Spreading Cops Around The House - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Spreading Cops Around The House


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2010, 04:31 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Stafford, Virginia,The state of insanity.
Posts: 14,043
Liked 43 Times on 36 Posts

Default

I have called just about everyone on here a name at one time or another. SO WHAT.....

BTW I keep my cop in the laundry room but he is only allowed to have a sling shot made out of a Pink Panties....... Sorry for stealing yours Cmike......
cpttango30 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 04:40 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
CHLChris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Portland,Oregon
Posts: 2,523
Liked 191 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmike View Post
Did I ever tell you how incredibly intelligent your remarks are?
Well, this is a good start!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmike View Post
Wow, that was so funny...it's hard for me to stop laughing.
Oops, I typed too soon.
__________________
.45acp, .40 S&W, 9mm, .38 Spl, .380 acp, 22lr
12 gauge, .223/5.56x45mm, 30-30 Winchester


2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face
CHLChris is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 04:43 PM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: everywhere
Posts: 9,639
Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts

Default

If B.K. messes up my burger, I don't complain, I simply don't go back.
Benning Boy is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 04:44 PM   #24
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Rogers, AR
Posts: 6,262
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If B.K. messes up my burger, I don't complain, I simply don't go back.
W o r d !!!!!
Gojubrian is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 05:38 PM   #25
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Posts: 24,301
Liked 3502 Times on 1614 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmike View Post
Hey all I did was disagree regarding the Seattle cop incident, and I got hostility ever since because I dared having a different opinion.
Actually, I believe your fun started in the "Police officer teaching kids not to play with guns shoots himself in the foot" thread where you expressed some anti-leo remarks. They were warranted as that guy who shot himself wasn't the best instructor, but being new, I imagine some of the folks took it wrong.

Then there were a couple of threads where you had asked some questions that perhaps didn't convey what you were trying to ascertain, and you got a bit defensive with the comments.

Then came the assault weapon thread -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmike View Post
I did tell my wife about the little controversy I started here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmike View Post

She did say that I may have phrased my question in an offensive manner, so I am sorry if I did.


Which I changed the title of, for you, to try and smooth the way and make interaction a little easier.

From there.....

You refused to read a thread that had a video caption, ignored a ton of evidence that was introduced, insinuated a member who is a 27 year police veteran & respected member here was "covering for a fellow cop" and continued to beat a drum of "the cop was wrong" without addressing any of the evidence presented.

I would say, all in all, you have had a hell of a first month. *shrug*

I don't know what to tell you. Flat out telling every member of the forum they are wrong and you are right because you say so, probably, maybe, MIGHT HAVE tilted the board a bit against you.

Being pretty new here and most of your posts haven't given everyone the true light of your personal, hands-on experience and world knowledge.

I'm just saying.
Dillinger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 06:23 PM   #26
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
NitroxAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: molonlabeforum.com
Posts: 4,899
Liked 861 Times on 343 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
I think this place has been very open and accepting. Sometimes, we get off on the wrong foot, and attempt to make amends. Some guys have come here, came off rough, and have become our most valued.

Thing is, they were open to what others were telling them, and tuned down the confrontational stance.

This place is an incredibly valuable resource. Tone it down, and see.
+1 Benning, you sir are not only an EPIC and FUNNY SOB but right on target there.
NitroxAZ is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 01:31 AM   #27
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Posts: 24,301
Liked 3502 Times on 1614 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default

Cmike – I have usually had this following conversation with new members via PM, but perhaps I should do it in the open more often as it might help other new members.

This forum has been around for several years, and most of the members you see with Supporting Member tags, were members here long before there was such an option. As such, because of the amount of time they have spent interacting with one another, there is a generally respected belief that members know the background of the person making the statements.

When I first got here, I posted a thread discussing three common rifle actions. It was not very favorable to a lot of people’s favorite, Remington. No one here really knew anything about me, and as I was going against conventional wisdom, I had to be out to lunch. Cpttango30 and I went round and round for awhile because of it. As time went by and they got to know me, and realize that I was working in a gunshop and did have some good wisdom, they accepted me.

The same thing happened with several other members here. IGETEVEN happens to have a very well respected background. His DD-214 has it’s own level of clearance. When he first got here, no one knew a damn thing about him, and when he was talking about “real world shooting” no one knew he was talking from the “Been there, done that” experience. As you have seen, now that people know him, know he is a straight shooter, they respect his opinion and value his input.

There is no vetting process for this forum. You join, you post, you start as a junior member, at 25 posts you can post in the political arena. Coming in as the new guy, and posting a lot of political opinions, especially when no one knows anything about your background, you are going to encounter an immediate circling of the wagons because the members here are going to think you are here to stir the pot. Add drama, have some fun with the gun toting Right Wingers.

That doesn’t mean that is what I think you are doing, I am just laying out the facts here. This forum has over 10,000 “visitors” a day during the weekends, double that during the week and that number is close to triple if there is a hot news item featuring weapons or a shooting. That is a lot of people just “looking in on us”. So, all the members subscribe to a “we will police ourselves” approach.

This may come across as harsh to a new member who doesn’t understand the dynamics of what is happening here. Give this place some time, let the members get to know you for more than a lightening rod who wants to argue. You might find that even though you don’t see eye to eye with them, they will defend your right to say most anything once they know you. And yes, they will still call you names, but now you will know it’s part of the way of life here…..

Good luck.

JD
Dillinger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 02:23 AM   #28
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
SHSBulldog06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 132
Default

yea ya'll got the right idea, I'm gonna spread cops around the house too, they will have strict requirements though... I can hear it now, sweety don't worry about it, they are hear for our protection. Think it'll work?
12438.jpg
SHSBulldog06 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 02:28 AM   #29
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
pandamonium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,601
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHSBulldog06 View Post
yea ya'll got the right idea, I'm gonna spread cops around the house too, they will have strict requirements though... I can hear it now, sweety don't worry about it, they are hear for our protection. Think it'll work?
Attachment 15672
I don't know if it'll work but could be worth it to try!
__________________
GUN CONTROL, I GOT THAT

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson
pandamonium is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 03:30 AM   #30
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Rick1967's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Clifton,Colorado
Posts: 4,721
Liked 2395 Times on 1298 Posts
Likes Given: 1450

Default

Do you have to keep a lot of donuts around? What about the union? I would think they would insist on donuts.
__________________
Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
Rick1967 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Cops think they can violate your right michigan0626 Legal and Activism 125 04-08-2010 02:18 AM
Serious question for COPS! dragunovsks Politics, Religion and Controversy 30 04-05-2010 03:30 AM
Spreading the gun gospel Franciscomv Range Report 4 01-09-2010 03:01 AM