Spec-Ops Command slams SEAL raid book 'a lie'
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Spec-Ops Command slams SEAL raid book 'a lie'

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2011, 06:43 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Default Spec-Ops Command slams SEAL raid book 'a lie'

Spec Ops Command Slams SEAL Raid Book as 'a Lie'

By KIMBERLY DOZIER - AP Intelligence Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) — The U.S. Special Operations Command is calling a former Navy SEAL's book bogus over its claims to describe the "real" version of the raid that killed Osama bin Laden.

"It's just not true," U.S. Special Operations Command spokesman Col. Tim Nye said. "It's not how it happened."

"Laden with conspiracy theories and attacks on the Obama White House, Chuck Pfarrer's "SEAL Target Geronimo" claims an alternative version of the raid in which the SEAL team shot bin Laden within 90 seconds of arriving at the Pakistan compound where the al-Qaida mastermind was holed up."

"We have never come forward and gone after an author and say, 'that is a lie,'" Nye said. "That tells you how far off the mark we believe this book is."

Read more...

Spec Ops Command Slams SEAL Raid Book as 'a Lie'

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-15-2011, 06:54 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Just for the sake of arguement, are these people really trained to be the most open and honest group about their tactics?

If it comes from the federal government, it is suspect; if it is information coming from the federal government, it is false.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 11-16-2011, 07:04 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I'll believe the book. Funny thing how the news changed as the evening wore on. It was 1st reported as a 90 second gun battle but by morning the story was totally different. Same with Quadaffy Huffington post reported a few days later with a video that he was sodomized before he was executed. With-in the hour the story and video were gone and no where to be found on the net. All to keep Obama out of prison.

Old 11-16-2011, 07:48 PM   #4

Liked 1109 Times on 657 Posts
Likes Given: 348

Quote:
"It's just not true," U.S. Special Operations Command spokesman Col. Tim Nye said. "It's not how it happened."

"Laden with conspiracy theories and attacks on the Obama White House, Chuck Pfarrer's "SEAL Target Geronimo" claims an alternative version of the raid in which the SEAL team shot bin Laden within 90 seconds of arriving at the Pakistan compound where the al-Qaida mastermind was holed up."

"We have never come forward and gone after an author and say, 'that is a lie,'" Nye said. "That tells you how far off the mark we believe this book is."
Sounds exactly like something someone would say if the truth were to get out.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 11-16-2011, 09:06 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
Sounds exactly like something someone would say if the truth were to get out.
Sounded not entirely unlike some excuses i used to my parents in high school: open with a flat-out denial, mitigate with circumstances or make accusation sound implausible, and deride the source of the accusation.

"Mom, there is no way i was banging Shelly on the back porch Saturday.

If i had been doing something like that, i would have splinters or bruises on my knees and less acne.

I think that neighbor lady is on the sauce, in case that is where you are getting this crazy story. Really, on the back porch? Pashaw!"

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:09 PM   #6

Liked 132 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 231

well, he can probably thank the bumbleheads in washington now for just giving him a best seller.....

Old 02-27-2012, 09:06 PM   #7

Liked 132 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 231

I just finished the book....as usual, washington looks bad on account of their own political motives, no wonder they're calling it a lie.

CIA dont look much better and they even had a good dog on their side this time....

be your own judge of course, but i thought it was a well told account and good read none the less.

i think the next best thing would be the SNL cast reading the book and then reenacting their take on the situation room scene.....

Old 02-27-2012, 09:26 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

As an individual that used to work side by side with the Seals and Other Government Agencies (OGA's) as an Air Force Pararescueman or PJ, there are many things that the American people will never know about this raid. These books seem to be a dime a dozen these days. I have read books about past incidents that I was personally involved in and there wasn't a lick of truth from cover to cover. Our special tactics and abilities need to be kept secret to maintain the upper hand over the enemy. If you can just read a book and learn all of our national security secrets, then why bother with security clearances at all. If you believe everything you read, then I have a bridge to sell you. CHEAP!!!

Old 02-28-2012, 08:43 PM   #9

Liked 124 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 235

Never heard of the Book...I'll have to check-it-out.......