Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Stage 2: Ignition!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2010, 05:54 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

OK...the lowdown!

Got a great (for our ridiculous prices) deal - $950 (usually $995-1080) with the usual 2 mags, loader etc. $1250 all up with 4 extra magazines (not particularly overkill for IPSC heh)

A case may be available; LH holster...hmm, much more difficult. The shop is going to try their best to source one; really crossing my fingers on this. Not much point looking for anything online as I would have to have a 'Prohibited/Restricted Imports licence'! (for a piece of moulded plastic, ffs!) Even if I got someone to buy one elsewhere and send it you'd still run into the same trouble trying to get it into the country, apparently. The guy serving said someone once tried to import a scope from OS and he had a hell of a time trying to get Customs to release it

The more I find out about our laws (and personally I thought I couldn't be surprised anymore ) the more I hate John bloody Howard lol

The shop gave me a whole bunch of blank PTAs, so there's one thing I can get onto straight away. Also, they can extend a permit if the gun hasn't been imported/cleared Customs by the end of the 3-month expiry date, which is kinda useful.

Hopefully won't have to wait that long...

Illigitimi Non Carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Old 06-25-2010, 07:21 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuk View Post
Got a great (for our ridiculous prices) deal - $950 (usually $995-1080) with the usual 2 mags, loader etc. $1250 all up with 4 extra magazines (not particularly overkill for IPSC heh)

A case may be available; LH holster...hmm, much more difficult
Good job on the extra mags! The first thing i picked up for my XD45, other than ammo, was 4 extra mags at a gunshow. I keep a couple loaded with some hollowpoints, one in the pistol. It is a real time saver when i go target shooting; i can load up all six in the air conditioning before i even leave to go shooting. 6 x 13 = more than a couple of target changes.

I'll keep an eye out for an extra holster. I will say, my XD fits most of the "generic" holsters i've tried in the larger sizes.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 06-26-2010, 12:36 AM   #13

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Good job on the extra mags! The first thing i picked up for my XD45, other than ammo, was 4 extra mags at a gunshow. I keep a couple loaded with some hollowpoints, one in the pistol. It is a real time saver when i go target shooting; i can load up all six in the air conditioning before i even leave to go shooting. 6 x 13 = more than a couple of target changes.

I'll keep an eye out for an extra holster. I will say, my XD fits most of the "generic" holsters i've tried in the larger sizes.

Yeah better too many than too few huh.

I've been using 4 mags with the club gun and sometimes get dangerously close to running out before the end of the stage. Of course my crap shooting has a lot to do with that, heh.

Real nice of you to offer to look out for a holster, orange. But as I found out yesterday, I wouldn't be able to import it not without crawling over bureaucratic broken glass...and even then success would be touch-and-go. The guy in the shop said nah don't even bother trying! Pity you just can't go into a shop and have everything there laid out to choose...most gunshops you'd have no idea if they carried handguns at all. Very hush-hush & hidden out the back lol

Very much appreciate the offer though mate

Illigitimi Non Carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D