Stage 3: Commencing Countdown - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Stage 3: Commencing Countdown

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2010, 03:47 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusLach View Post
Shifty bastards...
My vote's just going to go to the lesser of two evils I think... Only problem is, I can't figure out who's less evil!!!

Yeah tell me about it.

Looking through all these OS sites where you can pick up holsters for 25 bucks...its kinda tormenting. And don't talk to me about ebay lol

As for the election - far be it for me to turn this thread into an anti-Green rant (well anymore than it already is, lol). Much as that is my natural inclination, but both Labor AND the Libs are preferencing them in my electorate, can you effin believe that?

Labor yeah you expect that...but the LNP too? WTF is up with that?

Liberals are only doing this in 3 electorates in the whole country - Sydney, Melbourne and Grayndler (wherever the hell that is). Giving it to the Greens just so Labor doesn't get them. Sydney is a safe Labor seat by 18%, Greens will come 2nd, hence the Libs don't even bother So I don't bloody know now!

The only how-to-vote junk mail I've received so far is from the Communists...and he only got 67 votes last time from memory lol

At least we have the Shooters Party in the Senate.

Illigitimi Non Carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Old 08-18-2010, 03:59 AM   #12

zhuk,
I can't imagine living under the laws yall do. I do believe we would see an armed revolution if those types of laws were ever passed here.

Old 08-18-2010, 04:36 AM   #13

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by A5Mag12 View Post
zhuk,
I can't imagine living under the laws yall do. I do believe we would see an armed revolution if those types of laws were ever passed here.

Which is why its useful to be armed to begin with And Texas has no problems in that regard, am I right? lol

For a whole lot of reasons this has has not ever been and cannot be so here, at least in any foreseeable future.

Ireland, on the other hand...

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/go-ireland-go-ireland-30555/#post333651

Quote:
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Old 08-18-2010, 06:01 AM   #14

Liked 40 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuk View Post
Yeah tell me about it.

As for the election - far be it for me to turn this thread into an anti-Green rant (well anymore than it already is, lol). Much as that is my natural inclination, but both Labor AND the Libs are preferencing them in my electorate, can you effin believe that?

Labor yeah you expect that...but the LNP too? WTF is up with that?

At least we have the Shooters Party in the Senate.
That's true, I can't believe that the Coalition is preferencing them either! I haven't changed my address on the electoral roll yet so my vote will be going to our local independant who does a good job and wins pretty much unopposed every time, but in the Senate the Shooters Party will definitely be at the top of my list!

As for the Greens I don't think there's a lot we can do about it; although they definitely won't have the majority of seats, they will have the swinging power if it turns out that Labor and the Libs have a similar amount... So for the next three years at least it looks like we'll have to put up with Abbott and whoever stabs Gillard in the back next constantly licking the arse of Bob Brown hoping for his backing! (Although he'll probably quite enjoy it, I'm sure the rest of us will pay)

Sorry for hijacking your thread lol, but I thought if I started one of my own it's only be you and I understanding it anyway! Congrats on your PTA, and good luck with the shopping!

Old 08-19-2010, 01:34 AM   #15

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusLach View Post
That's true, I can't believe that the Coalition is preferencing them either! I haven't changed my address on the electoral roll yet so my vote will be going to our local independant who does a good job and wins pretty much unopposed every time, but in the Senate the Shooters Party will definitely be at the top of my list!

As for the Greens I don't think there's a lot we can do about it; although they definitely won't have the majority of seats, they will have the swinging power if it turns out that Labor and the Libs have a similar amount... So for the next three years at least it looks like we'll have to put up with Abbott and whoever stabs Gillard in the back next constantly licking the arse of Bob Brown hoping for his backing! (Although he'll probably quite enjoy it, I'm sure the rest of us will pay)

Sorry for hijacking your thread lol, but I thought if I started one of my own it's only be you and I understanding it anyway! Congrats on your PTA, and good luck with the shopping!

Hey hijack away Aus...it seems to have become a defacto election rant anyway lol

What freaks me out personally (and I don't know if its just rampaging paranoia or not) is the prospect of Senate control going to the Greens' heads & they decided to blackmail whoever ends up in Govt...like saying "We won't pass your legislation or will block Supply unless you agree to implement some of our policies..." (and we can guess what a few of THOSE might be )

Might be paranoia, but Lee Rhiannon used to be the Convenor for the "National Coalition for Gun Control" ie those whackjobs who got in Howard's ear in '96, and scream up a storm about how evil the SSAA is and all the bloodthirsty rednecks it represents are every time some criminal goes mental with a firearm

And let's face it, this sort of thing has happened before when Supply got blocked after Whitlam & the Khemlani loans affair...I was only in primary school at the time but remember it as my parents were dyed-in-the-wool Liberal supporters...all Govt money was frozen, no public servants got paid, things kinda ground to a halt. So there's a precedent.

Would they be batsh1t-insane enough? They've never had power in their own right before, so only time will tell. And yes the 'Brown'-nosing (pun unintended lol) is going to be excruciating

Back on topic heh, think I've found somewhere in Burleigh Heads (of all places!) which sells holsters...possibly even LH. Fingers crossed...

Quote:

Old 08-19-2010, 10:34 AM   #16

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

You see the Chaser's "Yes We Canberra!" on ABC last night Aus?

You know, I almost felt patriotic after that lol

I think they've helped keep the country sane these last few weeks

Quote:

Old 08-20-2010, 07:17 AM   #17

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default Drugs are bad, mmkay?

Don't think there's ever been an election campaign as entertaining as this one

This is priceless!

Pipe dreams

Knock Knock. ''Who is it?'' ''It's me, Dave, man. Open up, I got the stuff.'' ''Dave's not here.'' ''No man, I'm Dave man … etc.'' So runs the old Cheech and Chong routine of the 1970s but the joke is still running at Nimbin.

The Help End Marijuana Prohibition (HEMP) Party again has failed to obtain registration as a political party.

According to Michael Balderstone, of the Hemp Embassy in the north coast town, party status was lost when Australian Electoral Commission representatives started phoning dopers to confirm their membership but many hung up thinking they were narcs. Registration was refused.

Hemp lodged a new application this year. The AEC started phoning stoners. Some hung up, paranoid. Another called Sunflower could not convince the AEC she was for real. The days kinda drifted by and then Gillard called the election and now the Hemp Party is nowhere.

Balderstone said Australian does not know what it missed: ''Imagine, instead of the current incredibly dull campaign, there were a bunch of excitable and photogenic 'polite force' officers carrying around a giant 42-foot inflatable scoobie!''

www.smh.com.au - One day to go

Too paranoid to confirm their registration...lol

You just have to love this

Quote:

Old 08-20-2010, 11:48 PM   #18

zhuk,

I'm sure you have answered this time and again but just how long from start to finish does the average gun purchase take down there any way?

I really hate to see things the way they are for yall. I used to think Australia would be a fantastic place to retire to,(dreamed about it actually) to get away from the crowds we have here. But now it looks that I would only be coming down to get shot by the law or thrown in jail.