Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > State Mythology Series: Cali

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2010, 07:11 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Default State Mythology Series: Cali

Yeah, yeah, I know, but face it, some of our best members come from there.

I spent 3 years at Planet Ord, in the Monterey/ Seaside/ Salinas region.

When I flew into Monterey, they lost my luggage, and I spent 3 days in shorts and a T shirt, in a freezing cold area where the fog never lifted. I knew I wasn't in Kansas anymore.

Alot of tarantulas, alot of iceplant, many beautiful ladies (all obviously from somewhere else, come to Cali to make it big, think about it).

What would you free people like to know?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-05-2010, 07:20 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Is it true that Cali has more trailer parks than MS & AR combined?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 01-05-2010, 07:26 PM   #3

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Is it true that Cali has more trailer parks than MS & AR combined?
I partied all over the state, saw only one trailer park, but I kept to the cities, except for Gilroy, Garlic Capital of the World.

Old 01-05-2010, 07:50 PM   #4

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I spent 4 years in various parts of Cali.

Look up a town called Oroville. That whole TOWN is one big friggin trailer park. It is also the town with the most people on parole, per capita, in the state. Why? Because Oroville gets a stipend from the state to alloy paroled folks to live there. Nice, huh?

Black Bear Diner. It started there and is one of the best breakfast places ON THE PLANET!!

Chico. Home of Chico State University. You want to know what the Playboy Mansion looked like 20 years ago? Come to Chico on Halloween, get a hotel room, sleep late in the day, go out about 2300hrs and BRING A FRIGGIN CAMERA!! You will thank me!!

Lake Shasta? Great boating and fishing.

Mt Shasta? Great boarding and skiing.

San Fran? Lots of money and great culture. Tarantino's restaurant. Save your money, the food sucks.

Sacramento should be bombed off the map. Along with Oakland. There is just no use for either place really.

Gilroy was awesome. People there are mighty friendly. They also have frequent Earthquakes that scare out of town folks... LOL

Old 01-05-2010, 08:01 PM   #5

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

So a bunch of us take the bus to San Fran.

Bus stations are always in the crap part of town, and San Fran's, IIRC is on Market St., ghey epicenter.

We make our way to Haight Ashbury, everyone tries to sell us acid, it's unbearably hot, and a man is running around in a suit made of stuffed plush animals.

More wandering, and we find Big Al's, an adult store that's featured as backdrop for every action film of the 70's-80's that takes the hero to San Fran.

We decide to go in, just goofing off. We leave, my bud from Kentucky has a bag.

"Whaddya buy?", we ask.

"Nuthin!" he replies, squirrely as hell.

We snatch the bag, and my boy had purchased an inflatable sheep. The "I love ewe."

"It's for a prank!!", he insists.

Long, akward ride home.

Old 01-05-2010, 08:15 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

California good stuff: Lake Tahoe, the Sierra Nevada mountains, the Mojave Desert, Yosemite National Park, Giant Redwoods, Napa Valley and a stunning coastline.

You can swim in the Pacific and snow ski in the mountains all in the same day.

The bad stuff: You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a liberal. High prices, outrageous taxes, out of control nanny state government, eco nutcases, vegetarian tofu eating treehugging politically correct fruitcakes. Oh yes, the largest illegal alien population in the Country and violent gangs. Urban sprawl, regulations out the wazoo. In fact in Davis, CA smoking isn't allowed on the streets.

Last, but certainly not least, Nancy Pelosi, Barbara Boxer, Doris Matsui, Diane Feinstein and Arnold, the Governator.

Other than that, it's a paradise.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 01-05-2010, 08:20 PM   #7

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Carmel did have the greatest Mexican restaurant ever, El Torito's, I think.

Old 01-05-2010, 09:40 PM   #8

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Three best places to eat in CA

Louis Cairo's OMG this **** is good. Gotta have the Louis bread. Louis Cairo's: Home

The Franciscian on the Warf in Ghay Bay.

the Ilalian Cottage in Chico Ca great Italian food and great prices saw dust on floor.

Hal's eat'em up in Red Bluff Ca OMG tater tots to make sonic cry in shame of the crap they put out. Best burgers in Northern CA.

Indian Gambling is all over the place.