Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Stereo Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2010, 11:40 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Default Stereo Question

I have a Technics SA-AX540 reciever and a Technics SL-PD8 5 disk cd changer. They are hooked together with a Monster Cables RCA patch cable (Red and White plugs).

Ok so you know the set up here is the problem. For a while now I can listen to movies from my Sony BD-350 Blu-ray player fine, tv will play fine, radio plays fine. When I go to play CD's though the sound varies from low to high in a almost constent wave low to high to low to high ect........ Anyone out there know my problem. I think I may need to crack the case on both and do a good cleaning. Seeing as these are 8 years old.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-22-2010, 12:16 AM   #2

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Where do you have the CD connected? What input? It sounds like you are overdriving the input of the Amplifier.

People get the government they deserve.

Old 05-22-2010, 12:43 AM   #3

It is hooked into the CD input.

Old 05-22-2010, 12:47 AM   #4

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I would try the AUX input if the Amp has one, just to see if it is the pre-amp that is either bad or the CD player itself.

People get the government they deserve.

Old 05-22-2010, 12:49 AM   #5

Liked 57 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

For the price of that Monster cable, you probably could have bought a normal wire and gotten a NEW receiver and CD player! I know this is no help, but I think Monster is a huge rip for anything other than maybe HDMI cables.

Speaking of HDMI....if you're not using one, you're not getting the most out of your BD player....provided your receiver and TV have HDMI inputs/outputs...just sayin'

Old 05-22-2010, 01:26 AM   #6

HDMI is used for the blu-ray and the directv box. Both are on high quality HDMI Cables. My wife about craped a cow when I told her I spend $200 on 2 cables. LOL......

I think I may need a new amp and if I do that I am going for a new changer as well.....

SO far here is the new receiver I like. Mainly because it offers HDMI Switching My tv has 3 HDMI ports and I have 4 HDMI devices (Blu-ray, Directv, Computer, Xbox 360) So this would simplify my life big time. Denon AVR-1910 Home theater receiver with HDMI switching and video upconversion at Crutchfield.com

Connect that with this Denon DCM-290 5-disc CD changer at Crutchfield.com

Old 05-22-2010, 11:07 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Tango, if your going to buy a new CD player, look at the Bose Wave Radio. These freak'n things are incredible. I gave my 200 watt amp and speakers to one of the kids, bought the concert wave radio and not one regret. I can turn that unit all the way up without any distortion except what I get from the wife "it's too loud, turn it down". Kind of reminds me of Joe's Garage.

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Old 05-23-2010, 06:21 AM   #8

Liked 39 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 20

In the market for a new amp, eh? I have a 750x2 watt magnetic field amp I'd let go for a fraction of it's value, but I take no responsibility for the fate of your ears or your relationships with your neighbors .

"Always carry a small flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. Furthermore, always carry a small snake." W.C. Fields

Old 05-23-2010, 07:22 AM   #9
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1771 Times on 1009 Posts
Likes Given: 3540

My Yamaha A-1020 Integrated Amp was doing that for awhile. I do not have the diagnostic tools, need to sent to local shop, currently the A-1020 is in the garage awaiting check-up. Poor thing purchased in 1986 dual voltage. She has served will of all the moves and storage.

I fear the worst!

I picked up a Yamaha receiver from the military exchange online, saved $300 and almost $500 from what best buy was offering. Need to re-adjust the speaker layout. Not easy with Infinity SM series in the living room!

Last edited by Bigcountry02; 05-23-2010 at 07:24 AM.

Old 05-24-2010, 06:31 AM   #10

Likes Given: 1

I have a Denon receiver, 7.1 channels. Very good sound and flexible. They also make a very good CD player. The last one I had I wore out and couldn't afford to replace it. I think you can beat Crutchfield's prices with a little research.

Newest Threads