Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Spree Killing, but with NO GUNS ?? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/spree-killing-but-no-guns-4858/)

Dillinger 06-09-2008 01:08 AM

Spree Killing, but with NO GUNS ??

That is right folks! Everyone should read this and take a lesson. For every person who thinks you can only kill multiple people with firearms and that firearms themselves are the true culprits, take a look at what one determined individual was able to do with common, everyday items. And this one wasn't in the "Crime Ridden" US of A.

Japan Public Attack

Notice how the attack ended - when the killer was confronted by armed resistance. Police or no police, I am betting looking down the barrel of a pointed firearm is going to get your attention, no matter what your "frame of mind"

JD

RL357Mag 06-09-2008 01:17 AM

I think it's time we banned assault knives...they serve no sporting purpose. Maybe they should be registered? Or ban all knives with a grip capacity of more than 2 fingers...under no circumstances should concealed carry be allowed without a permit. I have an idea - we can coat the blades with micro-stamped nano particles which then get deposited in the victim and can later be retrieved and identified to trace the offending knife back to it's registered user!

ScottG 06-09-2008 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RL357Mag (Post 27242)
I think it's time we banned assault knives..

Britain is already leaning towards that. Knife crime is a problem there. So the best thing to do it ban them!!!! After all, if it wasn't for the existence of knives, these people would be singing in the local church choir. :rolleyes:

RL357Mag 06-09-2008 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottG (Post 27263)
Britain is already leaning towards that. Knife crime is a problem there. So the best thing to do it ban them!!!! After all, if it wasn't for the existence of knives, these people would be singing in the local church choir. :rolleyes:

Nothing the UK does surprises me anymore. In Canada the RCMP have to call a supervisor to get permission to use their shotguns which are kept locked in their trunks...if they ban knives, criminals will use baseball bats, if they ban baseball bats they will use something else...murder will never be prevented by banning items used in murder because human nature is more compelling than the laws that attempt to govern civil behavior.

Dillinger 06-09-2008 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RL357Mag (Post 27287)
if they ban knives, criminals will use baseball bats, if they ban baseball bats they will use something else...murder will never be prevented by banning items used in murder because human nature is more compelling than the laws that attempt to govern civil behavior.

Agreed. Once all the sharp and pointy things are abolished, then it will be, oh, I don't know - fence posts split down the center or river rocks split in two to expose the sharp edges.

The real kicker in this story, for me, was that the guy rented a vehicle and used it to mow down people in a crowded street, then he proceeded to get out and start stabbing the wounded. It's not like a lot of thought went into this attack. 1) Rent Vehicle 2) Get kitchen or other knife 3) Drive somewhere crowded and proceed with attack. How hard is that?!? We aren't dealing with the ultra sophisticated uber criminal here folks.. :eek:

JD

NYPD13 06-09-2008 04:26 PM

Once Again We See The True Culprit. Criminal Behavior, Which Is Already Outlawed But Seldom Punished As Decreed. Society Needs To Take A Lesson From History And Deal With Violent Behavior Through Strict Castigation, Not Rehabilitation Or Feel Good Legislation. The Wicked Are Seldom Penitent Yet Often Deterred. Discouraging These Actions Through Fear Of Harsh Punishment Is The Best Means Of Crime Prevention.

chorst294 06-09-2008 06:59 PM

This is very surprising to me. What, after reading newspaper articles and watching the news, I thought guns were the only means to kill people. LOL. It's amazing that narrow minded people don't seem to comprehend that there are lots of devices in which to commit violent crimes. If they ban knives, they should ban the automobile, a device that could be used to take out several people in one quick jerk of the wheel. 4,000lbs at 60 mph equals lots of ft/lbs of energy! It seems common sense is not so common these days!

RL357Mag 06-10-2008 12:59 AM

Like my Signature line says "Gun Control, Simple Solution for Simple Minds"

I think it's time for nationally televised executions...

CARNUT1100 06-10-2008 03:36 AM

Wonderful example, but preaching to the converted here.
You will NEVER stop people from killing each other, and tightening regulations on something where the problem comes from people ignoring the current regulations will never work.

RL357Mag 06-12-2008 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CARNUT1100 (Post 27354)
Wonderful example, but preaching to the converted here.
You will NEVER stop people from killing each other, and tightening regulations on something where the problem comes from people ignoring the current regulations will never work.

Agreed - it's too bad your government didn't realize that back in 1999. I saw pictures in Gun Week of thousands of firearms being bull-dozed in Australia after they were banned and confiscated. What a waste. May happen here someday.