Speaking of children...Child shoots intruder during home break-in - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Speaking of children...Child shoots intruder during home break-in

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2009, 09:59 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2057 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

The kids that young being left alone like that is not good. But his use of the firearm for self-defense of him and his sister is cool with me. I think the kid did right but the question that should be asked is why they were left alone to begin with.

Old 07-18-2009, 10:27 AM   #12

I'd like to meet this ten year old kid, he's a complete bad ass. Some guy shot his mouth off to a kid after breaking into his apartment, and the kid by responded by.... shooting the guys mouth off. LMAO.

To young to be alone, I agree, but this kid just proved he's got what it takes to handle it.

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
— Abraham Lincoln

"Rosie O'Donnell blames guns for murders, but nobody blames spoons and forks for Rosie O'Donnell"

Old 07-18-2009, 10:29 AM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post
The kids that young being left alone like that is not good. But his use of the firearm for self-defense of him and his sister is cool with me. I think the kid did right but the question that should be asked is why they were left alone to begin with.
You know, I can see your point, but there are so many single parents, that it might be some have no choice. Might be that She is just barely making expenses and cannot aford a day care and has no family close by. Also I applaud the boy with having the frame of mind to protect his sister, and it will get worse before it gets better. I think I would really enjoy taking him for a week of back to nature and k
living off the land for a week. I remember my older brother would take me hunting, and all we would carry is a flashlight, a 22 for me & a baby nipple, and a loaf of bread and salt & pepper, told me NO KILL/NO EAT. Surprising what you can find if you are hungry.

Layton

Old 07-18-2009, 10:52 AM   #14

Liked 2057 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Quote:
Originally Posted by layton View Post
You know, I can see your point, but there are so many single parents, that it might be some have no choice. Might be that She is just barely making expenses and cannot aford a day care and has no family close by. Also I applaud the boy with having the frame of mind to protect his sister, and it will get worse before it gets better. I think I would really enjoy taking him for a week of back to nature and k
living off the land for a week. I remember my older brother would take me hunting, and all we would carry is a flashlight, a 22 for me & a baby nipple, and a loaf of bread and salt & pepper, told me NO KILL/NO EAT. Surprising what you can find if you are hungry.

Layton
I agree....

Old 07-18-2009, 06:27 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynastyofnext View Post
The 10yr old knew where the loaded gun was, and that he could use it to protect his sister? I think the mom is holding something back; maybe she did train him to use it. How does a 10yr old put rounds in two guys, but not just any shot a head shot.
Like i said, a "properly taught 10 year old". This kid is a decent example; he knew how to operate the gun and not to play with it or point it at friendlies. Sounds like a good kid. Luckily, i don't have any children that i know of; if i did have offspring that would be alone for long periods of time, they would be familiar with a shotgun. I would choose the shotgun due to its unsuitability for "playing around" (heavy, long, very dificult for small people to point at themselves). I'd probably be under the jail by now for teaching a child to defend itself.

Last edited by orangello; 07-18-2009 at 06:30 PM.

Old 07-18-2009, 08:43 PM   #16

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

My kids stay at home, alone, while my wife and I work. What's wrong with that? I pity the fool that tries to kick down my door with my 12 year old daughter there. She can shoot ALMOST as well as I can. And before anyone says anything crazy, she has been through Hunters Education classes, babysitter courses(which includr CPR training), and she passed my training course(that was the toughest one!).

Old 07-18-2009, 09:48 PM   #17

Liked 12 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 67

I'm gonna agree with War Eagle. The kid's a badass - to even have the countenance in that kind of situation - which must have been horrifying to ANY person, let alone a 10 year-old.

I hate to hear of latch-key kids, but also know it's a reality. Assuming the kids know that playing with the firearm under any other circumstances is bad news, I say kudos to that young man for protecting his home and his sister. It took ballz, so hat's off to him.

Christopher A. S. "Boots" Combest
www.facebook.com/christopher.combest

Member: TSRA, NRA, GOA, North American Hunting Club and Ducks Unlimited

"If you get thrown from a horse, you have to get up and get back on, unless you landed on a cactus; then you have to roll around and scream in pain."