Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > St.louis int'l airport hit by tornado...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2011, 12:27 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 116 Times on 100 Posts
Likes Given: 231

Default St.louis int'l airport hit by tornado...

Easter weekend and nobody can fly in or out of ST.LOUIS for the next few days...What a mess,and there saying rain for the next five days..the rivers are flooding already. The Tornado hit the mane terminal and blew the roof-off,no planes in or out. Houses around the airport where blowing to pieces and not one person hurt...What a mess......

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-24-2011, 02:07 AM   #2

Liked 188 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 303

yep...I'm just north of you in Saint Charles at Lindenwood University for college...Never experienced something like this in NY...

Airport SHOULD be operational by Monday afternoon at the latest...One of my friends works there and said that the giant hole in the roof is actually from a mid-size sedan that was THROWN by the wind onto the roof of Terminal 1.....crazy stuff

Meanwhile I was in the basement of my dorm with the power out -.-

Old 04-24-2011, 04:06 PM   #3

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Damn, Y'all all need to move to El Paso.... Tornados?? What the Hell are they? Hurricanes? What the Hell are they? Floods? Well, every 500 years and our last was in 2006.

Come on down, yote hunting is great!

Scubie

Old 04-24-2011, 06:02 PM   #4

Liked 116 Times on 100 Posts
Likes Given: 231

The weather around here is great if your a duck....The Radar shows rain and storms all the way back to Tulsa and Oklahoma City and there still forming....The rivers around here are flooding now.....Anybody in the south,that lives along the river be ready for some bad flooding this spring.....I guess most Easter egg hunts for the kids will be inside or not at all........I don't have a Basement under my house and it's got six inch's of water under there...I'll have to get the old sump-pump out again this spring....FUN..FUN..FUN...The ST.LOUIS Air-Port is now open to 50% of traffic.....Happy Easter Everybody................

Old 04-24-2011, 06:07 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 32 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Heck ya, the weather is terrible in the saint Louis area. I want to go shooting but its been raining non stop.

Old 04-24-2011, 06:09 PM   #6

Liked 685 Times on 421 Posts
Likes Given: 1670

It's as dark right now in Tulsa as at dusk on a normal day. We've have intermittent rain and thunderstorms since last evening. On the bright side, the fire danger has been extinguished for now.

Old 04-25-2011, 02:46 PM   #7

Liked 188 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 303

I'll say it....I can't wait to go back to NY lol

rain, snow, gray, floods, blizzards, about 10 tornadoes a year and some years it seems to rain airplanes...but I love it