You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

star wars fans unite

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2012, 05:44 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4328 Times on 2784 Posts

Default star wars fans unite

Ok, dorks, admit the truth that the six movies is the greatest fictional story ever. It shows how good triumphs over evil, no matter how powerful evil appears. Action, adventure, romance, etc.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-11-2012, 05:51 AM   #2
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 14066 Times on 5947 Posts
Likes Given: 2340

Not to mention freely swiping from the classics that are no longer in copyright- or did you miss the Oedipus Rex connection there?
People Like This 
Old 07-11-2012, 08:21 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter
Not to mention freely swiping from the classics that are no longer in copyright- or did you miss the Oedipus Rex connection there?
Yes, there are too many similarities with the oepidus tale too ignore. Can you go to any stores and buy some oepidus action figures, board and video games, shirts, etc? With star wars there is an entire section of devoted shelves.

And yes, it might be another example of a capitalist economy gone wild. These movies have had a cult following for 35 years, is the disneyworld section still open?

The special effects were mesmerizing for its day, and it was the highest grossing movie fors

Old 07-11-2012, 08:25 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Sorry wrong dum phone button...
It was the highest grossing film for years running. The whole series is highest grossing behind harry potter (I can't see the appeal at all), and James bond (yes, very appealing.)

Old 07-11-2012, 09:02 AM   #5

Liked 719 Times on 470 Posts
Likes Given: 1952

Looks like we've got ourselves some closet fans on here...
I know we've more Star Wars fans than this.

Prepare for EPIC-NESS.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Last edited by sputnik1988; 07-11-2012 at 09:09 AM.

Old 07-11-2012, 10:52 AM   #6

Liked 1114 Times on 687 Posts
Likes Given: 2437

Checking in...you cant expect too much of a reply at 4am fellas...

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 07-11-2012, 11:07 AM   #7
bkt

Liked 1306 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Lucas' original plan of a trilogy of trilogies would have made for a more complete story with better character depth, but yeah, they rank high for me.

The story itself isn't particularly deep or inspiring; it's another good guy v. bad guy story and what makes it interesting are the venues in which it takes place and the nifty gadgets and ships.

Generally, the acting was mediocre at best. Two scenes which actually brought out the talent of some actors were the lightsaber fight between Obi-wan (Ewan McGregor) and Darth Maul (Ray Park), and when Amidala emotionally appeals to Anakin on Mustafar. A possible third scene...there was a hint of good acting from both Obi-wan and Anakin (Hayden Christensen) after their fight and Anakin's legs and arm had been neeped off and he was frying next to the lava. Otherwise, it's the special effects that carry the movies.

Hands down, Empire Strikes back was the best of the lot. Props to Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher in that movie.

Jar-jar should have been made into a bisque immediately after his character was introduced. Ewoks? Really? Oy. Many of the other alien characters stunk on ice, too.

As a tribute of appreciation to SW, I did buy an Arctic S3 blue laser from Wicked Lasers
star wars fans unite - The Club House

...and I quickly learned something. To produce a beam of light powerful enough to do what lightsabers do would result in instant blindness just by powering the thing on.

This laser is stoopid-bright - you MUST wear eye protection when using it - and while it will cut and burn things, it's only 1 watt...not quite up to lightsaber standards.
People Like This 
Old 07-11-2012, 12:32 PM   #8
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 14066 Times on 5947 Posts
Likes Given: 2340

"has a cult following...." HAH! No joke! Stars Wars 1 was the first movie our 2 youngest ever saw in a theatre. 1977

Our baby girl (age 1 at the time) became instantly addicted to popcorn, and I swear her eyes never left the screen for the entire movie. DID NOT BLINK.

Youngest son- age 4, had a near religious experience. He is still collecting light sabers and action figures. Think I still have one of his X-wing fighters in the basement.

Seriously, am not knocking the series. They did a great job of creating a product that appealed to people. Still does. Quality of acting and plot? Brother, go back and watch Clint Eastwood in the "Fistful of Dollars" series- and try not to cringe- yet those are still favorites. Some of the best flicks are the ones that are just plain fun and escapism.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:40 PM   #9

Liked 1917 Times on 992 Posts
Likes Given: 1456

I prefer Peter Jackson's 'Lord of the Rings' films, and I really, really liked the first three SW movies. Still do.
notdku Likes This 
Old 07-11-2012, 03:36 PM   #10
fmj

Liked 755 Times on 439 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Then Lucas goes and puts copyrights so tight they are nearly punishable by death on EVERYTHING. Funny how that works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
I prefer Peter Jackson's 'Lord of the Rings' films, and I really, really liked the first three SW movies. Still do.
Yep, The Hobbit and Lord of the rings were and still are my favorite books...so glad Jackson did a good job on the movies.

Star wars 4, 5, and 6 (the original 3 movies) were GREAT for their day, i was enthralled with them, i was just a kid at the time.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!