starbucks "buycott" media attention - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > starbucks "buycott" media attention

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2012, 11:38 PM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10402 Times on 4487 Posts
Likes Given: 1653

Blue- get some Hawai'ian coffee. They grow GREAT coffee- Kauai, Molokai, Maui, Kona side Big Island- they are even growing some on North Shore Oahu, up near Haleiwa.

Tastes like coffee SMELLS. I have friends there- I keep them supplied with Jumbo Virginia peanuts and BBQ sauce- they keep me supplied with coffee beans. Got a little electric coffee grinder- grind, dump into pot, brew.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:18 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerBlue View Post
Ok, you have my attention. Looks great. I can get some Costa Rica beans at Trader Joes. But how does it work? like a French Press?

just Youtube watched. I just might get one
I've been through countless drip coffee makers, 3 or 4 french presses, and an Aeropress. The Chemex is the most elegant and, IMHO, makes the best tasting cuppa. Even cheap grounds taste good. I recommend the round filters as the square ones stick up kind of awkwardly.

I kind of like the ritual of grinding the beans, boiling the water and pouring it over. It wakes me up in the morning before the coffee even hits my lips. I think I'm even going to ditch the electric grinder for a hand crank model and go even more "low-tech".

Oh, and just so I'm not guilty of hijacking the thread, did anyone see THIS? Apparently a Starbucks in Fort Worth rejected the $2 bills as counterfeit AND called the cops on the "demonstrators" outside. Good grief.

http://www.itstactical.com/centcom/its-information/starbucks-appreciation-day-aar-the-buycott-and-counterfeit-2-bills/

"If some monster tries to rape or murder a woman I care about, I dont want him to see the flickering light of a candle. I want him to see a muzzle flash, from the front." -- Massad Ayoob

Last edited by boomenshutzen; 02-17-2012 at 12:22 AM. Reason: edited to make the link more obvious

Old 02-17-2012, 12:57 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1315 Times on 780 Posts
Likes Given: 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Blue- get some Hawai'ian coffee. They grow GREAT coffee- Kauai, Molokai, Maui, Kona side Big Island- they are even growing some on North Shore Oahu, up near Haleiwa.

Tastes like coffee SMELLS. I have friends there- I keep them supplied with Jumbo Virginia peanuts and BBQ sauce- they keep me supplied with coffee beans. Got a little electric coffee grinder- grind, dump into pot, brew.
how do us mere mortals get some of that?

Chemex?

I read somewhere, there is a perfect temperature for brewing coffee. Somebody actually studied it, and IRC it had to be 204F +/- 2

Old 02-17-2012, 01:47 AM   #14
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 10402 Times on 4487 Posts
Likes Given: 1653

Best way is to spend enuff time in Hawai'i that you are considered to be Kama`aina (Hawai'ian for local boy) but if you can't do that....

http://ferraricoffee.com/

It AIN'T cheap, but DAYUM it's good. Go for 100% Kona- Blend is only 10%.

Old 02-17-2012, 02:07 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
how do us mere mortals get some of that?

Chemex?

I read somewhere, there is a perfect temperature for brewing coffee. Somebody actually studied it, and IRC it had to be 204F +/- 2
http://www.chemexcoffeemaker.com/

All will be explained there.

"If some monster tries to rape or murder a woman I care about, I dont want him to see the flickering light of a candle. I want him to see a muzzle flash, from the front." -- Massad Ayoob

Old 02-17-2012, 05:28 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1315 Times on 780 Posts
Likes Given: 246

you ain't kidding that stuff is EXPENSIVE! Dark or regular? Is it vacuum sealed? Should I buy whole bean and a grinder and grind as needed?

Old 02-17-2012, 05:31 PM   #17

Liked 865 Times on 559 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

They make pre-ground coffee?