Seagal's Lightning Bolt Energy Drinks, Cherry Charge and Asian Experience

The Official, Steven Seagal Store

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seagal's web site
All the moves millions have seen and admired in his movies are result of his genuine skill and expertise in the Martial Arts.

This dude needs to get over himself.

1919A4 10-22-2009 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojubrian (Post 176378)
Danny Glover did what?? :confused:

Watch the Lethal Weapon movies closely, not so much the first one but the subsequent ones. You will see blatant anti-NRA and anti-gun propaganda, from posters in the background to Glover's character's lines (and the whole story line in the third movie). You will also see pro-choice stuff, and the whole premise of the second movie, where the villains were South Africans, was at Glover's insistence, because he wanted to make a statement against the then-current government of that country. Glover is a huge Hollywood liberal and he's known in movie circles for trying to put as much of that crap into his roles as he can get away with. And since he's got the star power, he gets quite a lot of latitude when it comes to writing that stuff in.