Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Spirits (alcohol, not boo) (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/spirits-alcohol-not-boo-42865/)

spittinfire 05-22-2011 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canebrake (Post 509969)
Hell, I was your professor, like you'd remember! :p

What did you teach? Marine Biology? :D

Dillinger 05-22-2011 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ineffable (Post 509974)
Bleh. I am not a fan of all the foofoo flavors out there. If a drink has to be doctored to taste good, it probably shouldn't be consumed in the first place. Cupcake vodka? Seriously? I'd rather set my junk on fire.

*snapping fingers* That's right. You're married. Now your post makes sense. :p

JD

Yunus 05-22-2011 11:03 AM

I really like Sobieski Vodka. I'm sure it's not a top shelf but it's the best of the low end IMO. $20 for a 1.5 liter bottle for a decent vodka is hard to beat.

The "best" though, that's the home made stuff.

skullcrusher 05-22-2011 11:03 AM

Speaking of college days and abusing cheap liquor...

We kept a wet bar in one of our closets stocked with the likes of El Matador, a no name chalky rum and vodka in a plastic bottle. To this day, I can't even smell any of that crap without gaging. The main reason I am a beer guy now. On very rare occasions, I can sip some good single malt. Even the aged CC makes me want to hurl. I can keep it down, but I have to work at it. :eek:

Jaeger, on the other hand is the choice for hiding rufies...

user4 05-22-2011 09:16 PM

Spirits (alcohol, not boo)

This is a total opinion poll to discover the favorite types and brands of hard alcohol. Being a whiskey (scotch) man, I've decided to branch out and stock my post apocalypse bar with some quality, yet not too brutally expensive liquid gold. I just bought some vodka the other day that smells and tastes like rubbing alcohol, so please feel free to chime in on your favorites in the vodka, rum, and tequila depts. You can toss in your favorite whiskeys, too, but if you say Glenlivet single malt, I'm going to punch you in the wiener. I can't afford that stuff and you probably can't either. Yes, it is the best, but I would like to keep it within the realm of alcohol, not mortgage payments. Someone PLEASE give me some insight on a decent vodka!

JonM 05-22-2011 09:25 PM

my all time favorite is prolly knob creek bourbon. since i dont drink very much anymore due to medication restrictions its very affordable.

lonyaeger 05-22-2011 09:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Tito's FTW. Made right here in Austin, TX. Keep it local.....and it holds its own with all the big-name imports.

c3shooter 05-22-2011 09:31 PM

Knob Creek is good. Waterford Reserve better. Vodka? Stoly.

Dillinger 05-22-2011 09:32 PM

"Decent" vodka for a fair price?

Zyr Vodka

This stuff is great, won't break the bank and can be mixed with anything you desire. I love this stuff, but it's not available everywhere, so I have to order mine in from out of state.

The best Rum, in our house opinion, is Bacardi Superior white rum. It's clean, it mixes well and the history of the family is just steeped in tradition and love for what they do.

Both are very well priced and both get the job done without heartburn, night sweats or giving you a pucker face like you just sat on a sour grape. :eek:

JD

user4 05-22-2011 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonyaeger (Post 509824)
Tito's FTW. Made right here in Austin, TX. Keep it local.....and it holds its own with all the big-name imports.

That's the second time I heard Titos.