Starting my new job next week
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Starting my new job next week

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2009, 05:44 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Starting my new job next week

So I the other day I get an email telling me that I can no longer work out of the office I'm currently in and I have to work out of our corporate office. This coming not 8 weeks after I asked to work at my current location, moving my family, my wife landing a job teaching in a local school and they want me to commute 95 miles one way, 5 days a week. My wife was HOT!!! She was more upset then I was. I played with it for a few days and today was the last straw, I told them I would work til the end of the day but I was quiting and they told me to hit the door so I did.
I start my new job, restoring Broncos and doing fab work on Monday. The guy I help with Broncos has a paint/body guy that needs some help and my dad also needs help. Gent's I am getting paid to work with talented men and learn every single aspect of car restoration. Bronco guy = sheet metal work, fabrication. My dad = anything and everything drivetrain. Paint/body guy = do I really need to explain??
I already know some of this stuff but I can learn a great deal from all of these men with hands on experience and they are all willing to pay me to do it. I'm excited, just thought I'd share. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a Kimber to clean....

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-28-2009, 05:52 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Really awesome news Spitty! I know you have been unhappy there at your former job for quite a while.

Congratulations....

But, uh, does that mean we won't be seeing as much of you around these parts now??

JD

Old 08-28-2009, 05:53 PM   #3

Very good! Hope you enjoy it.

I had to get out of the automotive business because I got burned out. I was more in a maintnance/repair section of the business but custom work should be fun. Just don't be surprised if the work is a bit thin. All the custom shops around here have seen a drastic decline in work, and several have closed entirely. Doing something that you enjoy definitely makes working much easier and if you have another income to help out you have a bit less stress about your paycheck. Congratulations and enjoy!

Old 08-28-2009, 06:04 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Really awesome news Spitty! I know you have been unhappy there at your former job for quite a while.

Congratulations....

But, uh, does that mean we won't be seeing as much of you around these parts now??

JD
I probably will be in and out. Currently I'm working 3-4 days a week, sometimes 5. It's OK though, I'm getting paid more so I actually bring home the same in 3 days as I have been in 5(insurance has been running my life). When I'm working, I wont be here as much but when I'm off I should be around. Hunting season is opening soon so I will be doing as much hunting as possible on my days off. Oddly enough, my wife supports this. It's very relaxing for me and it brings home meat, she likes meat(leave it alone pervs). I feel another thread coming....

Old 08-28-2009, 06:04 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Honestly, it sounds like the old job didn't really value employees; that is a good reason to move on for a skilled/educated worker, IMO.

Congrats!

Old 08-28-2009, 06:11 PM   #6

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Hot Digidy Dog! Good for you and the wife Spitty. I know you have been unhappy where you were at. You gotta do what you love and sounds like ya are doing both, cars and the wife! Congrats Bro!

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 08-28-2009, 06:20 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Honestly, it sounds like the old job didn't really value employees; that is a good reason to move on for a skilled/educated worker, IMO.

Congrats!

You're dead on with that one. They didn't give a rats behind about any of their employees. Nevermind that I earned them between double and tripple my salary ever month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
Hot Digidy Dog! Good for you and the wife Spitty. I know you have been unhappy where you were at. You gotta do what you love and sounds like ya are doing both, cars and the wife! Congrats Bro!

Jack
LOL....yes, yes I am.

Old 08-28-2009, 06:21 PM   #8

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Spitty, I know what that feeling of weight lifting off your shoulders is like! Enjoy it and celebrate it with the Mrs.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 08-28-2009, 06:26 PM   #9

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Spit, congrats! Life is waaayyy too short to spend 1/3 of it doing stuff you don't like. Better for health and peace of mind as well.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 08-28-2009, 07:51 PM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Congrats. Do what you love. It will make life a lot easier...