Spreading Cops Around The House - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Spreading Cops Around The House

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2010, 04:31 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 43 Times on 36 Posts

I have called just about everyone on here a name at one time or another. SO WHAT.....

BTW I keep my cop in the laundry room but he is only allowed to have a sling shot made out of a Pink Panties....... Sorry for stealing yours Cmike......

Old 06-18-2010, 04:40 PM   #22

Liked 191 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmike View Post
Did I ever tell you how incredibly intelligent your remarks are?
Well, this is a good start!

Quote:
Wow, that was so funny...it's hard for me to stop laughing.
Oops, I typed too soon.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 06-18-2010, 04:43 PM   #23

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts

If B.K. messes up my burger, I don't complain, I simply don't go back.

Old 06-18-2010, 04:44 PM   #24

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If B.K. messes up my burger, I don't complain, I simply don't go back.
W o r d !!!!!

Old 06-18-2010, 05:38 PM   #25

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3502 Times on 1614 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Hey all I did was disagree regarding the Seattle cop incident, and I got hostility ever since because I dared having a different opinion.
Actually, I believe your fun started in the "Police officer teaching kids not to play with guns shoots himself in the foot" thread where you expressed some anti-leo remarks. They were warranted as that guy who shot himself wasn't the best instructor, but being new, I imagine some of the folks took it wrong.

Then there were a couple of threads where you had asked some questions that perhaps didn't convey what you were trying to ascertain, and you got a bit defensive with the comments.

Then came the assault weapon thread -

Quote:
I did tell my wife about the little controversy I started here.
Quote:

She did say that I may have phrased my question in an offensive manner, so I am sorry if I did.

Which I changed the title of, for you, to try and smooth the way and make interaction a little easier.

From there.....

You refused to read a thread that had a video caption, ignored a ton of evidence that was introduced, insinuated a member who is a 27 year police veteran & respected member here was "covering for a fellow cop" and continued to beat a drum of "the cop was wrong" without addressing any of the evidence presented.

I would say, all in all, you have had a hell of a first month. *shrug*

I don't know what to tell you. Flat out telling every member of the forum they are wrong and you are right because you say so, probably, maybe, MIGHT HAVE tilted the board a bit against you.

Being pretty new here and most of your posts haven't given everyone the true light of your personal, hands-on experience and world knowledge.

I'm just saying.

Old 06-18-2010, 06:23 PM   #26

Liked 861 Times on 343 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
I think this place has been very open and accepting. Sometimes, we get off on the wrong foot, and attempt to make amends. Some guys have come here, came off rough, and have become our most valued.

Thing is, they were open to what others were telling them, and tuned down the confrontational stance.

This place is an incredibly valuable resource. Tone it down, and see.
+1 Benning, you sir are not only an EPIC and FUNNY SOB but right on target there.

Old 06-19-2010, 01:31 AM   #27

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3502 Times on 1614 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Cmike – I have usually had this following conversation with new members via PM, but perhaps I should do it in the open more often as it might help other new members.

This forum has been around for several years, and most of the members you see with Supporting Member tags, were members here long before there was such an option. As such, because of the amount of time they have spent interacting with one another, there is a generally respected belief that members know the background of the person making the statements.

When I first got here, I posted a thread discussing three common rifle actions. It was not very favorable to a lot of people’s favorite, Remington. No one here really knew anything about me, and as I was going against conventional wisdom, I had to be out to lunch. Cpttango30 and I went round and round for awhile because of it. As time went by and they got to know me, and realize that I was working in a gunshop and did have some good wisdom, they accepted me.

The same thing happened with several other members here. IGETEVEN happens to have a very well respected background. His DD-214 has it’s own level of clearance. When he first got here, no one knew a damn thing about him, and when he was talking about “real world shooting” no one knew he was talking from the “Been there, done that” experience. As you have seen, now that people know him, know he is a straight shooter, they respect his opinion and value his input.

There is no vetting process for this forum. You join, you post, you start as a junior member, at 25 posts you can post in the political arena. Coming in as the new guy, and posting a lot of political opinions, especially when no one knows anything about your background, you are going to encounter an immediate circling of the wagons because the members here are going to think you are here to stir the pot. Add drama, have some fun with the gun toting Right Wingers.

That doesn’t mean that is what I think you are doing, I am just laying out the facts here. This forum has over 10,000 “visitors” a day during the weekends, double that during the week and that number is close to triple if there is a hot news item featuring weapons or a shooting. That is a lot of people just “looking in on us”. So, all the members subscribe to a “we will police ourselves” approach.

This may come across as harsh to a new member who doesn’t understand the dynamics of what is happening here. Give this place some time, let the members get to know you for more than a lightening rod who wants to argue. You might find that even though you don’t see eye to eye with them, they will defend your right to say most anything once they know you. And yes, they will still call you names, but now you will know it’s part of the way of life here…..

Good luck.

JD

Old 06-19-2010, 02:23 AM   #28

yea ya'll got the right idea, I'm gonna spread cops around the house too, they will have strict requirements though... I can hear it now, sweety don't worry about it, they are hear for our protection. Think it'll work?
12438.jpg

Old 06-19-2010, 02:28 AM   #29

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHSBulldog06 View Post
yea ya'll got the right idea, I'm gonna spread cops around the house too, they will have strict requirements though... I can hear it now, sweety don't worry about it, they are hear for our protection. Think it'll work?
Attachment 15672
I don't know if it'll work but could be worth it to try!

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 06-19-2010, 03:30 AM   #30

Liked 2395 Times on 1298 Posts
Likes Given: 1450

Do you have to keep a lot of donuts around? What about the union? I would think they would insist on donuts.
Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.