1) Best indigenous food: Smithfield Ham DUhhhhh our BBQ is rather good as well.
2) Biggest plus to living there: I get to OPEN carry without a permit or lic. Just strap it on and go walk around town. History Virginia is where something like 90% of the civilwar took place. SO there is lots to see and do all the time. Ground Hogs thats all I have to say.
3) Biggest minus: All the scum suckers from DC live here WONDER WHY.
4) Weirdest wildlife: Hookie bird (Virginia Tech mascot) yes Hookies are castrated male turkeys.
5) A word or phrase that an outsider wouldn't understand: Itís the south pick one there are so many.
6) Local boy or girl who made good: Sandra Bullock, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, get the hint
7) Gun laws: Very easy. You can own and shoot just about anything. If you are former military all you need is $25, DD214 and state paperwork to get a carry permit. If it takes longer than 3 weeks you application is your carry permit till you get the yes or no in the mail.
8) Biggest misconception the rest of us might have about your state: We are not all road kill eating rednecks.
9) The thing an outsider should never do: crash another man deer stand. You may end up in the cooler.
10) Restaurant: In my area Virginia BBQ and a few other places. Carls Ice Cream in Fredericksburg. Come right at sun down and see old cars cruise by as you wait in line for 2 hours to get the best ice cream on the east coast. Capital Ale House If you likky some beer then the Beer menu will blow your socks off here. Capital Alehouse
11) Oddest Laws:
a. It is legal
for a man to beat his wife on the courthouse steps so long as it is before 8:00 pm.
b. Not only is it illegal to have sex with the lights on, one may not have sex in any position other than missionary.
c. If one is not married, it is illegal for him to have sexual relations.
d. No one may wash a mule on the sidewalk.
e. It is illegal for a woman to drive a car up Main Street in Waynesboro unless her husband is walking in front of the car waving a red flag.